Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

You ok with an olympics trip overseas trumping people seeing dying relatives from interstate.

that is not ok. Your morals are not ok.

I'm OK with her going to the Olympics. Its probably not the holiday you suggest.
Its not one or the other. Its not actually related.
Did you think she didn't permit potential virus spreaders into hospital on a whim?
Whether its the right thing or the wrong thing, its not related to her going to Japan. It didn't trump anything.

My morals may be questionable, but so is your logic.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No doubt the whole press conference was a set up to give her an out to go.

Coates isn’t an elected leader who gets to tell Australians what they should do during a pandemic.

and there is zero reasons why she has to be there. She won’t be a leader in 10 years time when they are actually organising the opening ceremony for Brisbane. And even if she was there is Paris and Los Angeles to go to.

she needs to show leadership and at the very least live by the same restrictions she imposes on everyone else.

she can’t even do that.
It is typical of pollies and the corrupt IOC. Could use VIDCON like most people in the world these days but even a pandemic cant stop their wasteful junkets.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm OK with her going to the Olympics. Its probably not the holiday you suggest.
Its not one or the other. Its not actually related.
Did you think she didn't permit potential virus spreaders into hospital on a whim?
Whether its the right thing or the wrong thing, its not related to her going to Japan. It didn't trump anything.

My morals may be questionable, but so is your logic.
It’s completely relatable. And how is a person from a border region that hasnt seen the virus in 100 days a risk whereas her going to a city with 6000 new cases a day not a enormous risk.

plus people forget she is the one that makes these rules. She is the one that demands border caps be halved. Only a month before her trip.

there are now a 1000 people who would be here that now aren’t cos of her lobbying. Sorry make that 1001.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
No thats not true at all.
Yes it is completely true. Why exactly do you think caps exist?

it’s not cos of a shortage of flights or hotels.

so why?

the queensland premier has said exactly why. It’s to do with the virus risk they bring. That’s why she advocated halving the cap. Australia didn’t suddenly run out of half its hotel rooms. Australia didn’t lose an airline. The covid contagion risk rose due to delta.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Is it just me but does it look like nsw are now trying to live with Covid but just not talk about it.

The case numbers are going up and they aren’t ramping up restrictions. Still talking about lowering restrictions. What exactly do they think is going to happen?

Gladys is hoping big daddy Scotty brings the Pfizer to the party?

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nope. People are confused by the new system.

7 countries wanted them. But they no longer take them all to the bidding stage to Minimise corruption.
Knowing the IOC, it was more likely meant to double the corruption and junkets. Have to bribe your way through the shortlisting phase as well as the final now.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Made my predictions. Let's see how I go.

I guess yours or my predictions don't matter.

I do think the UK should stop counting 'cases'. With the level of immunity from either vaccines or recovery it's inevitable that many people will be testing positive but not getting sick. It becomes meaningless.

They should also stop 'pinging' people using the NHS app. For two weeks in a row more than half a million people have been pinged and told to self isolate. It has led to staff shortages resulting in supermarkets and pubs forced to close and reports of food shortages in some areas. Factories have been forced to shut early, train services have been delayed or cancelled and bank branches have closed their doors due to a lack of staff. I saw an estimate that 90 to 95 per cent of his workers pinged by the app do not go on to test positive for Covid.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Made my predictions. Let's see how I go.

Another relevant story from the UK yesterday.
At least one in three Covid deaths in England occurred in care homes, data has revealed, as it emerged that more than 40 people died in one home alone.​
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has published figures detailing the number of death notifications it received from individual homes during the pandemic.​
The figures showed that there were 39,017 deaths in England from April 10 last year to March 31 this year.​
Around 113,000 people in England are estimated to have died from Covid since the start of the crisis, meaning the total number of deaths in care homes is likely to be far higher – at least one third of all virus deaths – as the CQC data only covers a one-year period.​
The data reveal that some care homes lost around 75 per cent of residents to the virus and more than 150 suffered at least 20 Covid deaths.​

