Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Today in my letterbox I got a bullshit misinformation pamphlet from 'Children's Health Defense [sic] Australia Chapter'. It's aimed at parents, trying to persuade them not to vaccinate their children.

It stoops to the low of quoting statistics of one in eight vaccinated pregnant women having miscarriages. Tragically, miscarriages are very common in pregnancy anyway - the vaccine of course has nothing to do with it.

I was furious, scrunched it up and threw it across the room.

Don't you love organizations who like to have all your personal details, yet you can't find a name or address or contact details.
Unless you want to go trying to contact some relative of a long dead president in another country.

Conversely. The Australian government can be contacted.

Meanwhile, miscarriages are really low in non-pregnant non vaccinated people.....something for morons to think about there.

Don't you love organizations who like to have all your personal details, yet you can't find a name or address or contact details.
Unless you want to go trying to contact some relative of a long dead president in another country.

Conversely. The Australian government can be contacted.

Meanwhile, miscarriages are really low in non-pregnant non vaccinated people.....something for morons to think about there.
They are idiots, preying on naive people to further their anti-vax goal. It's a disgrace.

Today in my letterbox I got a bullshit misinformation pamphlet from 'Children's Health Defense [sic] Australia Chapter'. It's aimed at parents, trying to persuade them not to vaccinate their children.

It stoops to the low of quoting statistics of one in eight vaccinated pregnant women having miscarriages. Tragically, miscarriages are very common in pregnancy anyway - the vaccine of course has nothing to do with it.

I was furious, scrunched it up and threw it across the room.
Huh. Thought miscarriage rate naturally 15-30%. So vaccination protective.
These people are psychotic idiots.

Edit overcooked my numbers
Will change to 15-30%

NSW recorded lowest PCR positivity percentage since Jan 3. I am still calling a possibility this has already peaked in NSW. Vic numbers also looking promising.

Pile on.

NSW recorded lowest PCR positivity percentage since Jan 3. I am still calling a possibility this has already peaked in NSW. Vic numbers also looking promising.

Pile on.
NSW - possibly a little soon only that there was a similar dip from 11 to 12 jan (36 to 25%) then 13 Jan it bounced back to 35%
although the number of tests also a confounder (more tests done on 12th and 14th Jan compared to the higher percentage days on 11 and 13)
NSW ICU and hospitalisation still seem to be growing (from covid live data)

VIC - positivity rate flat for last 4 days, have seen local covid test station shut in Craigieburn (probably because my hospital needed the nurses back tbh) but whether other places have shut testing as well idk. Hospitalisation growth in vic may be slowing its rate of rise, ICU remains flat (though unclear/ unknown if theres patients who should be needing ICU care but cant get it due to lack of ICU staff so ward staff struggle with sicker patients on ward). Also I suspect vic may be including hospital in the home programs/ maternity at home programs (because they code like admissions I don't know how the data worm works) - this will artificially increase vic hospitalisations.

NSW - possibly a little soon only that there was a similar dip from 11 to 12 jan (36 to 25%) then 13 Jan it bounced back to 35%
although the number of tests also a confounder (more tests done on 12th and 14th Jan compared to the higher percentage days on 11 and 13)
NSW ICU and hospitalisation still seem to be growing (from covid live data)

VIC - positivity rate flat for last 4 days, have seen local covid test station shut in Craigieburn (probably because my hospital needed the nurses back tbh) but whether other places have shut testing as well idk. Hospitalisation growth in vic may be slowing its rate of rise, ICU remains flat (though unclear/ unknown if theres patients who should be needing ICU care but cant get it due to lack of ICU staff so ward staff struggle with sicker patients on ward). Also I suspect vic may be including hospital in the home programs/ maternity at home programs (because they code like admissions I don't know how the data worm works) - this will artificially increase vic hospitalisations.
Nice post

Hospitalisations are a lagging indicator though, so wouldn’t expect that to trend down for another week. I don’t have a data source that records daily increase in hospitalisations (although small effort to work out), will have a look.

Not out of the woods, and perhaps I am a glass half full guy, but hopefully the encouraging signs are indicative of some relief for the healthcare system and the legends that work in it.

Nice post

Hospitalisations are a lagging indicator though, so wouldn’t expect that to trend down for another week. I don’t have a data source that records daily increase in hospitalisations (although small effort to work out), will have a look.

Not out of the woods, and perhaps I am a glass half full guy, but hopefully the encouraging signs are indicative of some relief for the healthcare system and the legends that work in it.

Daily Cases Admitted to Hospital - COVID Live

it shows the trend by running eye across the numbers (i have been using this site for most data I draw except for the data I provide from my hospital)

I do, the number of people still on the anti-vaxx bandwagon is very limited, and they're often not nearly as educated as they like to think they are, so discussions with them are very brief and uninformative.

Keep pretending like they're presenting some kind of equally valid position though.
There are plenty of vaxxed people that think the antivaxxers aren’t the only cohort who have found Covid advantageous and care less about the vulnerable they purport to want to protect.

There are plenty of vaxxed people that think the antivaxxers aren’t the only cohort who have found Covid advantageous and care less about the vulnerable they purport to want to protect.

on another note, while vic positive test rate is down today the nsw one is back up again to 32%. Possibly a plateau but it is hard to tell with testing numbers by PCR dropping off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long until we have to sign into Bigfooty with a 'Health Pass' to make sure everyone is on the wrong side of history?
You can start now if you like you anti-vax twerp.

You can start now if you like you anti-vax twerp.
Why so aggressive and what's with the name calling? It makes you look a little unhinged.

Furthermore I don't consider myself ant-vax, nor a twerp. And regarding the BigFooty user terms

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is:

• dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • likely to offend,
  • spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity,
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others

I find your post both abusive, and likely to offend. Consider yourself reported.

Oh and you should've put a comma after 'like' in your post.

Last edited:
Why so aggressive and what's with the name calling? It makes you look a little unhinged.
Just a reaction to your ridiculous superiority complex.

Your kids aren't going to thank you for being a vax dodger. They're going to think their dad is an idiot.

Today I walked into a pub, checked in and said to my mates, 'There really isn't much point doing this anymore.' I did it anyway because I don't want a fine from an undercover copper (they have done that here in Adelaide). But most places are 'exposure sites' now. Covid-19 is no longer that weird foreign disease which strikes like lightning. It's everywhere.

And it's me with the superiority complex 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

As I said, unhinged.
You really believe you have a better grasp on this than every other person with knowledge and experience, don't you?

It's ludicrous. It's a total joke. You're the only one who isn't in on it.

Nice post

I think it will drop a bit over the next two weeks but bounce back up to a new peak when schools go back before starting a sharp decline.

Age has an article about Vic hospitals doing it tough https://www.theage.com.au/national/...tal-staff-tell-of-crisis-20220114-p59o6n.html

Friend of mine who is a midwife told me she has been told they can no longer 1 to 1 nursing of women having an oxytocin infusion to induce labour. Look at any protocol on the use of oxytocin to induce labour you will find the lines 'Must have a mid wife in constant attendance'. Puts the midwife in a very difficult position. I suggested she talk to her union and get her managers to put it in writing. Bet they don't. If something bad does happen its the midwife who will be hung out to dry. For people who don't work in health, there has been a growing cadre of unsupportive managers along with an increasingly dense bureaucracy, these contribute to many folks leaving.

I think it will drop a bit over the next two weeks but bounce back up to a new peak when schools go back before starting a sharp decline.
NSW at 17% PCR positivity toda, lowest since Dec 31

It’s bouncing around a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back