Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

Under 40's are offered the other types, similar advice to ATAGI
I know 3 people in london all under 40 and they alll have had AstraZeneca. the others are recommended but they are taking what they can get.

and Atagis advice until very recently after receiving lots of pressure from the pm was only over 60s got AstraZeneca.

The anti vaxxer crowd are hoping for a revolution. I can‘t see how this will occur given that the army and the government are lock step on this one. And the protesters are armed with sticks and stones.
didn't you know? we are able kill at long distance by doing nothing at all. it's like a superpower. no cough needed.

120,000 eliminated, and they still spent more time in lockdown than we did here in WA.
sounds terrifying but their age standardised mortality rate for 2020 was on par with rates from the mid 2000s (1,043/100k for 2020 vs 1,091/100k for 2007 and 2008). 11.6% excess mortality compared to 2015-19 is pretty big but did you even notice when in 2016 WA had 10.4% excess compared to 2011-15?

Crazy how UK deaths can go down from 86 to 24 to 14 and back up to 131 across 4 days.

Case numbers are falling, so are test numbers. Pleasingly the percentage of tests that are positive is falling too.

Vaccine hesitancy is low in the UK given their situation over there. It's amazing what an out break can do, NSW vaccine hesitancy has dropped from 33% to 14.5% since May. We need to use the UK for PR particularly to get AZ into people.

70+ and 50+ numbers are looking ok. I wish we could ship unvaxxed Boomers to the desert if we get to the point that we can't reopen because the health system will be overwhelmed by them. Although if they do start dropping like flies, it will put some much needed supply into the housing market.

Quite frankly I'm surprised as well. The only thing I can think of that would cause it is the vaccines are quite effective at slowing transmission down (better than hoped) and the ratio of 65 or so percent of adults fully vaccinated, and 5 percent having already caught the disease, we're at a good mix of shutting down virus transmission.

The usual lag in deaths should be starting to bite in around about now, but they've remained low.

The hospitalisation numbers are worrying, but manageable. ICU rates are remaining low. With the health care system not being overwhelmed, and with advances in treatment providing better outcomes, it's looking quite positive (early days though).

Im hopeful my doomsday predictions dont come to pass. Our main risk at this stage is the evolution of a vaccine resistant strain (God help us if that happens).
How much ivermectin are they prescribing?

Quite frankly I'm surprised as well. The only thing I can think of that would cause it is the vaccines are quite effective at slowing transmission down (better than hoped) and the ratio of 65 or so percent of adults fully vaccinated, and 5 percent having already caught the disease, we're at a good mix of shutting down virus transmission.

The usual lag in deaths should be starting to bite in around about now, but they've remained low.

The hospitalisation numbers are worrying, but manageable. ICU rates are remaining low. With the health care system not being overwhelmed, and with advances in treatment providing better outcomes, it's looking quite positive (early days though).

Im hopeful my doomsday predictions dont come to pass. Our main risk at this stage is the evolution of a vaccine resistant strain (God help us if that happens).
They've still got 25 -30 million people unvaccinated, in a country smaller than Victoria. There's got to be more to it than just vaccines.

Crazy how UK deaths can go down from 86 to 24 to 14 and back up to 131 across 4 days.

Case numbers are falling, so are test numbers. Pleasingly the percentage of tests that are positive is falling too.

Vaccine hesitancy is low in the UK given their situation over there. It's amazing what an out break can do, NSW vaccine hesitancy has dropped from 33% to 14.5% since May. We need to use the UK for PR particularly to get AZ into people.

70+ and 50+ numbers are looking ok. I wish we could ship unvaxxed Boomers to the desert if we get to the point that we can't reopen because the health system will be overwhelmed by them. Although if they do start dropping like flies, it will put some much needed supply into the housing market.

sounds crazy, but you can’t do 3-12 weeks dual vaccine overnight when an outbreak occurs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would also go with a Medicare Levy Surcharge for the unvaccinated - anyone not fully vaccinated by 30 June 2021 pays an extra 2% tax and further 1% for each unvaccinated dependant.

Parent with 3 teenage children, get vaccinated or pay an extra 5% in tax to help fund our ICU surge capacity.
You'd have to have a Medicare surcharge for overweight people as well if you're going down that road.

the most pernicious issue with the pandemic was how rife it was with a lack of information, disinformation and misinformation. The often conflicting and inconclusive statements from our institutions: CDC, WHO, POTUS, FDA disappointed many. Wear a mask. Don’t wear a mask. Clean surfaces regularly. Surfaces don’t pass COVID-19. Ingest bleach. Don’t ingest bleach. Don’t take this vaccine because it causes clots. Actually, that’s not true, take it.

As all of this conflicting information was put into the world on the same level playing field, average people were left to scratch their heads in confusion, paralyzed with fear or invent their own conspiracy theories to explain it to themselves.

In fact, all of this mis/disinformation had a very sinister result. Instead of making the issue simpler to understand, we started a dangerous new trend of making science about interpretation vs facts.Every day of the pandemic, we saw various ways of interpreting data, facts, cohorts and theories to maximize clicks and confusion and minimize rational decision making. Even worse, we stopped iterating, we stopped changing our minds through data and instead we allowed bad decisions to fester because saving face became more important than good decisions. This is a dangerous trend which will undoubtedly spill into many other organizations we rely on unless we do something.

Thought I would share this video by Dr Michael Yeadon (ex Vice president of Pfizer) who is basically saying Covid Vaccine are a death wish and should not be considered. I dont whether he is a flawed genius or a man with an ex to grind. After 20 minutes it gets less relevant.

A Final Warning To Humanity From Former Pfizer Chief Scientist Michael Yeadon – Dr. Charlie Ward (drcharlieward.com)

interesting, he states that his views are not based on knowledge, but rather his "special" intuitive interpretation of data, or....the vibe.

Others have their doubts.

he really waffles on with his analogies with legal dna analysis.

Say there were 1 in 100 false results, ridiculous, but it wouldn't change the statistics fundamentally. It would let your successfully deal with 99 out of 100 people who might have covid.The error in the infection rate would be minor. Very different to what they are looking for in DNA in a murder case.

Thought I would share this video by Dr Michael Yeadon (ex Vice president of Pfizer) who is basically saying Covid Vaccine are a death wish and should not be considered. I dont whether he is a flawed genius or a man with an ex to grind. After 20 minutes it gets less relevant.

A Final Warning To Humanity From Former Pfizer Chief Scientist Michael Yeadon – Dr. Charlie Ward (drcharlieward.com)
Yeadon did work for Pfizer. He was vice president and chief scientific officer for Pfizer’s United Kingdom-based allergy and respiratory unit until that unit shut down in 2011.

And just to be clear, the division had nothing to do with vaccines or infectious diseases. It was focused on developing drugs to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.*

Very promising. Great news.

Get vaccinated.
I am.

If vaccinations remain slow, and the issue become demand rather than supply, do the freedom rallies become the domain of the vaccinated rather than the antivax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back