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Another relevant story from the UK yesterday.
At least one in three Covid deaths in England occurred in care homes, data has revealed, as it emerged that more than 40 people died in one home alone.​
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has published figures detailing the number of death notifications it received from individual homes during the pandemic.​
The figures showed that there were 39,017 deaths in England from April 10 last year to March 31 this year.​
Around 113,000 people in England are estimated to have died from Covid since the start of the crisis, meaning the total number of deaths in care homes is likely to be far higher – at least one third of all virus deaths – as the CQC data only covers a one-year period.​
The data reveal that some care homes lost around 75 per cent of residents to the virus and more than 150 suffered at least 20 Covid deaths.​

I've made my predictions. Let's see how I go.

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
I posted this in the main board but thought I'd ask here. The UK seems to make news in Australia more than over here. I've seen things like the Calgary Stampede and Milwaukee Bucks celebrations and I'm just wondering what restrictions we have in North America that they don't?

We do have some capacity limitations still for a few weeks. Is it mainly border restrictions and their freedom to travel? I guess it's hard to pinpoint because Provinces/States operate somewhat independently.

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
UK has supermarket shortages. The Ping demic. 650k have been told to isolate the last week alone. Manymore will be in limbo thinking they may have contact but not sure.

app is either not working or working too well

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
What rubbish. For starters. Queensland didn’t have to get the olympics. not that this would impact it in any way. They aren’t going to vote against the bid because a leader is making her pitch via teams during a pandemic. No one had a problem with Morrison doing that.

when a leader prevents family from attending dying relatives cos they are on the wrong side of a state border let alone international border she can not justify an olympics trip as being ok.

When a leader advocates for cutting internal arrival caps to the bare minimum to leave thousands of Australians stranded she can not then take one of those places for an olympics bid.

seeing dying relatvies is more important then seeing the opening ceremony.

the health and mental well being of thousands of Australians have been destroyed by this leaders demand to close borders.

at the very least she must lead with her actions and suffer the same fate as everyone else.

Instead she choose to be the country’s greatest ever hypocrite. Going to city In a state of emergency. Taking a place from a stranded australian.

it’s a f*** disgrace and the fact you are ok with it makes you complicit.

nothing against qld premier of olympians but when caps have been cut, there will an an influx of olympians returning filling up the cap AND MOTE IMPORTANTLY the quarantine bill will be picked up by the taxpayer via the IOC.

so

caps are crap

hotel quarantine for low risk arrivals is crap

having the arrivals pay for the ‘service’ is also crap as we see politicians and olympians have their bill paid (as well as being instead of not in addition to the current caps)

summarising

Crap

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Yes it is completely true. Why exactly do you think caps exist?

it’s not cos of a shortage of flights or hotels.

so why?

the queensland premier has said exactly why. It’s to do with the virus risk they bring. That’s why she advocated halving the cap. Australia didn’t suddenly run out of half its hotel rooms. Australia didn’t lose an airline. The covid contagion risk rose due to delta.

‘many people hve left hotel quarantine infected because they GOT IT IN HQ. It’s a false economy

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
UK has supermarket shortages. The Ping demic. 650k have been told to isolate the last week alone. Manymore will be in limbo thinking they may have contact but not sure.

This guy was quoted in an article I read about this - I’m pretty sure he is a movie villain of some sort.

4E8512CE-840D-489F-BA6C-3CAC4E39563D.jpeg

Last edited:

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.

I havent been pinged thankfully.

Cant say I've seen any shortages in my local ASDA but guessing it's more north.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I posted this in the main board but thought I'd ask here. The UK seems to make news in Australia more than over here. I've seen things like the Calgary Stampede and Milwaukee Bucks celebrations and I'm just wondering what restrictions we have in North America that they don't?

We do have some capacity limitations still for a few weeks. Is it mainly border restrictions and their freedom to travel? I guess it's hard to pinpoint because Provinces/States operate somewhat independently.
I only watch news once every day or two and I haven't seen anything on the UK. It may be there, but it's not prominent. No one in daily life discusses the UK. Could just be part of the BF echo chamber. It's not really a "thing" here TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back