Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

Medical and nursing students (post own vaccination) supervised by nurse (but can be one nurse to multiple students)

Nursing students might be happy to do it if they actually got paid.

When they do placements they often need to give up their casual work so they can work a placement full time without pay. ( often including paying for accommodation).

Nursing students might be happy to do it if they actually got paid.

When they do placements they often need to give up their casual work so they can work a placement full time without pay. ( often including paying for accommodation).
Definitely would want to pay them. Not the amounts that are currently being paid but similar to grad nurses

Medical and nursing students (post own vaccination) supervised by nurse (but can be one nurse to multiple students)
You obviously know infinitely more about hospital logistics than me.
But I just spent 7 weeks in the general wards at the Austin and Royal Talbot, and without exception the nurses on the 2 day shifts (not the graveyard shift) were each supervising a student.
The nurses were generally stretched to the limit in the number of patients/rooms/wards they were responsible for, and relied heavily on the students doing a lot of the routine work - very often unsupervised - (taking obs, answering call buttons, toileting, showering, etc, etc).
If the students were removed from this process, as far as I can see, it would simply mean more nurses would be needed on the wards to provide the same level of patient care.
It seems to me that your suggestion might be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

But I just spent 7 weeks in the general wards at the Austin and Royal Talbot, and without exception the nurses on the 2 day shifts (not the graveyard shift) were each supervising a student.
The nurses were generally stretched to the limit in the number of patients/rooms/wards they were responsible for, and relied heavily on the students doing a lot of the routine work - very often unsupervised - (taking obs, answering call buttons, toileting, showering, etc, etc).
If the students were removed from this process, as far as I can see, it would simply mean more nurses would be needed on the wards to provide the same level of patient care.
true, except currently (AFAIK) during the pandemic the students have been sent off the wards - ie not allowed to be there - all lessons happening remotely.
so in a sense you have mentioned another reason why nurses feel more stretched right now - but have heard that the students in general want to feel more useful than their current role

true, except currently (AFAIK) during the pandemic the students have been sent off the wards - ie not allowed to be there - all lessons happening remotely.
so in a sense you have mentioned another reason why nurses feel more stretched right now - but have heard that the students in general want to feel more useful than their current role
Well they were definitely there during my 7 weeks, a good part of which was during full lockdown, but this may have changed during the later Delta lockdown.

So when FDA says this, what are your thoughts then?

In 2015 William C. Campbell and Satosh Omura shared the Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine for their work in developing ivermectins that have had a dramatic effect in treating devastating diseases like River blindness and Lymphatic filariasis (Elephantiasis). I read that 3.7 billion doses have been administered over forty years, with only extremely rare serious side effects reported.

So its very safe and not a 'horse drug'. Yet the FDA puts a photo of a horse on its Ivermectin warning page. Why would they do that?

Why are we seeing, in recent days, multiple fake stories about Ivermectin being created and repeated across global media channels?

Do you really think the people responsible for these stories have our best interests at heart?

7 weeks in hospital is not a small thing. I hope you are ok.

In 2015 William C. Campbell and Satosh Omura shared the Nobel Laureate in Physiology or Medicine for their work in developing ivermectins that have had a dramatic effect in treating devastating diseases like River blindness and Lymphatic filariasis (Elephantiasis). I read that 3.7 billion doses have been administered over forty years, with only extremely rare serious side effects reported.

So its very safe and not a 'horse drug'. Yet the FDA puts a photo of a horse on its Ivermectin warning page. Why would they do that?

Why are we seeing, in recent days, multiple fake stories about Ivermectin being created and repeated across global media channels?

Do you really think the people responsible for these stories have our best interests at heart?

You did not read my post, the link states, Ivercetmin APPROVED for human use should not be used for treating Covid.

So where are all the tinfoil hatters getting 'ivercetmin' can be used for treating covid info from? there is no conclusive evidence, at all. You pretend to be critical when it suits you but now you are convinced without conclusive evidence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the other LGAs still need to get vaccinated as well.
the GPs and pharmacists are vaccinating (the ones who have signed up) - you can't compel GP and pharmacists to be involved AFAIK

conniptions? i'm forking delivering the frontline health care, I don't do policy, I don't have the money bucket or the vaccine bucket.
Respekt to you for being a frontline worker. You must be over the pandemic more so than I am.

Instead of blaming politicians for past mistakes with Covid, I’m just spitballing what can be done in the present and future. If there are small select regions with the highest case numbers and lowest vax rates, surely resources need to be prioritised to those areas.

