Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Well it would be nice to have access to the health advice but strangely millions are being spent resisting its publication.
Yep, just like the millions being spent over decades covertly hiding the clear connection between the disappearance of Harold Holt and the first "coincidental" appearance on Australian television of Humphrey B. Bear very shortly afterwards. But thankfully there's good old folks like you and me on the ball to bring these government conspiracies to light.

Not sure what that means.
You and these people in your community go away on weekends together.

You're in close contact.

You're likely to be part of some sort of cluster if you all know people who got Covid.

Get tested.

You and these people in your community go away on weekends together.

You're in close contact.

You're likely to be part of some sort of cluster if you all know people who got Covid.

Get tested.

Im not sure whether you’re trolling?

There are a lot of cases in my local community. 4 primary schools have been closed. There are dozens of other cases amongst adults that I know.

Separate to that, we went on an annual camping weekend with friends. Not from our local community. They reported similar anecdotal situations in their respective LGAs.

Separate to that, we went on an annual camping weekend with friends. Not from our local community. They reported similar anecdotal situations in their respective LGAs.
Fair enough, you mentioned your small community then said you went away with people who were seeing lots of Covid infections. I thought that was your small community.

I watched Channel 7 news today. They reported that the number of Omicron infections in NSW had 'surged' to 25. And that the vaccines were being rolled out to 5 year olds as it was 'important to protect them'. And that there had been a spike in the number of children with Omicron in hospital - but did not say if they were in hospital because of Omicron.

This is crazy stuff. Does anyone still believe this bullshit being peddled by the mainstream media?

I watched Channel 7 news today. They reported that the number of Omicron infections in NSW had 'surged' to 25. And that the vaccines were being rolled out to 5 year olds as it was 'important to protect them'. And that there had been a spike in the number of children with Omicron in hospital - but did not say if they were in hospital because of Omicron.

This is crazy stuff. Does anyone still believe this bullshit being peddled by the mainstream media?

It's not bullshit, so much as facts carefully selected to get attention whilst being ultimately useless.

Odd that children need to be admitted with covid, maybe parents too sick to look after them?

By inserting this particular snippet into itself, Omicron might be making itself look "more human," which would help it evade attack by the human immune system, said Venky Soundararajan of Cambridge, Massachusetts-based data analytics firm nference, who led the study posted on Thursday on the website OSF Preprints.

This could mean the virus transmits more easily, while only causing mild or asymptomatic disease. Scientists do not yet know whether Omicron is more infectious than other variants, whether it causes more severe disease or whether it will overtake Delta as the most prevalent variant. It may take several weeks to get answers to these questions.

Odd that children need to be admitted with covid, maybe parents too sick to look after them?

The phrase 'with COVID' should be removed from the lexicon. It has become shorthand for a person who has had a positive test for Sars-Cov-2. It does not mean they are diseased from the virus, as the 'D' stands for.

Children are extremely unlikely to be hospitalised due to COVID. But they are commonly admitted to hospital for broken bones, wounds requiring stitches, burns, ear nose and throat issues etc. Those children may also test positive for the virus.

Other children that have some COVID symptoms may be taken to hospital but it's rare that overnight stays and medical interventions are required.

The phrase 'with COVID' should be removed from the lexicon. It has become shorthand for a person who has had a positive test for Sars-Cov-2. It does not mean they are diseased from the virus, as the 'D' stands for.

Children are extremely unlikely to be hospitalised due to COVID. But they are commonly admitted to hospital for broken bones, wounds requiring stitches, burns, ear nose and throat issues etc. Those children may also test positive for the virus.

Other children that have some COVID symptoms may be taken to hospital but it's rare that overnight stays and medical interventions are required.
With 25 cases surely someone could give better information. I like clarity about these things.

With 25 cases surely someone could give better information. I like clarity about these things.

It's all finger in the air stuff. Not many labs have the capability to do gene sequencing to detect omicron. Not that many tests are referred to those labs.

Of course, the media will look to exploit the fear. But governments need to take a measured approach.

