Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

same pub or different place?

i just rang them and the bartender who answered agreed it was poor form and was going to tell a manager about it

Same pub, have been there since the QR check-in started and we could / had to order via the phone website thingy they use, I have a text about my order receipt so presumably they got it through one of those means. Either way, s**t form.

The Law is that workplaces are responsible for retaining the details of visitors and people on site.
The Vic gov system doesn't facilitate this law.

If someone comes to the door , and uses the vic gov app, the business has no way of knowing if they have successfully scanned their details or not.

The gov really need to employ people who understand systems better.
I understand privacy laws, but employers could at least have a summary that states " 2 people scanned in at 1:13 pm "

From memory didn't Andrews' say the other day that businesses either need to use the Service VIC system or have their system link in to the Government one.

Contact tracing with numerous different systems would be a nightmare, why they haven't done this earlier I don't know. Make every business spend the 5 minutes to setup - print - post up the Service VIC one, then they have all contact tracing data in one place. Simples.

From memory didn't Andrews' say the other day that businesses either need to use the Service VIC system or have their system link in to the Government one.

Contact tracing with numerous different systems would be a nightmare, why they haven't done this earlier I don't know. Make every business spend the 5 minutes to setup - print - post up the Service VIC one, then they have all contact tracing data in one place. Simples.

its a common issue because of commercial apps that have been on sale for years (and adapted to this)

remember reading in one shopping area of sydney stores had 6 different apps running at the same time

for me, ive probably found its about 40-60 using the vic govt app to the private ones at the places ive gone. it really does depend upon where you go however

its a common issue because of commercial apps that have been on sale for years (and adapted to this)

remember reading in one shopping area of sydney stores had 6 different apps running at the same time

for me, ive probably found its about 40-60 using the vic govt app to the private ones at the places ive gone. it really does depend upon where you go however

The amount of time they took to release a government one was quite poor, businesses had no choice but to go their own way about it. So that was a failure at the outset, now they really should be pushing businesses to be using a single platform given the consequences on contact tracing not being as easy as possible is pretty much those exact same businesses being forced to close if there's another lockdown because they don't trust / can't keep up with the contact tracing.

The amount of time they took to release a government one was quite poor, businesses had no choice but to go their own way about it. So that was a failure at the outset, now they really should be pushing businesses to be using a single platform given the consequences on contact tracing not being as easy as possible is pretty much those exact same businesses being forced to close if there's another lockdown because they don't trust / can't keep up with the contact tracing.

this isnt a vic issue, its national

also two things to note

- the vic app is highly accessible to the health dept, and some people dont want govt accessing their customer details unless absolutely necessary

- stores are using their apps for menus, ordering, client datamining. frankly they dont want customers using anything but their app

FWIW i love to mandate one national app, but it has massive privacy concerns

this isnt a vic issue, its national

also two things to note

- the vic app is highly accessible to the health dept, and some people dont want govt accessing their customer details unless absolutely necessary

- stores are using their apps for menus, ordering, client datamining. frankly they dont want customers using anything but their app

FWIW i love to mandate one national app, but it has massive privacy concerns

Oh no doubt the Federal Government has been appalling on many fronts, the COVIDSafe app was a total failure, then they've just palmed everything off on to the States themselves and done nothing since. There should have been a single, national, check-in platform going way back, as it would simplify cross-border tracing efforts for a start.

The QR check-in requirement should most definitely not be used as an opportunity or platform for businesses to harvest customer data for marketing, if they want to have a check-in and an online ordering system, then they should be separate.

There's obviously privacy concerns when it comes to capturing and storing any of the check-in data, but relying on a myriad of private platforms produces a poor outcome on pretty much every measure; it's harder to contact trace across multiple systems, no more secure, and as we've seen, venues are using it as an opportunity to build marketing databases.

You don't have to use any app.
But they gave concessions for the hospitality industry to have more people seated IF they used the government app. ( i assume that 3rd party systems have to link with the government database ).

As mentioned. Unless you are watching your customers like hawks a business owner has no way of knowing if the customer has scanned in, yet the government clearly puts the obligation on the business.
All great until something goes wrong.

I'm sure we've all seen the cafe's by now, who simply stick the QR code on the table, and don't even mention it, let alone check.

I know that some more professional outfits use the QR code ( so they can legally get more guests seated ) along with a written list, ( so they can prove that they were doing the right thing, if anything should go wrong ).

This vic government are very good at saying one thing and publishing another.

So one week in of an already delayed campaign and we only achieved half of the vaccinations that the government set out to achieve. Thats 50 percent underperformance.
How is this not the main news story today? The government need a rocket up their arse on this and the media is not giving it to them.

I for one am shocked that the government has failed to meet the target deadline on a project. Never before has this happened.

So one week in of an already delayed campaign and we only achieved half of the vaccinations that the government set out to achieve. Thats 50 percent underperformance.
How is this not the main news story today? The government need a rocket up their arse on this and the media is not giving it to them.
To be honest you need to give some time for things to get up a head of steam.

Why they over-promised should be the story. The answer is most likely to get favourable coverage, after which they can blame other people for delays.

Pressure does need to remain on the federal government because lets face it, they've been MIA since about April, when we should have our response mostly centralised by now to avoid such frequent border closures, but its unfair to judge after just one week of the program. Phase 1a is very much a test run for the rollout. Iron out issues like where the doses in Melbourne had to be discarded due to improper storage.

The rollout is going to start out slow and ramp up. It will definitely speed up once we start rolling out AZ as that is the one that GPs can administer.
In the ideal scenario where we reach the target, we will look behind schedule pretty much the whole time and catch up at the end.
And the target is not a deadline, if we don't reach the target there's no consequence, it just takes a bit longer.

Bottom line is, most of our immunity is acquired. I've got no issue with someone coming to work, sport, social event with a cold.

Interesting point you make. This has started to be picked up on. Flu has virtually disappeared this year meaning immunity is weakened and tweaking the vaccine for the new prevalent strain will be far higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think that much more proof is required to state that the WHO is politically compromised.

The WHO treating China with kid gloves from the outset was pretty obvious. I doubt they'd have been against international border closures if ground zero was Italy or Iran.

The WHO treating China with kid gloves from the outset was pretty obvious. I doubt they'd have been against international border closures if ground zero was Italy or Iran.

I don't know what they may or may not do, but I do be;lieve that they are a politically compromised body who should be basically ignored from now on.

But without the open borders, China couldn't have quelled the 2019/20 Hong Kong protests via Covid 19*

*This is a joke, not meant to be taken seriously in any way.

BBC News - Covid: Japan asks China to stop anal tests on its citizens

USA protested one of its officials getting it too

To be fair, it's the same test all Chinese get now, supposed to be more accurate. Lots of jokes at the time about it (the diagrams showing how to do your own swab were a crack :p)

What evidence is that based on?
From the article...

“The WHO’s recommendation is based on evidence from six randomised controlled trials with more than 6000 participants with or without known exposure to a person with COVID-19.”

That's a third hand report not evidence.
It’s from a large randomised trials. You have previously quoted non- randomised trials to back your arguments so bit of a strange response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back