Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

SJ17

All Australian
Dec 17, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I do, the number of people still on the anti-vaxx bandwagon is very limited, and they're often not nearly as educated as they like to think they are, so discussions with them are very brief and uninformative.

Keep pretending like they're presenting some kind of equally valid position though.
Don't misrepresent me, my posts have been general in nature. Why have you even been mentioning anti vaxxers in our exchange?

GhostofJimJess

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
The hope is that many will have had omicron before school goes back
That'd be a the ideal outcome. But even at 100,000 new cases/day for the next two weeks, as well as all those who've already been through a dose, that would still be less than a quarter of Victorians having graduated from the college of omicron. School buses, public transport, kids sport etc will only exacerbate the problem. I suspect it's going to get pretty messy. I really hope I'm wrong though - it'd be great to keep schools functioning as best as possible.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't misrepresent me, my posts have been general in nature. Why have you even been mentioning anti vaxxers in our exchange?

You replied to a post not directed at you, about anti-vaxx types and their efforts to piggyback on genuine social causes to try to gain some credibility for their arguments.

If you’re trying to make some overarching point about not stereotyping people, then as I said, after two years of a certain group of people regularly trying to leverage off genuine issues in society that they previously didn’t care about, and don’t care about now they’re not a potential vehicle for their moronic arguments, they deserve to be stereotyped.

If you’re feeling like you identify with that group, I can’t change that.

SJ17

All Australian
Dec 17, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
You replied to a post not directed at you, about anti-vaxx types and their efforts to piggyback on genuine social causes to try to gain some credibility for their arguments.

If you’re trying to make some overarching point about not stereotyping people, then as I said, after two years of a certain group of people regularly trying to leverage off genuine issues in society that they previously didn’t care about, and don’t care about now they’re not a potential vehicle for their moronic arguments, they deserve to be stereotyped.

If you’re feeling like you identify with that group, I can’t change that.
I see I've wasted my time.

Rotayjay

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Today in my letterbox I got a bullshit misinformation pamphlet from 'Children's Health Defense [sic] Australia Chapter'. It's aimed at parents, trying to persuade them not to vaccinate their children.

It stoops to the low of quoting statistics of one in eight vaccinated pregnant women having miscarriages. Tragically, miscarriages are very common in pregnancy anyway - the vaccine of course has nothing to do with it.

I was furious, scrunched it up and threw it across the room.

SaintsSeptember

Hall of Famer
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Today in my letterbox I got a bullshit misinformation pamphlet from 'Children's Health Defense [sic] Australia Chapter'. It's aimed at parents, trying to persuade them not to vaccinate their children.

It stoops to the low of quoting statistics of one in eight vaccinated pregnant women having miscarriages. Tragically, miscarriages are very common in pregnancy anyway - the vaccine of course has nothing to do with it.

Don't you love organizations who like to have all your personal details, yet you can't find a name or address or contact details.
Unless you want to go trying to contact some relative of a long dead president in another country.

Conversely. The Australian government can be contacted.

Meanwhile, miscarriages are really low in non-pregnant non vaccinated people.....something for morons to think about there.

Rotayjay

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide

Don't you love organizations who like to have all your personal details, yet you can't find a name or address or contact details.
Unless you want to go trying to contact some relative of a long dead president in another country.

Conversely. The Australian government can be contacted.

Meanwhile, miscarriages are really low in non-pregnant non vaccinated people.....something for morons to think about there.
They are idiots, preying on naive people to further their anti-vax goal. It's a disgrace.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Huh. Thought miscarriage rate naturally 15-30%. So vaccination protective.
These people are psychotic idiots.

Edit overcooked my numbers
Will change to 15-30%

mattf83

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
NSW recorded lowest PCR positivity percentage since Jan 3. I am still calling a possibility this has already peaked in NSW. Vic numbers also looking promising.

