Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

What does everyone think of the Australian olympians who have flown to Europe to holiday on the Amalfi coast and Greek islands while the rest of us can’t leave our effing homes let alone go interstate or overseas.
Hope it isnt tax payer funded and they struggle to get back before the next games.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What does everyone think of the Australian olympians who have flown to Europe to holiday on the Amalfi coast and Greek islands while the rest of us can’t leave our effing homes let alone go interstate or overseas.

I probably wouldn't come back either. Good on them.

Next line " This decrease was observed simultaneously with the spread of the Delta variant in Israel. Nevertheless, the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing serious illness and hospitalization cases is estimated at 93%. "

Im a big fan of your posting, but cmon the next line is kind of important for context.

Fair comment. But I have reason to doubt that 93% figure.

From the Israel Health dashboard. There has been a 3 x increase of severely ill due to Covid in over 60s the last two weeks in the fully and partially vaccinated groups. 4 x in the non-vaccinated. Without looking behind the raw numbers the data indicates 79% effectiveness at preventing severe illness. But the unvaccinated group would include people who were too sick to be vaccinated so might be more susceptible to Covid. I think 70% is more realistic.

That's about severe illness. There's a very different argument why vaccine passports are being justified ie about vaccines resulting in less cases. If the efficacy of vaccines is 64% then vaccine passports are futile.

Might as well. They are out in covid land already may as well enjoy

Next line " This decrease was observed simultaneously with the spread of the Delta variant in Israel. Nevertheless, the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing serious illness and hospitalization cases is estimated at 93%. "

Im a big fan of your posting, but cmon the next line is kind of important for context.

Very unlike sorted to post disingenuously on this topic.

You can see where Israel went wrong in this chart (and how badly we've done). Vaccinations essentially flatlined at 60% for the last few months, as they thought they had it beat. You can see in the last few days they realise they've f#*ked up, and started vaccinating again. There may be vaccine hesitancy over there in certain groups (ultraorthodox etc), but they've really squandered this.

Amazing what this virus does to human hubris, look at the American South right now. You'd have some grudging respect for it if weren't such a pain in the arse.

Genomics for Australia, While much of the news has been about NSW and Victoria, Queensland have had major issues with their Hotel Quarantine system in recent months. It's very hard to distinguish all their breaches so some I'm not 100% sure on.

Genomics Australia.png

I remember when Melbourne had the Commonwealth Games and some athletes went awol and didn’t show up to their events. They decided just to stay and avoid their home country. I liken it to that. Good luck to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can see where Israel went wrong in this chart (and how badly we've done). Vaccinations essentially flatlined at 60% for the last few months, as they thought they had it beat. You can see in the last few days they realise they've f#*ked up, and started vaccinating again. There may be vaccine hesitancy over there in certain groups (ultraorthodox etc), but they've really squandered this.

When you say it's flatlined in Israel it's because the vast majority of the adult population are already fully or partially vaccinated, with particularly high rates in the older age groups.

fullypartially
60-6991.0% 87.1%
70-7995.6% 93.0%
80-8994.1%91.5%
90+93.6%90.1%

It's the fully vaccinated older population that are the majority of people getting seriously ill with Covid. And the number is rising.
1628345306162.png

This is good data from Israel, if not a good news story. The number of cases and people getting seriously ill are both rising. It will be interesting to see what they do next such as third jabs or lockdowns.

So you wanted Australia to boycott the Olympics because you can't go on a holiday?
Yes. we are either shutting down our borders for a pandemic for everyone or no one.

as soon as it’s ok for some And not others then we have created a tiered society of humans and sub humans with different rights. Not to mention allowing them to go risks spreading the virus when they return to everyone else who was not allowed to go.

Less strain on our quarantine system.

I agree with Seeds and think the Olympic athletes getting to go holiday is off, but I don't like the Olympics full stop so I have bias there -

On a similar topic I am getting sick of reading these kind of sob stories

Man living in US wants to come home for Xmas and another wants to come back to see his dying father but they feel "abandoned" by the Fed Govt because they've changed rules that allowed people to get exemptions to return/leave country only to come back / leave a couple weeks later

I get it, it sucks - but i still haven't seen my Mum in Brisbane since Jan 2020 because of state borders and I was lucky I managed to get to Adelaide three weeks ago to see Dad for first time in nearly two years - It's called living in a pandemic and while none of us expected this when we moved away from family ultimately this is one of those risks we chose to make

Feds have got a lot to blame for but these sooks situationd aren't on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back