Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Bizarre interpretation.

As long as positive cases are made to isolate (as they should), this payment is warranted. The outcry about removing it forced his hand. Not much more to it than that.

Problem is a lot of people abuse this payment.

Especially now if we are saying you can get reinfected after 4 weeks.
How is it abused? Is there concern about people reporting a “positive rat” every 4 weeks? (Inverted commas because there was no test taken) is there evidence this is occurring?

We are going back into lockdowns for sure now.

Why would this be restored if the powers that be don’t intend to lock us up.

Enjoy this week of footy fans and who knows when we will be allowed back to games.
Doubt it, they aren't even reinstating the easy and sensible requirement for all foreigners to be vaccinated and have a negative test before arrival in Australia.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

and for those who are still thinking lab leak, another article against it

not that you are likely to listen anyway because beliefs > facts amirite?

and for those who are still thinking lab leak, another article against it

not that you are likely to listen anyway because beliefs > facts amirite?
Its an interesting read. I will be honest, I don't care what the source was, I just hope its identified, and then hopefully one day we see someone see punishment for completely ******* the planet with this virus.

Its funny because when the outbreak occurred all the media I was watching were very "market" theory and I just assumed that was the way. One quote in the article is something I hadn't seen mentioned.

By contrast, the Wuhan Institute of Virology is more than 30 kilometres from the midpoint of the early cases, making it unlikely to be the origin.

Its an interesting read. I will be honest, I don't care what the source was, I just hope its identified, and then hopefully one day we see someone see punishment for completely ******* the planet with this virus.

Its funny because when the outbreak occurred all the media I was watching were very "market" theory and I just assumed that was the way. One quote in the article is something I hadn't seen mentioned.
The earlier reporting always said “close by” but not that detail of 30 km

But who could conceivably be to blame?
There are many people/organisations who contributed to the disaster (eg. Scummos bad decisions) but the root cause and ultimate blame lies with the Chinese government who

1)Ignored warnings about the risk posed by their markets
2) Arrested and/or murdered the brave Chinese doctors who tried to warn everyone what was happening
3) Obstructed and lied to the WHO (and continue to do so having destroyed key data).
4) Bullied Nations into delaying border restrictions allowing the further spread.

It will never happen but in a just world, Xi would be on trial for crimes against humanity (for many reasons) and the CCP would be paying reparations (perhaps cancel all debt owed by developing nations to CCP related organisations rather than paying reparations to other rich nations).

There are many people/organisations who contributed to the disaster (eg. Scummos bad decisions) but the root cause and ultimate blame lies with the Chinese government who

2) Arrested and/or murdered the brave Chinese doctors who tried to warn everyone what was happening
3) Obstructed and lied to the WHO (and continue to do so having destroyed key data).
4) Bullied Nations into delaying border restrictions allowing the further spread.

It will never happen but in a just world, Xi would be on trial for crimes against humanity (for many reasons) and the CCP would be paying reparations (perhaps cancel all debt owed by developing nations to CCP related organisations rather than paying reparations to other rich nations).

Won’t happen, but at least it exposed them for who they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says who? And it's pretty easy to judge the strategies in hindsight of course.
There are reports available now that analyse the outcomes. I’m at a bar in Darwin enjoying some beer and heat so won’t go searching now, but if you can’t find I’ll have a look later.

They did have many restrictions and mitigations in place.

Yer, main differences were around masks, kids schooling, work restrictions. Also the population just took their own protective measures anyways.
Interesting that as an employer we are already looking at the change in the next gen as a result of covid restrictions. Won’t know the long lasting impact of covid for many years yet.

Is this still an ongoing major problem, or has it mostly gone away now?

I saw a video of Sutton apologising for his role in the whole thing which I found surprising.

Is this still an ongoing major problem, or has it mostly gone away now?

I saw a video of Sutton apologising for his role in the whole thing which I found surprising.
still about 20 patients in my hospital
but its more the culture change of not turning up to work with minor sniffles/ sore throats as well as the compulsory (still) 7 days off even though you may be feeling better which has led to reduced staff availability.

still about 20 patients in my hospital
but its more the culture change of not turning up to work with minor sniffles/ sore throats as well as the compulsory (still) 7 days off even though you may be feeling better which has led to reduced staff availability.

Don't forget the whole vaccinations thingy, that helped.

Fauci clears up the context of a quote from a couple of decades ago about influenza vaccination, which has been used by anti-vaxxers to smear Fauci:

TLDR: he was replying to a phone in question from someone who had an adverse reaction to the influenza vaccine, but had been infected with influenza.

Fauci clears up the context of a quote from a couple of decades ago about influenza vaccination, which has been used by anti-vaxxers to smear Fauci:

TLDR: he was replying to a phone in question from someone who had an adverse reaction to the influenza vaccine, but had been infected with influenza.

I'm sure all the freethinkers will declare this as Rand Paul DESTROYING Fauci.

What a moron Paul is.

What he said was technically correct, the amount of antibodies that are thrown up by the immune system in response to infection with a disease are always larger than the amount thrown up by vaccination.

It’s just the inconvenient little factor of the disease itself being liable to make you really sick or disabled or dead before the antibodies it throws up can fight off that particular infection getting in the way……

Point 1 is valid. Point 2 has some validity. But in terms of the other points, China responded more quickly and effectively than any other country would have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back