Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
The good news is that most kids catch up pretty quickly after a setback.

The bad news is that if it's anything like the UK, they will blow hundreds of millions on private tutoring contractors to help kids through.

But it's the US. Likely they will do nothing and blame poor people.
Yep, those with the right supports in place should be OK, but as has been shown consistently, cheering for lockdowns was pretty much cheering for poor people being further disadvantaged, from a wholistic health perspective.

Yep, those with the right supports in place should be OK, but as has been shown consistently, cheering for lockdowns was pretty much cheering for poor people being further disadvantaged, from a wholistic health perspective.
Doubt it…and with over 6000 heath staff off work.

Last edited:

Doubt it…and with over 6000 heath staff off work.

From your article - “During the first phase of this pandemic, (when we had regular lockdowns) we now know people on low incomes were dying at four times the rate of the rest of the community.”

The rest is just calling for better access to testing, financial support and panicked idiots not to call up health services unnecessarily.

this is all such fear mongering.

Why are we even counting daily cases anymore? What is there to be gained from it?

We should only be reporting Hospitalization & ICU Numbers AND providing breakdowns of Vaxxed/Unvaxxed and existing underlying health conditions etc. This is the only stat that matters.

From your article - “During the first phase of this pandemic, (when we had regular lockdowns) we now know people on low incomes were dying at four times the rate of the rest of the community.”

The rest is just calling for better access to testing, financial support and panicked idiots not to call up health services unnecessarily.
Those figures were deaths from the pandemic. So imagine how bad they would’ve been if we let rip whilst unvaccinated. Not sure how you think poor are better off now with reduced access to health care as the health system is under more pressure than ever before?

Those figures were deaths from the pandemic. So imagine how bad they would’ve been if we let rip whilst unvaccinated. Not sure how you think poor are better off now with reduced access to health care as the health system is under more pressure than ever before?

People that use anti-lockdown talking points whilst mentioning poor people, rarely seem to be interested in anything that might actually help poor people.

"probably" says everything
You do realise that there are ongoing trials by reputable groups for it's use against covid. It's clearly not the wonder drug for covid that anti-vaxxers have tried to sell it as, but it could potentially end up recommended at particular stages of the disease.

You do realise that there are ongoing trials by reputable groups for it's use against covid. It's clearly not the wonder drug for covid that anti-vaxxers have tried to sell it as, but it could potentially end up recommended at particular stages of the disease.

We were hearing the same.about HCQ a year ago.

Research is good, but people need to shelve the idea there is a silver bullet patent free solution out there that big pharma is hiding from us

We were hearing the same.about HCQ a year ago.

Research is good, but people need to shelve the idea there is a silver bullet patent free solution out there that big pharma is hiding from us
I certainly don't disagree with that. And I'm certainly not advocating ivermectin as anything other than a fantastic treatment for certain parasites. But anti-vaxxers, who are desperate for a miracle cure to help argue against vaccines are choosing drugs to promote that may have some potential as treatments at particular stages of the disease. So you can't rule these drugs out as part of future treatment just because the anti-vaxxers are ridiculous.

I certainly don't disagree with that. And I'm certainly not advocating ivermectin as anything other than a fantastic treatment for certain parasites. But anti-vaxxers, who are desperate for a miracle cure to help argue against vaccines are choosing drugs to promote that may have some potential as treatments at particular stages of the disease. So you can't rule these drugs out as part of future treatment just because the anti-vaxxers are ridiculous.

1642033177918.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They ignore balanced discourse in this thread.

Last edited:

Anti-vaxxers grab hold of genuine theories at the early stage of testing. It adds to the credibility, as it's being trialled.

They're probably munching on their missus/mums/sisters birth control pills as a cheap alternative.

I'm throwing darts blindfolded here, but is there a possibility that some of that pressure is unnecessary? Like your Ambulance case with the scolded with hot water child.
Yes. Unfortunately when ever are problems with access or reductions in health services it ends up being the emergency services who end up copping the work. Friend of mine needed to get a covid test, couldn't go see his GP until he had a covid test (nice catch 22) and he couldn't buy one. Went to ED. This sort of thing happens thousands of times a day across Oz.

Finally men will fear Covid - Man claims his penis shrunk by an inch due to rare Covid symptom - MyLondon

this is all such fear mongering.

Why are we even counting daily cases anymore? What is there to be gained from it?

We should only be reporting Hospitalization & ICU Numbers AND providing breakdowns of Vaxxed/Unvaxxed and existing underlying health conditions etc. This is the only stat that matters.
And the variants represented.

And the variants represented.

Its 90% Omicron and climbing.

The speed with which it has displaced Delta, the high transmissibility even in the face of vaccines and the low severity fuels my current favourite conspiracy theory. It was deliberately released to combat Delta, become the strain that becomes endemic and end the pandemic.

For the obtuse, I do not believe this to be true, it is a good idea however.

More data on differences bw SA and USA Omicron experiences. Hospitalizations in US much higher. I assume Aus is more in line with the US?

People that use anti-lockdown talking points whilst mentioning poor people, rarely seem to be interested in anything that might actually help poor people.

Schools need to go back at the scheduled date is my take away, nothing yet suggests any state is thinking otherwise, lets hope that remains the case.
I think schools will go back on the scheduled dates in Victoria and NSW, but I don't see them staying open for too long. They will just run out of staff too quickly and will be forced to shut down, if not entire campuses then selected year levels and faculties, as they won't have the capacity to supervise all students. Daily Organisers just won't have enough CRT's to cover the gaps either I'd imagine. Primary schools even more so.

If I were a school principal I'd be planning my contingencies for this happening right now. If the education sector ends up with the same proportion of its staff being forced to isolate (or actually being sick) as the rest of the workforce, there's no way they can cover the absences. I'd imagine there'll be fairly high percentage of school students in the same boat in Feb/March. These disastrous difficulties in sourcing RA tests won't help things either.

They're probably munching on their missus/mums/sisters birth control pills as a cheap alternative.
Let's hope they leave enough for their missus so as to avoid breeding.

You should avoid putting people into boxes. It reflects poorly on you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back