Instead of blaming politicians for past mistakes with Covid, I’m just spitballing what can be done in the present and future. If there are small select regions with the highest case numbers and lowest vax rates, surely resources need to be prioritised to those areas.
Last week there was a pollie in the eastern suburbs with barely any cases going on social media and saying there was several thousand appts available whilst in the west with numerous infections people struggling to get any either Astra or Pfizer.

Straight from the horses mouth.

Excellent article about the take aways of this pandemic, and the sheer inability of the world to deal with a crisis such as this in any collaborative way, except to protect the funneling of money to the wealthy.

Our failure here should be a great cause for concern that other global crises, such as climate change and environmental degradation, war and poverty, can be adequately addressed by the current global order.

The failure to develop a global vaccination program is not just dismaying. It ought also to be profoundly puzzling: It defies the self-interests of the richest countries in the world. Booster shots aside, the greater the volume of infection, the greater the risk of variants even more dangerous than Delta.

And the greater the economic damage, too. In July, the I.M.F. estimated that an investment of $50 billion in a comprehensive campaign for vaccination and other virus control efforts would generate some $9 trillion in additional global output by 2025 — a ratio of 180 to 1. What investment could hope to yield a higher rate of return? And yet none of the members of the Group of 20 have stepped up, not Europe, not the United States, not even China. Billions of people will be forced to wait until 2023 to receive even their first shot.

Most people aren't in this position, but if you are:

i have colleagues who have had friends cut them off. real life friends but plays out online. i assume it all starts similarly - gentle sharing of reams of internet pages that are cast to anyone who will listen. before, the last story i was told, being implored to watch a tik-tok video that could save this person's life by informing of the pitfalls of vaccination. colleague then said she was already vaccinated, to which she was wiped from her once-friends existence (electronically and i assume real life followed). now that we're more confronted with our potential mortality, be that covid or vaccine and its effects if you believe that, it's little wonder it comes to a boiling point.

the world is a confusing and scary place for most people right now, so i can forgive people approaching the pandemic from their own angles. i don't have the energy to convince anyone of anything. i'm going to ask my mother if she intends to get vaccinated, last it came up in conversation she had no intention. that's about it, she's making her choice. as a 70 y.o. diabetic (well controlled mind you) it would quite likely kill her. she doesn't bring up conspiracies though my older sister who has been in her ear, is all across lots of what floats around.

i'm curious about the potential conversations that might come about in these sorts of situations. well she's passed away from covid, but at least she wasn't vaccinated.

the other fascinating part is the way cords get cut. it seems conspiracy theorists are happy to make hard and fast chop-outs of friends. someone looking to distance themselves from a conspiracy theorist might do the same but use a bit more ghosting.

Last edited:
You did not read my post, the link states, Ivercetmin APPROVED for human use should not be used for treating Covid.

So where are all the tinfoil hatters getting 'ivercetmin' can be used for treating covid info from? there is no conclusive evidence, at all. You pretend to be critical when it suits you but now you are convinced without conclusive evidence?

There are numerous medical journal publications by experts in the field that show efficacy of Ivermectin as a prophylactic, reduction of time to clinical recovery, and significant reductions in mortality associated with Ivermectin use.

So when FDA says this, what are your thoughts then?

As I said, its proven very safe and not a 'horse drug'. Yet the FDA puts a photo of a horse on its Ivermectin warning page. Why would they do that?

There are numerous medical journal publications by experts in the field that show efficacy of Ivermectin as a prophylactic, reduction of time to clinical recovery, and significant reductions in mortality associated with Ivermectin use.

Sorry research citied by members of FLCCC is pretty much useless, it's far from proven.

Cause it's not been proven. FDA clearly lists this.

• Currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19. Clinical trials assessing ivermectin tablets for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 in people are ongoing.

and

Concluding, research related to ivermectin in COVID-19 has serious methodological limitations resulting in very low certainty of the evidence, and continues to grow.37–39 The use of ivermectin, among others repurposed drugs for prophylaxis or treatment for COVID-19, should be done based on trustable evidence, without conflicts of interest, with proven safety and efficacy in patient-consented, ethically approved, randomised clinical trials.

and here's more:

On July 28, 2021, the authors of a more painstaking meta-analysis of ivermectin COVID-19 treatment studies, published by the Cochrane Library, concluded:

Based on the current very low‐ to low-certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID‐19. The completed studies are small and few are considered high quality. Several studies are underway that may produce clearer answers in review updates. Overall, the reliable evidence available does not support the use of ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID‐19 outside of well‐designed randomized trials.

FLCCC have a significant conflict of interest. Check your sources before you post. Just because it's a 'scientific paper' , it doesn't carry any weight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back