Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
What do you guys make of this?

So theres all these army people, all these forced vaccinations, people being taken away, and there is zero footage? Absolutely no one happens to have a mobile phone or camera when this massive operation occurs?

Meanwhile...
Traditional Owners in Binjari and Rockhole expressed their disappointment in the allegations.
“People are very hurt by the untrue comments being made in the media and social media about their situation,” they said in a statement to NITV News, provided via the Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service.

Tons of counter info out there. But you have one youtube video thats completely unverifiable.

So unless actual photos or videos come out, I make nothing of it.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So theres all these army people, all these forced vaccinations, people being taken away, and there is zero footage? Absolutely no one happens to have a mobile phone or camera when this massive operation occurs?

You make a valid point. Time will tell if the footage emerges.

If it doesn't, then I will be happy to say that whoever is spreading these claims may have been making it up.

Unlike a lot of folks around here, I'm happy to look at different angles and wait to see how things pan out before making up my mind.

Thanks for the link. I wonder why they didn't name the elders they claimed to be quoting.

And if the footage does emerge? How would you feel about forced removal to 'quarantine camps'?

If it doesn't, then I will be happy to say that whoever is spreading these claims may have been making it up.

Unlike a lot of folks around here, I'm happy to look at different angles and wait to see how things pan out before making up my mind.

Thanks for the link. I wonder why they didn't name the elders they claimed to be quoting.

And if the footage does emerge? How would you feel about forced removal to 'quarantine camps'?
Overseas travellers go into HQ or Howard Springs for 14 days or until they test negative. Queensland places overseas travellers in HQ that test positive, into hospital.

In NT the Aboriginal people are very mobile between communities and to stop infected individuals from spreading the disease like wildfire some may need to be isolated for the good of the entire indigenous population.

I can understand that many may be bewildered because they haven’t grasped the seriousness of the threat to their very lives plus they are suspicious of the vaccination (fed by misinformation). Rumours become exaggerated and resistance increases, so it’s a vicious cycle.

Gunner (unfortunate name) has a job on his hands. Indigenous leaders need to step up.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

Meanwhile...

Tons of counter info out there. But you have one youtube video thats completely unverifiable.

You realise that it is on the public record that the NT government is using the Australian army to forcibly remove people from Indigenous communities, put them on trucks and transport them to camps?

No one is being held down and injected but there is a denial of informed consent on vaccination when whole communities are locked in their homes, not even to get essentials, or taken away on trucks by the army.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong

If footage emerges I would be absolutely outraged, no one should be forcefully removed from their homes unless they are a danger to others.
You realise that it is on the public record that the NT government is using the Australian army to forcibly remove people from Indigenous communities, put them on trucks and transport them to camps?

No one is being held down and injected but there is a denial of informed consent on vaccination when whole communities are locked in their homes, not even to get essentials, or taken away on trucks by the army.

Ahh yes a heavily edited video taken out of context from an anti-vaxxer, my favourite type of reliable resource...

Why did she leave out the part where Michael Gunner had this is his released presser?

An expanded Rapid Assessment Team was deployed to Binjari and Rockhole last night to help with the hard lockdown, begin the contact tracing work, and provide as much support as possible to residents.
This includes providing food and other essential items to residents.
But why would they be providing FOOD and other essential items to RESIDENTS for them to stay HOME to quarantine if they were herding them up and taking them to a camp?
Seems odd doesn't it? And strange how it fits in the mantra of voluntary admission to those camps, which is the overwhelming info coming out of residents of the NT.

Maybe, just maybe, try not getting your information from someone in England who probably can't point out Australia on a map.

1637826951236.png

She seems unbiased and rational :tearsofjoy:

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
If footage emerges I would be absolutely outraged, no one should be forcefully removed from their homes unless they are a danger to others.

Didn't you see the Chief Minister of NT saying people can't leave their homes, and that positive cases and close contacts would be taken on trucks by the army to camps?

But why would they be providing FOOD and other essential items to RESIDENTS for them to stay HOME to quarantine if they were herding them up and taking them to a camp?
Seems odd doesn't it? And strange how it fits in the mantra of voluntary admission to those camps, which is the overwhelming info coming out of residents of the NT.

There's no voluntary admission to the camps. Anyone who tests positive and their close contacts are rounded up and put on a truck.

The rest of the community is prohibited from leaving their homes for food or other essentials - so are reliant on government supplies to survive.

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
How far would you go to minimise their deaths? Cart them off in army trucks to camps? Lock them up in their homes? Remove their consent for vaccines by making life impossible if they didn't get vaccinated?

If they were otherwise going to die, i'd see most of the short term actions you listed as preferable.

Over the past few days false claims have been circulating online that Aboriginal people from Binjari and Rockhole were being forcibly removed from their homes and taken to enforced quarantine in Howard Springs, and people including children were being forcibly vaccinated.