Pile on.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
NSW recorded lowest PCR positivity percentage since Jan 3. I am still calling a possibility this has already peaked in NSW. Vic numbers also looking promising.

Pile on.
NSW - possibly a little soon only that there was a similar dip from 11 to 12 jan (36 to 25%) then 13 Jan it bounced back to 35%
although the number of tests also a confounder (more tests done on 12th and 14th Jan compared to the higher percentage days on 11 and 13)
NSW ICU and hospitalisation still seem to be growing (from covid live data)

VIC - positivity rate flat for last 4 days, have seen local covid test station shut in Craigieburn (probably because my hospital needed the nurses back tbh) but whether other places have shut testing as well idk. Hospitalisation growth in vic may be slowing its rate of rise, ICU remains flat (though unclear/ unknown if theres patients who should be needing ICU care but cant get it due to lack of ICU staff so ward staff struggle with sicker patients on ward). Also I suspect vic may be including hospital in the home programs/ maternity at home programs (because they code like admissions I don't know how the data worm works) - this will artificially increase vic hospitalisations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mattf83

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
NSW - possibly a little soon only that there was a similar dip from 11 to 12 jan (36 to 25%) then 13 Jan it bounced back to 35%
although the number of tests also a confounder (more tests done on 12th and 14th Jan compared to the higher percentage days on 11 and 13)
NSW ICU and hospitalisation still seem to be growing (from covid live data)

VIC - positivity rate flat for last 4 days, have seen local covid test station shut in Craigieburn (probably because my hospital needed the nurses back tbh) but whether other places have shut testing as well idk. Hospitalisation growth in vic may be slowing its rate of rise, ICU remains flat (though unclear/ unknown if theres patients who should be needing ICU care but cant get it due to lack of ICU staff so ward staff struggle with sicker patients on ward). Also I suspect vic may be including hospital in the home programs/ maternity at home programs (because they code like admissions I don't know how the data worm works) - this will artificially increase vic hospitalisations.
Nice post

Hospitalisations are a lagging indicator though, so wouldn’t expect that to trend down for another week. I don’t have a data source that records daily increase in hospitalisations (although small effort to work out), will have a look.

Not out of the woods, and perhaps I am a glass half full guy, but hopefully the encouraging signs are indicative of some relief for the healthcare system and the legends that work in it.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nice post

Hospitalisations are a lagging indicator though, so wouldn’t expect that to trend down for another week. I don’t have a data source that records daily increase in hospitalisations (although small effort to work out), will have a look.

Not out of the woods, and perhaps I am a glass half full guy, but hopefully the encouraging signs are indicative of some relief for the healthcare system and the legends that work in it.

Daily Cases Admitted to Hospital - COVID Live

it shows the trend by running eye across the numbers (i have been using this site for most data I draw except for the data I provide from my hospital)

mattf83

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I do, the number of people still on the anti-vaxx bandwagon is very limited, and they're often not nearly as educated as they like to think they are, so discussions with them are very brief and uninformative.

Keep pretending like they're presenting some kind of equally valid position though.
There are plenty of vaxxed people that think the antivaxxers aren’t the only cohort who have found Covid advantageous and care less about the vulnerable they purport to want to protect.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There are plenty of vaxxed people that think the antivaxxers aren’t the only cohort who have found Covid advantageous and care less about the vulnerable they purport to want to protect.

on another note, while vic positive test rate is down today the nsw one is back up again to 32%. Possibly a plateau but it is hard to tell with testing numbers by PCR dropping off

The Dice Man

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
You can start now if you like you anti-vax twerp.
Why so aggressive and what's with the name calling? It makes you look a little unhinged.

Furthermore I don't consider myself ant-vax, nor a twerp. And regarding the BigFooty user terms

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is:

• dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • likely to offend,
  • spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity,
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others

I find your post both abusive, and likely to offend. Consider yourself reported.

Oh and you should've put a comma after 'like' in your post.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad