Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
In the one article you read.

Why ignore Dr.Coetzee who has observed it as being mild in both.

You are determined to live in the extreme world of fear.

Good luck to you. I choose to do the opposite until data says otherwise.

If something might be dangerous.....
You can be pessimistic , optimistic or try to use your brain.

That tiger might be tame....i'ma gonna go cuddle it.
That tiger might be a man eater. I'm going to run away.
That tiger might be tame or a man eater, i will remain cautious until i know.

Now go cuddle a tiger.

Yes, a marked shift in the demographics of admissions would definitely not be an indicator that it's the mutated variant.

Funny how people choose to believe only those who fit their pre-existing ideological position.

It's usually a shift in symptoms, not a shift in demographics

Trying to work out what you are trying to argue. Is 0 deaths a bad thing?

Doesn't this show that 40 states records no deaths? I would this is a positive

It shows there have been 61,000 COVID deaths in Florida so far. Population 21 million.

By contrast Australia has had 2,000 deaths so far. Population 25 million.

'Positive'?

It shows there have been 61,000 COVID deaths in Florida so far. Population 21 million.

By contrast Australia has had 2,000 deaths so far. Population 25 million.

'Positive'?

Why are we contrasting Florida with Australia? Totally irrelavant.

Then why are you so concerned?

Isn't the dream to have the virus be mild to vaccinated people but kills the unvaccinated 'loons'
Unfortunately the unvaccinated loons often have children who are not (yet) loons, but are victims of the misconceptions/wilful ignorance of their parents.

So to be a realist you have to be pessimistic? How sad.
I pay a lot for insurance, but I'm inherently not a pessimist. It's about hoping for the best, but covering your arse for the worst.

Population density of Australia 9 per square mile.
Population density of Florida 405 per square mile.

It makes a difference.

That stat is incredibly misleading given the vast majority of Australia is uninhabited, or barely habited.

Which is a worry. Some aren't living. They are being maimed or killed by it. The UK has one of the worst records, and is partially responsible for the spread of the Delta variant.

According to reports I’ve read, the UK government did nothing to mitigate Covid infections in schools. No work was done on school environments to make it harder for Covid to be transmitted.

Thankfully your wife is recovering and we're all glad for you in that regard.

Are you talking about infections or deaths? I know you are trying to link the two which is totally wrong.

OMG the UK let schoolchildren die

The UK is probably in the best position out of any country atm.

High rates of Covid but minimal deaths.
Points to high rates of herd immunity and vaccine uptake.
A daily case/death rate that mirrors the flu which is fairly non existent.

Australia has had the biggest lockdown in the world and are just entering their second wave. Most are on their 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the one article you read.

Why ignore Dr.Coetzee who has observed it as being mild in both.

You are determined to live in the extreme world of fear.

Good luck to you. I choose to do the opposite until data says otherwise.
Dr Coetzee didn't make any specific comments re vaccination status one way or another. I do not know what her local vaccination rate is in Praetoria (and whether it is much higher than that in Soweto)

The UK is probably in the best position out of any country atm.

High rates of Covid but minimal deaths.
Points to high rates of herd immunity and vaccine uptake.
A daily case/death rate that mirrors the flu which is fairly non existent.

Australia has higher vaccination rates than the UK, especially in Victoria and NSW where it's > 90%.

We had less than half the cases per 1m population over the last week compared to the UK.

We had less than 1/4 of the deaths per 1m population over the last week compared to the UK.

In Victoria I wear a mask to go to the supermarket, and clothes shopping. I have to QR check-in when I enter a venue. That's the sole restriction on my life right now.

So.... how is the UK in the best position here?

Oh, and we didn't have to kill 140,000 people to get there.

Apologies, but he tone of the above posts skew more towards fearing the worst. I was trying to put a positive spin on things and was told I was lacking in empathy and being unrealistic.

TBH pessimism is the vibe I am getting out of Australia.

Here in the UK we haven't had a restriction other than masks on the Tube.

I had Covid run through my daughter's class last week and my wife is still recovering from it. The school didn't close, kids got tested, not pushed into jab centres and life went on. We are living with Covid, not fearing it

a quick look of covid live indicates 30000 cases/ day (sure, you say cases don't mean much is death and hospital - a fair point)
deaths sit between 50 - 200 (mostly, some outliers both below and above those numbers) per day

australia (which is pretty much victoria) about 1200 cases/ day, deaths 5 - 10/ day. Maybe we miss some cases (i saw a pt yesterday who had 4 weeks of symptoms before getting tested 2 days ago, and returned positive) compared to UK doing mass rapid antigen testing, so I think the death rates are comparable.

GhostofJimJess said:
the unvaccinated loons often have children who are not (yet) loons, but are victims of the misconceptions/wilful ignorance of their parents.

I pay a lot for insurance, but I'm inherently not a pessimist. It's about hoping for the best, but covering your arse for the worst.

Im vaccinated but see no reason why my 7 and 11yo daughter's need to be vaccinated.

They just survived living in the ssme house as my wife who is recovering from Covid.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="GhostofJimJess, post: the unvaccinated loons often have children who are not (yet) loons, but are victims of the misconceptions/wilful ignorance of their parents.

[/QUOTE]

Im vaccinated but see no reason why my 7 and 11yo daughter's need to be vaccinated.

They just survived living in the ssme house as my wife who is recovering from Covid.

Dr Coetzee didn't make any specific comments re vaccination status one way or another. I do not know what her local vaccination rate is in Praetoria (and whether it is much higher than that in Soweto)

Yet Malifice
knows exactly that is going on.

well the ICU doctor in Soweto (forget his name) did make specific reference to unvaccinated young males.

Her name.

It could just be co-incidence (and we're only basing it off Clinical observations for the past few weeks) but there has been a correlation of 20-40 year old unvaccinated people in South Africa Omicron hotspots, suddenly coming down with severe or critical COVID and some needing ICU.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back