Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

Sorry, what Anglos term "the common cold" is often a coronavirus.

Wait, so are you referring to the common cold, or influenza?

You're all over the place here.

You very definitively stated that the flu was literally a coronavirus.

So you're now saying that when saying literally, you don't mean literally? And when saying the flu, you don't mean the flu?

For a country with such tightly managed borders and no community spread, is this delaying of care reasonable?

I don't think it is.
They are scared because we had (during lockdown 1) a case get into staff and it became impossible to contact trace- result precautionary shutdown of the ED. There is a lack of leadership about whether a fully vaccinated workforce still need to quarantine for 14 days (current policy is that we do- it is crap)

No trap. Just want to know. I'm perplexed as to why someone would think everyone being vaccinated who wants to be would NOT lead to borders re-opening??!!!
I think he is basing it on what government have said, not expressing own opinion. Our federal government have said that even vaccinated borders may not open- I think that their goal was to temper expectations in case of new variants showing vaccine not effective, but you are right in that it also removes a driver to get vaccine. Particularly if we also need yearly boosters (with currently unclear rate of side effects- because not yet known, probably no different to normal vaccine but it is known reactions to Pfizer 2 are more common and intense than to Pfizer 1- source the original nejm article)

No trap. Just want to know. I'm perplexed as to why someone would think everyone being vaccinated who wants to be would NOT lead to borders re-opening??!!!
Viruses are complex and unpredictable. There are no guarantees.

has anyone (under 50 and not in an eligible group yet) in Vic had the vax just by showing up? a couple of U50 mates reckon they showed up to a hub and just got ushered through on the spot for Pfizer jab.

Wait, so are you referring to the common cold, or influenza?

You're all over the place here.

You very definitively stated that the flu was literally a coronavirus.

So you're now saying that when saying literally, you don't mean literally? And when saying the flu, you don't mean the flu?

What I'm saying, and what you're saying, actually supports my position even more - in many cases the common cold, rather than the flu, is literally a coronavirus.

So, if your positioning is "wow, don't say the flu is a coronavirus, they are two different things and the flu is way less worse"...well, the common cold is even more way less worse...

In 20 years time, the reaction to Covid will be a great case study in how polarised and extreme politics in the US lead to the world losing its mind:

NY Times accepts that masks were a political issue, and the politics is what is keeping some people from taking it off.

What I'm saying, and what you're saying, actually supports my position even more - in many cases the common cold, rather than the flu, is literally a coronavirus.

So, if your positioning is "wow, don't say the flu is a coronavirus, they are two different things and the flu is way less worse"...well, the common cold is even more way less worse...

Hard to take you as an authority figure when you say literally but don't mean literally, and say the flu but don't mean the flu.

The common cold can be a coronavirus, or a rhinovirus.

Different coronaviruses do different things, with different levels of severity. You do know this right?

You're simply trying to throw as much mud at the wall as you can hoping some of it sticks, the problem is you're not making the distance to even hit the wall let alone have any of it stick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different coronaviruses do different things, with different levels of severity. You do know this right?

Well, I don't think anyone in the world has said Covid is LESS severe...so what is your point here?

Any politician that tried to "eradicate" a highly infectious coronavirus like the common cold would be considered a LUNATIC...so why are we trying to do it with this coronavirus, even considering the higher death rate?

Just imagine the headline - Politician XYZ to close up society for years on end to eradicate the common cold.

You'd think they were the biggest moron on the planet. And they wouldn't be successful either.

Well, I don't think anyone in the world has said Covid is LESS severe...so what is your point here?

You did?

considering the higher death rate

Well, maybe think on that for a moment and you'll find the answer. Why did the UK suddenly pivot from the 'let it rip' strategy to the '* we should do something' strategy?

Well, apart from the thousand times I've discussed the higher death rate from Covid on these forums. Can't quote the posts as the threads are locked, but few examples:

Sep 13, 2020
Can you explain why action on the seasonal flu registers at one end, with a substantial mortality rate, but Covid, with yes a higher death rate, registers at the complete opposite end?

Aug 21, 2020
And all this for a virus whose death rate is 0.2 or 0.x%? And many already in palliative care anyway?

Aug 19, 2020
If Covid-19 was like Ebola and had a 50% death rate, then yeah, lockdowns would be warranted. OR if Covid-19 was like the Spanish Flu and killed the young moreso than the elderly, then yeah, lockdowns would be warranted. BUT when Covid-19 is killing what we hear are those already in palliative care and with underlying conditions, then why on earth are we not simply putting all this money and effort into SHIELDING at-risk groups while allowing everyone else to live as normal??

See data above. Shows how crappily left-wing your Brit news is if you weren't aware.
If you think our news is left-wing explain how the Tories get favourable reporting...

But is the pattern of the disease's spread not more to do with the lockdowns and social distancing measures than herd immunity? Herd immunity will only kick in once a comfortable majority have been completely vaccinated, and we're not there yet. The pattern seems to be more that when we relaxed lockdowns and eased rules too early, we brought about spikes in cases. Conversely, the various measures to control the virus work, as long as they're being followed.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

If you think our news is left-wing explain how the Tories get favourable reporting...

But is the pattern of the disease's spread not more to do with the lockdowns and social distancing measures than herd immunity? Herd immunity will only kick in once a comfortable majority have been completely vaccinated, and we're not there yet. The pattern seems to be more that when we relaxed lockdowns and eased rules too early, we brought about spikes in cases. Conversely, the various measures to control the virus work, as long as they're being followed.

It's not all about the vaccinations though - there was substantial community spread which has left people with natural antibodies, especially amongst those under 37 who haven't been vaccinated.

For your incredible success and developing and rolling out the vaccine. Most of the word is envious of what you have achieved n the vaccine sphere.

Well, maybe think on that for a moment and you'll find the answer. Why did the UK suddenly pivot from the 'let it rip' strategy to the 'fu** we should do something' strategy?

And, successful? Not successful? Should be attempted again? Same sort of lockdowns in two years time to eradicate the common cold, for example? Love to hear your thoughts.

Covid-19 IS a family member of the common cold...literally a coronavirus...the people that keep brainwashing others into thinking it is something else, some different disease that should be treated differently are wrong...yes it has a higher death rate...doesn't change the fundamental nature of what it is.

A navel orange is a sweeter orange than a valencia...still an orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back