Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the exponentials over a 5-10 day incubation period and this will give you better insight in to the infection trends.

Are there individual daily numbers for the 2 local and unknown data dating back to 12/3?

38 and O

If you go to covid19data.com.au all the charts are there, and you can get the daily numbers by hovering your mouse above them

Don't want a bar of what?

Pretty sure the rebate is there to encourage people to have private health insurance in the hope they use it so that the government doesn't have to pay more to provide the extra beds/staff/facilities in the public system that would otherwise be needed.
Exactly my point when people suggest we should scrap the private hospitals?

Surely no one actually thinks we're on top of this? Test results are 10 days behind which coincides with a decrease/limitation in international entries. Testing requirements are too strict.
Not "on top of" but if we can at least slow the rate of new infections we delay the point in which our medical services become saturated as we have limited capacity to deal with Covid cases + regular medical emergencies. Right now I think people are clinging to any good news they can find.

Assume they are locally acquired infections.
the local numbers have been rising steadily in NSW and VIC

View attachment 849176

How does the testing criteria in NSW pick up unknown local transmission?

If it's presentation at emergency and severity of cases to that level represent between 5 to 20% of cases then a fifth category of "Undetected Local Transmissions" could be at 1000+ to 4000.

38 and O

If you go to covid19data.com.au all the charts are there, and you can get the daily numbers by hovering your mouse above them

Cheers.

I would assume that the drop in unknowns on the 26/3 contributed to the spikes in local/overseas transmissions on that date.

If it's presentation at emergency and severity of cases to that level represent between 5 to 20% of cases then a fifth category of "Undetected Local Transmissions" could be at 1000+ to 4000.

It's data that cannot be verified at that time, and pretty useless, as it should be able to distinguish if someone has at least been overseas. Their should be more data on how this number is eventually distributed.

Attempting to formulate infection forecasts is a futile exercise at the moment.

1585519470131.png

Cheers.

I would assume that the drop in unknowns on the 26/3 contributed to the spikes in local/overseas transmissions on that date.

The unknowns are actually called "under investigation" for NSW. They dropped from 200ish the day a big spike in os transmission numbers occured, so your assumption is same as mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your not going to like this but more than ever we need to socially distance from china and need America as an ally. with our mandatory 14 days in quarantine later in down the track Americans are.fine.

this virus was made in China and they've acted appallingly in covering it up locking up doctors and then claims it was started by Americans... to name just the tip of the iceberg

They've had to shut down large parts of the Barossa Valley because of an American tourist group.

We would be stupid to allow Americans in, even with 14 day quarantine.

Just a guess, but the local unknown source I'm guessing have presented at emergency and only been tested because of their symptoms. As you point out, all the locals are being told to generally stay away.

If data is hidden from you, what you look for are indicators. For covid-19 I would be looking squarely at emergency room admissions and ICU bed rates. This is because if someone is ****ed, they need treatment whether or not a test tells them they are officially ****ed.

To date, er and ICU numbers remain stable according to the premiers. We are hearing however hospitals are expecting to be hit in the next 1-2 weeks. Off that, of say our local transmission remains low, but the next week is critical to us being a Singapore or a UK

That people forgot they had just gotten back from overseas a week earlier?

"But I felt fine when I got home"
This will lead to tighter quarantine. Although strict already it relies on self disclosure. After in some cases 24 hours door to door people just want to get home. They will lie about their symptoms.

You wouldn't want to be presenting with significant symptoms in a months time.

I hope folks aren't underestimating this with regard to their current exposure.
Next month is crucial. If this 2 split works than we are all back at the footy. Doesn't then we are the US. Looking through the numbers US is now high but what is with Italy's death rate? It's ratio is sky high compared to everyone else. Or are they measuring their numbers differently

Next month is crucial. If this 2 split works than we are all back at the footy. Doesn't then we are the US. Looking through the numbers US is now high but what is with Italy's death rate? It's ratio is sky high compared to everyone else. Or are they measuring their numbers differently

Yep.

There's a perfect storm looming on the horizon, and those that don't take adequate precaution will be taking on significant risk with their lives.

It's crucial that folks give the utmost consideration to their friends & family 65 and over.

I was under the impression people tend to touch their faces more often when wearing masks because they think they are safer.
No! The mask reminds you that you SHOULDN’T be touching your face. That’s how the virus gets in. Just don’t touch your face. Watch that video I posted on the previous page. My doctor cousin said it’s the best video she’s seen about self protection plus reducing fear.

your not going to like this but more than ever we need to socially distance from china and need America as an ally. with our mandatory 14 days in quarantine later in down the track Americans are.fine.

this virus was made in China and they've acted appallingly in covering it up locking up doctors and then claims it was started by Americans... to name just the tip of the iceberg
Total BS

No! The mask reminds you that you SHOULDN’T be touching your face. That’s how the virus gets in. Just don’t touch your face. Watch that video I posted on the previous page. My doctor cousin said it’s the best video she’s seen about self protection plus reducing fear.
That's all well and good in Asia, where people are used to wearing them. Australians are much more likely not to use them properly and increase their risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back