Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Update on if I test positive. I would be able to stay for 3-5 hours but then have to leave. I should add also, that there are no visitors allowed at all, either way. Which has apparently been a relief for women the past year or so... not having to deal with family and friends visiting while recouperating.
Do they make you leave the same day, like they do here?

Where in the US - I understand the States have run the response as here in Aus.

The nurses will do as they always do & those at the sharp end are walking. Its the only choice available when disgusted by the selfishness of patients.
Staff have families at home that are put at risk by selfish people, go figure....
I don't understand this. Who is being selfish? The unvaccinated are putting the vaccinated at risk? I would have thought it was the opposite if anything. Unvaccinated aren't permitted to partake in 'normal' society, whereas the vaccinated are far more likely to mingle in bars, restaurants, cinemas, sports events, parties ect.

The unvaccinated put no-one at risk but themselves.

I don't understand this. Who is being unselfish? The unvaccinated are putting the vaccinated at risk? I would have thought it was the opposite if anything. Unvaccinated aren't permitted to partake in 'normal' society, whereas the vaccinated are far more likely to mingle in vars, restaurants, cinemas, sports vents, parties ect.

The unvaccinated put no-one at risk but themselves.

Ok, going by this logic, aren't they keeping the unvaxxed safe then? By keeping them out of vars, restaurants etc.

Ok, going by this logic, aren't they keeping the unvaxxed safe then? By keeping them out of vars, restaurants etc.
You could believe that, if you also believed it's as dangerous as you've been told. Which you do, but I certainly don't.

But back to the idea that it's the unvaccinated who are selfish, why would you care if you're vaccinated... how does it affect you, the vaccinated. Apparently you're all good and protected with 4 boosters a year. What's your worry, why so much angst, hate and vitriol against those who put you at no danger at all?

You could believe that, if you also believed it's as dangerous as you've been told. Which you do, but I certainly don't.

But back to the idea that it's the unvaccinated who are selfish, why would you care if you're vaccinated... how does it affect you, the vaccinated. Apparently you're all good and protected with 4 boosters a year. What's your worry, why so much angst, hate and vitriol against those who put you at no danger at all?

A lot of it probably relates to the lies and misinformation constantly spread by some antivaxxers. The fake children deaths in particular are disgusting things to spread, for example.

That's not directed at you specifically btw. I'm talking the antivaxx movement in general, especially the influencers pushing it, and grifting off it.

A lot of it probably relates to the lies and misinformation constantly spread by antivaxxers. The fake children deaths in particular are disgusting things to spread, for example.

That's not directed at you specifically btw. I'm talking the antivaxx movement in general, especially the influencers pushing it.
And the opposite side can say the same.

Really landing on those proforma anti-vaxxer talking points now.

if you also believed it's as dangerous as you've been told. Which you do, but I certainly don't
18 million dead. Totes not dangerous.

Whole families going down with it here, my friend's kid was in hospital. They're monitoring for long term effects.

Clamping your hands over your ears doesn't change how dangerous it can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18 million dead. Totes not dangerous.

Whole families going down with it here, my friend's kid was in hospital. They're monitoring for long term effects.

Clamping your hands over your ears doesn't change how dangerous it can be.
Yeah, they say plenty of things. Not really the same though.

Really landing on those proforma anti-vaxxer talking points now.
There's no real point arguing about it, as obviously we see things differently.

There's no real point arguing about it, as obviously we see things differently.
Yes: You will be on your death bed claiming Covid isn't dangerous.

Gaslighting now?
Whatever chief. Im not going to continue with this. As I said, we both have our minds made up on where we stand and there's no changing either. Plus if we continue we all know what happens to people who don't follow Bigfooty's official narrative opinion.

The problem is Dicey that the balance of all available evidence shows that you're wrong.

Odds are that you won't see that in your personal life. But with vaccination, the odds of that are higher.

Fake news being run by antivaxxers about the death of a child, Lachlan Leary who allegedly died from a heart attack at Westmead after vaccination. Lucky, the boy doesn't actually exist. It's made up - see https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...jab-rollout-for-children-continues--c-5422212

Pretty awful behaviour but not surprising how stupid antivaxxers are.

I think they should have named the boy Tim in the story, then the could have run with this, very, very old song

You can read the original post here https://archive.is/g9ywd, it;s been taken down from Facebook.

Last edited:
Probably put us in handcuffs and ship us off to some sort of camp.

No I’m joking. We are at the hospital now.. well she’s inside for final check up.

When it comes time to check in we will both be tested for Covid. If negative we’ re admitted to the normal maternity part, she’s trying for a natural birth so we have a room to ourselves. If positive we are more cordoned off to a specific area within the maternity ward. Either way I’m able to stay with her for however long it takes.. be it 3 or 5 days or more.

Under both scenarios I’m able to follow the baby every step of the way, presuming there are no serious complications.

If negative I’m also able to come and go as I please, but each day must have a test if I leave and return.

If positive I’m not sure about coming and going. I may just have to stay put.
That's pretty good you can be in there.

A friend of mine, his dad has dementia and various other health issues. He's been in hospital a few weeks and is only allowed one 1 hour visit from his wife each day. His kids and friends can't see him. There's now seeming a pretty high chance he'll never leave the hospital, pretty shitty way to spend your last weeks.
The lucky country. 🙄

Whatever chief. Im not going to continue with this. As I said, we both have our minds made up on where we stand and there's no changing either. Plus if we continue we all know what happens to people who don't follow Bigfooty's official narrative opinion.
Fact is the vaxxed are making it safer for the unvaxxed as with vaccinations for all diseases/viruses. Your baby/children are protected from whooping cough, polio etc because most of us (possibly including yourself) have decided to vax our children. ie the vaxxed protect the children of the unvaxxed. It’s no different with covid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back