Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do you trust the daily Covid positive numbers being released in Victoria at the moment?

Given the number I know personally to currently have Covid, around 1,000 per day just can't be right. It would have to be 10 times that amount.
The 2020 research suggested actual cases were typically 6.5 times the recorded cases. This was pre-vaccine, so I'm not sure if that's changed at all.

Come on mate the guy’s a nurse did you know?
He has posted a link and I will look at it

Edit:
definition of what is are infection seems fair (sequential +ve covid tests > 90 days apart via database search
(one unlucky person had 4 separate infections!)
they have peaks of reinfection corresponding to the general waves (beta, delta and then omicron) - has face validity
I think what they are saying is that a higher proportion of omicron infections are reinfections compared to beta and delta - inferreing that this implies increased immune escape.
limitations stated
- civil unrest during study period likely impacting accuracy of findings
- unable to comment on effect of vaccine (note made that SA vaccination rate generally low)

appears to have a typo in supplementary results "For comparison, the national reinfection rate was 120,777; 1.28% (35,670 of 2,796,982 eligible primary infections) " I think the 120,777 isn't meant to be there (it is also the denominator of number of total infections in Limpopo)

Last edited:
Not good news if you have a natural immunity from a previous infection of Covid variant as you are twice as likely to get reinfected with Omicron.

No news on vaccinated immunity but it doesn't look good if Omicron can override natural immunity.

Wouldn't this line up with the 1st dose effectiveness of the vaccine?

I think Europe considers infection as 1 dose for there passports

Getting all antsy about increased testing when obviously they aren’t even sure they can detect omicron adequately
What do you mean?

It'll get better when the PCR test is updated to include primers for Omicron.

IIRC when delta first arrived, they knew it was different cause they didn't get all the results in the PCR (I also assumed this that they're running multiple primers in each sample as confirmation)

Noting the reported cases in my relatively small community I repeat….there’s no way the statewide numbers are around 1k per day.

No way in the world.
Wonder how many are avoiding testing. Covid live has a higher positive test rate which suggests undiscovered positives.

Can someone explain to me why all the American ******s on Reddit are saying Australia has concentration camps and that we are as bad as the CCP?
American bot trolls, grifters to the freedumb base seeking money is my understanding

Can someone explain to me why all the American ******s on Reddit are saying Australia has concentration camps and that we are as bad as the CCP?

Most of their opinions are worthless.
Don't ask them about, Virus, Vaccines, Masks or Australians.
They probably know their s**t when it comes to guns though.

Noting the reported cases in my relatively small community
Do you think you might be living in an outbreak area? Or your community is in more contact with each other so it has spread amongst people you know?

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe the first. Not the second.

That said I just returned from a weekend away with families from west, north, inner north, and semi regional and the story was similar.
Wow.
That's incredible.

Bloody lucky that the families you went away with came from these areas, and had done the same reserach as you.

You should publish your findings! Take it to the media! Get on the local radio.
You're wasting your time just telling us.

This is huge!
It's exactlty the kind of evidence that supports your position that you've grown over the last few months.

Time to blow this conspiracy right out of the water!

I can't wait to see it on Four Corners!

Go the Swans! Honk Honk.

That said I just returned from a weekend away with families from west, north, inner north, and semi regional and the story was similar.
West, north and inner north do have fairly high active numbers. So likely common to know a positive

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Wow.
That's incredible.

Bloody lucky that the families you went away with came from these areas, and had done the same reserach as you.

You should publish your findings! Take it to the media! Get on the local radio.
You're wasting your time just telling us.

This is huge!
It's exactlty the kind of evidence that supports your position that you've grown over the last few months.

Time to blow this conspiracy right out of the water!

I can't wait to see it on Four Corners!

Go the Swans! Honk Honk.
Well it would be nice to have access to the health advice but strangely millions are being spent resisting its publication.

So you’re not in close contact but you go away on weekends with a large number of families?

Back