There is a large potential for distortion of the Covid stats in the US due to bonus payments to hospitals by the government.

The hospital payments include:​
  • Added bonus payment for each positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
  • Another bonus for a COVID-19 admission to the hospital.
  • A 20 percent “boost” bonus payment from Medicare on the entire hospital bill for use of remdesivir instead of medicines such as Ivermectin.
  • Another and larger bonus payment to the hospital if a COVID-19 patient is mechanically ventilated.
  • More money to the hospital if cause of death is listed as COVID-19, even if patient did not die directly of COVID-19.
  • A COVID-19 diagnosis also provides extra payments to coroners.
Attorney Thomas Renz and CMS whistleblowers have calculated a total payment of at least $100,000 per patient.​

These payments are removed if the hospital opts to use any of the cheap repurposed drugs that have been shown to be effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a large potential for distortion of the Covid stats in the US due to bonus payments to hospitals by the government.

• A 20 percent “boost” bonus payment from Medicare on the entire hospital bill for use of remdesivir instead of medicines such as Ivermectin.
  • Another and larger bonus payment to the hospital if a COVID-19 patient is mechanically ventilated.
  • More money to the hospital if cause of death is listed as COVID-19, even if patient did not die directly of COVID-19.
Attorney Thomas Renz and CMS whistleblowers have calculated a total payment of at least $100,000 per patient.​

These payments are removed if the hospital opts to use any of the cheap repurposed drugs that have been shown to be effective.

The US non health care system is full of distortion anyway - my understanding is that it should be set in a dumpster and burnt, then implement a taxation based universal health care.
Perhaps these payments would be for patients who otherwise would be unable to afford care/ be not covered.

Edit now reading article issues raised
- no visitors allowed (well no s**t Sherlock trying to limit spread, same issue happens in Victoria)
- deliberately kept in the dark - that’s projecting for the more likely “doctor has no time to talk to family “ issue again common to overworked hospital care
- “lower standards of care” means having to use less trained staff to man icu etc, or develop ceilings of care due to rationing issues. Again common in pandemic.
- “free from seclusion “ means quarantine of infected patients. Because you really want infected patients wandering around?

Last edited:

Oh look. Misrepresentation.

Or just misunderstanding. He is quoting the article fairly just the article itself seems unhinged.

I'm long past giving sorted any form of allowance or credit for simply misunderstanding.

It's very deliberate.

Or just misunderstanding. He is quoting the article fairly just the article itself seems unhinged.
The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical misinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy.

No wonder, it comes from this mob:

“The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical misinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy. The association was founded in 1943 to oppose a government attempt to nationalize health care. The group has included notable members, including American Republican politicians Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Tom Price.”

Theres a few of these in America, they sound legit but are basically fronts for right wing loons. The American College of Pediatricians is another.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical misinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy.
Beat me to it.

It was a safe bet if it came from Sorted that it was a dodgy source

So I don't understand.

At what point do you say "I've ****ed up and own it".

Or are people like sorted think that HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy does not require scientific scrunity and are like "yep I'm good with that, I'm happy to live by those assumptions, ain't nobody getting me to think differently, I prefer this kind of world".

Or is there another gap I haven't assumed.

So I don't understand.

At what point do you say "I've f’ed up and own it".

Or are people like sorted think that HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy does not require scientific scrunity and are like "yep I'm good with that, I'm happy to live by those assumptions, ain't nobody getting me to think differently, I prefer this kind of world".

Or is there another gap I haven't assumed.
I’ve mentioned this on another thread, but apparently this is one of the largest public forums in the country. I asked Chief for confirmation but he was a bit coy...

Anyway it would be naive to think there weren’t posters who are here to spread misinformation. You don’t have to squint too hard to see who they are- stacks of links to dodgy sources, quickly able to produce graphs and tables often wilfully misrepresenting the source, any number of antivax talking points they drop and then circle back to at a later date- and they’ve been very active the last 18 months.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back