None of these claims are true, according to the Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance Northern Territory (AMSANT), the local Aboriginal health services and community leaders.

Jeez, who to believe? The people from the communities or the perennially unemployed on the internet forums?

Didn't you see the Chief Minister of NT saying people can't leave their homes, and that positive cases and close contacts would be taken on trucks by the army to camps?

There's no voluntary admission to the camps. Anyone who tests positive and their close contacts are rounded up and put on a truck.

The rest of the community is prohibited from leaving their homes for food or other essentials - so are reliant on government supplies to survive.
In Queensland people in HQ who test positive are rounded up - I mean, they are transferred to hospital. Not sure they use trucks, even cattle trucks.

Community cases are permitted to quarantine at home but are checked up on daily to make sure they stay home. Now, do you think the indigenous folk who’ve tested positive can be relied on to stay home and isolated? Call me racist if you must, but I think a culture that is so community- and family-focused would find those restrictions impossible.

No doubt it’s traumatic but they would be treated well, receive everything they need, and importantly, their community is less at risk.

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
In Queensland people in HQ who test positive are rounded up - I mean, they are transferred to hospital. Not sure they use trucks, even cattle trucks.

Community cases are permitted to quarantine at home but are checked up on daily to make sure they stay home. Now, do you think the indigenous folk who’ve tested positive can be relied on to stay home and isolated? Call me racist if you must, but I think a culture that is so community- and family-focused would find those restrictions impossible.

No doubt it’s traumatic but they would be treated well, receive everything they need, and importantly, their community is less at risk.

Surely they aren't forcing them to go to Hospitals in Ambulances when they get really sick.

Surely they aren't forcing them to go to Hospitals in Ambulances when they get really sick.
In Queensland? When people get really sick, hospital is where they need to be. Positive HQ cases go, sick or not, to preserve the health status of the hotels.

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fairfax address Clive Palmers antivax claims - Australia COVID: Where Cliive Palmers vaccine claims fall apart (theage.com.au) All are declared false, but I think they should be called lies.

The man has no medical expertise yet seems to know more about treatment and vaccines for covid than the doctors. Remember the 30 million doses of worm killer he bought and spruiked? Now it's antivax lies. Will he ever stop?

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

In Queensland it's not just those in HQ. It's anyone who tests positive.

Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 must travel directly to a designated COVID-19 hospital to isolate in a COVID-19 ward.​

There's a few things to unpack there.

By 'diagnosed with COVID-19' they mean tested positive for the Sars-Cov-2 virus. This is a falsehood. The tests are unreliable. And a significant proportion of people do not go on to get COVID-19, especially children.

The rule is compulsory. Failure to comply can lead to a $13,785 fine or 6 months imprisonment.

Despite vaccination levels being 85% single dose, 75% double, Queensland is still operating on a zero Covid model. It can't last. Confining all who test positive in hospital is not only unnecessary from a health point of view but also unsustainable for hospital resourcing. Other states have moved to home quarantine even as cases rise.

The Northern Territory has gone one step further than Queensland. They are not just putting people who have tested positive into government confinement. They are putting "close contacts" of people who have tested positive into government camps. Anyone not compliant can face a $5,000 fine.

Yes, the army is taking people away on trucks. It's a direct quote from Michael Gunner.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
In Queensland it's not just those in HQ. It's anyone who tests positive.

Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 must travel directly to a designated COVID-19 hospital to isolate in a COVID-19 ward.​

There's a few things to unpack there.

By 'diagnosed with COVID-19' they mean tested positive for the Sars-Cov-2 virus. This is a falsehood. The tests are unreliable. And a significant proportion of people do not go on to get COVID-19, especially children.

The rule is compulsory. Failure to comply can lead to a $13,785 fine or 6 months imprisonment.

Despite vaccination levels being 85% single dose, 75% double, Queensland is still operating on a zero Covid model. It can't last. Confining all who test positive in hospital is not only unnecessary from a health point of view but also unsustainable for hospital resourcing. Other states have moved to home quarantine even as cases rise.

The Northern Territory has gone one step further than Queensland. They are not just putting people who have tested positive into government confinement. They are putting "close contacts" of people who have tested positive into government camps. Anyone not compliant can face a $5,000 fine.

Yes, the army is taking people away on trucks. It's a direct quote from Michael Gunner.

Funny you completely missed this one;

‘Tinfoil hat wearing tossers’: NT chief minister and Aboriginal elders hit back at Covid ‘false information’ | Northern Territory | The Guardian

Actually I think he is right about QLD admitting most if not all COVID cases currently - because numbers are small they can do it.
I think (happy to be corrected) that when they had the multiple school outbreak they isolated some positives at home, might have been different because usually kids have adults accompanying them to hospital, and that would mean the adult would still be exposed to infection anyway. Thats speculative as to the reason on my part.

Back