Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

NicNat2TimKelly

Senior List
Oct 17, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
NicNat2TimKelly I take it you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that SARS-Cov-2 is some sort of genetically engineered virus that escaped from a lab?

I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theories. Just view my post as ironical, much like your 'Custom Title' (Chugging Adrenochrome) and 'Location' (Gates' Payroll).

NicNat2TimKelly

Senior List
Oct 17, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't blame anyone for viewing you as a bit of a kook.

Coming from someone with zombie lover, fantasy football, Beancoin and Dr Who badges, forgive me if your opinion (for the moment) doesn't ooze any gravitas. Willing to discuss where you think the virus originated from and why if you want to get back on track though.

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
Coming from someone with zombie lover, fantasy football, Beancoin and Dr Who badges, forgive me if your opinion (for the moment) doesn't ooze any gravitas.
All you need to know is I hold the fate of the world in my hands.

Willing to discuss where you think the virus originated from and why if you want to get back on track though.
It's been done. Have a read back through the threads or hope someone else will have that dead end conversation with you.

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
This is misinformation.
Very interesting stats coming out of the UK.
You are approx twice as likely to either catch covid or end up in hospital from covid if you are triple vaccinated as opposed to being single,double or unvaccinated.
And shockingly 3 times more likely to die if you're triple vaccinated.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You are approx twice as likely to either catch covid or end up in hospital from covid if you are triple vaccinated as opposed to being single,double or unvaccinated.
Yawn this is probably misunderstood statistics again post the link please

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
Yawn this is probably misunderstood statistics again post the link please
Don't have time right now to find the link but it was something like these stats:
Approx 32 million have had 3 doses
And approx 31 million either 0,1 or 2 doses.
So about a 50/50 split (or near enough)
Cases are twice as many in the triple dosed bracket as all the other 3 combined. Same with hospitalisation, and for deaths, 3 times more dying in the triple dosed than the 0,1 or 2 combined.
Can't refute those stats.
Yawn.

CM86

Anindilyakwa
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
There is no excuse for this kind of deliberate dissemination of disinformation.
At the top of every single page of this thread, is the explanation that destroys your argument.

SaintsSeptember

TheBrownDog
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Don't have time right now to find the link but it was something like these stats:
Cases are twice as many in the triple dosed bracket as all the other 3 combined. Same with hospitalisation, and for deaths, 3 times more dying in the triple dosed than the 0,1 or 2 combined.
Yawn.

I agree , it seems to be very time consuming to find anything of the sort by googling. But maybe google is a shill, i might need to use duckduck.

Meanwhile i find plenty of things like this.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yawn.
So no link then
cool

here is link from UK government re vaccination effectiveness, last updated 13/4/2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was expecting that table which on first glance shows higher numbers of hospitalised vaccinated cf unvaccinated but was not corrected for population prevalence of vaccination/ non vaccination. I'm not sure they are releasing that on a weekly basis anymore (based on quick google searching)

Deliverance

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yawn.
Cmon mate. Faux outrage over covid deaths is so last year.

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
This is why people in the media should keep their fat yaps shut if they have no real knowledge of sensitive topics:

Lloyd has since walked back his comments, but that hasn't stopped them appearing in at least one global list of "athlete cardiac arrests [and] serious issues", popular among vaccine sceptics and debunked by FactCheck.org for including people who had, for example, suffered from medical issues that had nothing to do with vaccines.

CheckMate has in the past tackled similarly unfounded claims that heart conditions were increasing among athletes, finding they were not supported by data out of projects in the US and Australia that specifically tracked these issues, nor by FIFA's Sudden Death Registry.

Heart problems such as arrhythmia and sudden cardiac arrest are already relatively more common among athletes, and there have been several examples of AFL footballers collapsing on field or suffering symptoms well before the advent of COVID-19.

Last edited:

SaintsSeptember

TheBrownDog
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
This is why people in the media should keep their fat yaps shut if they have no real knowledge of sensitive topics:

Lloyd has since walked back his comments, but that hasn't stopped them appearing in at least one global list of "athlete cardiac arrests [and] serious issues", popular among vaccine sceptics and debunked by FactCheck.org for including people who had, for example, suffered from medical issues that had nothing to do with vaccines.

CheckMate has in the past tackled similarly unfounded claims that heart conditions were increasing among athletes, finding they were not supported by data out of projects in the US and Australia that specifically tracked these issues, nor by FIFA's Sudden Death Registry.

Heart problems such as arrhythmia and sudden cardiac arrest are already relatively more common among athletes, and there have been several examples of AFL footballers collapsing on field or suffering symptoms well before the advent of COVID-19.
That was my thoughts when Lloyd said it.
The place i work for had flu shots the other day, they now give you a form that asks if you have had Guillain-Barré ( not Bells ) syndrome as the result of an injection. I asked the nurse what happened if you had ( because i knew someone who had that reaction to a flu shot ). She said they don't recommend getting the flu shot in that case. Previous GB sydrome as a result of virus, no issue.

Evolved1

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2013
The lockdown state
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Phil Ivey

Imagine taking medical advice from C9 boofheads.

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
And that’s sort of the point, some onus has to be put on the listener as well of course
That's fine if it's about which car to buy.

These guys fed the anti-vaccination machine. Their retractions won't be shared via the same channels.

If anyone in the media isn't aware of how they should be discussing issues around vaccination by now their bosses should take them off the air.

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
That's fine if it's about which car to buy.

These guys fed the anti-vaccination machine. Their retractions won't be shared via the same channels.

If anyone in the media isn't aware of how they should be discussing issues around vaccination by now their bosses should take them off the air.

Eh, I made my point re this when Rogan was copping it, no real desire to go back over it, I don't think we'll agree on this one.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Eh, I made my point re this when Rogan was copping it, no real desire to go back over it, I don't think we'll agree on this one.

People with large platforms have a responsibility to use those platforms appropriately.

If you're going to spend your time spruiking false information to your enormous audience, whether you're an authority on the topic or not, you're responsible for the consequences of misusing that platform.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad