Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
You referred to it as insipid.

Despite it being the worst acute pandemic since the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic.
I read the insipid statement as possible future infection/ variant, not to describe delta. Not yet able to say re omicron yet either.

I read the insipid statement as possible future infection/ variant, not to describe delta. Not yet able to say re omicron yet either.

if there is a genuine emergency, then let the politicians provide proof. All I’m saying is they shouldn’t simply be allowed to add variations of vaccines to a list which sees people get dismissed from work if they don’t get them.

the flu can be deadly some seasons. It’s vaccines have never been mandated

So far all we know
Surely if the new variant was actually killing people it would be known
no matter how insipid the disease is
no matter how insipid the threat

I mean. You've very heavily implied that you consider it is mild. Despite now saying "all we know".

and I guess you forgot AIDS

Nope. There's a reason the word 'acute' is in there.

acute pandemic

Paul Kelly (not the musician, not the footballer, the CMO) raised the point that there are some factors in South African demographics that might mean it is more damaging over there than it ends up being here.

if there is a genuine emergency, then let the politicians provide proof. All I’m saying is they shouldn’t simply be allowed to add variations of vaccines to a list which sees people get dismissed from work if they don’t get them.
This is the quintessential slippery slope fallacy.

The current vaccines are being mandated because it has been deemed medically necessary for the protection of the public health.

But what if their is some hypothetical future vaccine for some hypothetical disease / variant that it isn't medically necessary to mandate? It hasn't happened yet, no has suggested that it will happen and the is no logical connection between the former case and latter case.

This is the quintessential slippery slope fallacy.

The current vaccines are being mandated because it has been deemed medically necessary for the protection of the public health.

But what if their is some hypothetical future vaccine for some hypothetical disease / variant that it isn't medically necessary to mandate? It hasn't happened yet, no has suggested that it will happen and the is no logical connection between the former case and latter case.

we will see won’t we?

I’d be happily wrong on this

and I guess you forgot AIDS

AIDS has a 40 year head start and is significantly less contagious (although has a significantly higher untreated mortality rate). We’ve plainly seen far greater deaths with Covid in 2021 than we were seeing with AIDS in 1983, and for every fair criticism of Trump and Boris in response to the pandemic, they out of necessity treated it far more seriously than Reagan or Thatcher did theirs.

But even now, 40 years on from AIDS, I get my recommended blood test every 3-6 months. I’m prescribed medication I take daily to keep me immune from it. And yes, undoubtedly that daily tablet is great for the pharmaceutical companies who hold the patent for it, certainly compared to a one and done vaccine. But in the end, I as an individual at risk everyman can’t control the funding into HIV preventative research, but I can take steps to protect myself and those around me by working with what I’ve got available to me.

Only 24% of South Africa's population is fully vaxxed, so there's still no evidence that this strain is any more severe than Delta.

There are emerging clinical observations in Soweto that its more serious in unvaccinated 20 and 30 somethings (who are presenting with both this variant AND with serious or critical illness.

Vaccinated people seem to only get mild cases.

Needs more data to confirm though.

I've noticed with interest that the vac rate in NSW has slowed once it got to 90% double dosed. Only 1300 today.

I've noticed with interest that the vac rate in NSW has slowed once it got to 90% double dosed. Only 1300 today.

Was always going to be the case.

80 percent or so were always going to get jabbed.

Of the remaining 20 percent, only around half that number are hard core antivaxxers (no-hopers). The sorts of people who think it's not really happening, is no worse than the flu, or the Jews are behind it, or vaccines kill you or sunlight and horse wormers are good enough to protect you. The real crazies.

The other half of that 20 percent are the vaxx hesitant skirting around the fringes of those nutters, stretching it out as long as possible, and also the lazy bastards. These are the people who the mandates are aimed at to kick them up the ass and get them jabbed.

We were always going to race to 80 odd, slow down as we approach 90 odd percent, and stop not long after reaching that point.

Once the vaccination rate slows to a trickle, I say we give it one more month or so of restrictions to get jabbed, and then give the antivaxxers exactly what they've been demanding, and remove all restrictions.

We then let in the most virulent and deadly strain of COVID that we can, and let Darwinism work its magic.

Was always going to be the case.

80 percent or so were always going to get jabbed.

Of the remaining 20 percent, only around half that number are hard core antivaxxers (no-hopers). The sorts of people who think it's not really happening, is no worse than the flu, or the Jews are behind it, or vaccines kill you or sunlight and horse wormers are good enough to protect you. The real crazies.

The other half of that 20 percent are the vaxx hesitant skirting around the fringes of those nutters, stretching it out as long as possible, and also the lazy bastards. These are the people who the mandates are aimed at to kick them up the ass and get them jabbed.

We were always going to race to 80 odd, slow down as we approach 90 odd percent, and stop not long after reaching that point.

Once the vaccination rate slows to a trickle, I say we give it one more month or so of restrictions to get jabbed, and then give the antivaxxers exactly what they've been demanding, and remove all restrictions.

We then let in the most virulent and deadly strain of COVID that we can, and let Darwinism work its magic.
Spot on!!

Appears to be same host in both videos you quoted (one fearing vaccination escape then backtracking with very early South African data. Goes on to say it now shifts risk benefit toward vaccination- has this guy been prominent in vaccination hesitancy/ side effects (or does he just bring information from all sides)

The presenter only analyses the data that is coming through. As the data file grows he has more information to reach a determination.

At this stage it's too soon to tell what the profile of this variant will do but early indications is that the virus strain poses little risk to the double vaxxed.

The presenter only analyses the data that is coming through. As the data file grows he has more information to reach a determination.

At this stage it's too soon to tell what the profile of this variant will do but early indications is that the virus strain poses little risk to the double vaxxed.

Hard to tell with certainly as there are so few double vaxxed in Africa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tell with certainly as there are so few double vaxxed in Africa.
The estimation is 23% of the population is double vaxxed in South Africa. So you're right, we know for sure until we see the effects on high vaxxed population. But reports do indicate that the patients that are affected but are vaxed have very mild to no symptoms.

idiotic reasons why people are anti vaxers:

they test vaccines on animals. Well no sh*t. They also test vaccines on humans and kids Too. This is a good thing. We cant have vaccines or any medicine released to the public without being tested first.

idiotic reasons why people are anti vaxers:

they test vaccines on animals. Well no sh*t. They also test vaccines on humans and kids Too. This is a good thing. We cant have vaccines or any medicine released to the public without being tested first.

Nothing like clinging to your principles to death, only to renege at the last minute and die anyway.

There are emerging clinical observations in Soweto that its more serious in unvaccinated 20 and 30 somethings (who are presenting with both this variant AND with serious or critical illness.

Vaccinated people seem to only get mild cases.

Needs more data to confirm though.
20 - 30 yo with serious and critical illnesses are at risk currently if they're unvaccinated.

I wonder how much of this larger reaction (when compared to the south American variants) is the location closeness to Europe

Omicron is causing perfectly healthy unvaccinated 20-30 somethings to come down with critical COVID.

They were not sick before they caught it.

Pure fear mongering

From reading about Omicrom it appears it is quite a mild form of Covid. Highly transmissible but less deadly.

If it does turn out to be a mild and less lethal strain we should be wanting it to spread and become the dominant strain.

Pure fear mongering

From reading about Omicrom it appears it is quite a mild form of Covid. Highly transmissible but less deadly.

Before calling a statement of fact 'pure fear mongering' do your own bloody research.

It's mild in people who are vaccinated.

In the unvaccinated, early clinical observations (this is from Rudo Mathivha, head of the intensive care unit at Soweto’s Baragwanath Hospital, the third largest hospital in the world) are noting this:

“We’re seeing a marked change in the demographic profile of patients with COVID-19,” Rudo Mathivha, head of the intensive care unit at Soweto’s Baragwanath Hospital, told an online press briefing.

Young people, in their 20s to just over their late 30s, are coming in with moderate to severe disease, some needing intensive care. About 65% are not vaccinated and most of the rest are only half-vaccinated,” said Mathivha. “I’m worried that as the numbers go up, the public health care facilities will become overwhelmed.”

South African scientists brace for wave propelled by omicron - ABC News (go.com)

Early clinical observations are it's mild in the vaccinated, but a heck of a lot worse in the unvaccinated.

Last edited:
Quick warning.

There is another thread for conspiracy stuff or pretty much anything from OAN or similar networks questioning the vaccines. This thread aint it. If you notice posts being deleted, take it as a hint that you should be posting that stuff over there, where it can be debunked in the company of the antivaxx loons.

Last edited:
Before calling a statement of fact 'pure fear mongering' do your own bloody research.

It's mild in people who are vaccinated.

In the unvaccinated, early clinical observations (this is from Rudo Mathivha, head of the intensive care unit at Soweto’s Baragwanath Hospital, the third largest hospital in the world) are noting this:

South African scientists brace for wave propelled by omicron - ABC News (go.com)

Early clinical observations are it's mild in the vaccinated, but a heck of a lot worse in the unvaccinated.

Then why are you so concerned?

Isn't the dream to have the virus be mild to vaccinated people but kills the unvaccinated 'loons'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back