Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
I was expecting that table which on first glance shows higher numbers of hospitalised vaccinated cf unvaccinated but was not corrected for population prevalence of vaccination/ non vaccination. I'm not sure they are releasing that on a weekly basis anymore (based on quick google searching)

Don't have time right now to find the link but it was something like these stats:
Approx 32 million have had 3 doses
And approx 31 million either 0,1 or 2 doses.
So about a 50/50 split (or near enough)
Cases are twice as many in the triple dosed bracket as all the other 3 combined. Same with hospitalisation, and for deaths, 3 times more dying in the triple dosed than the 0,1 or 2 combined.
Can't refute those stats.
Yawn.
Cmon mate. Faux outrage over covid deaths is so last year.

This is why people in the media should keep their fat yaps shut if they have no real knowledge of sensitive topics:

Lloyd has since walked back his comments, but that hasn't stopped them appearing in at least one global list of "athlete cardiac arrests [and] serious issues", popular among vaccine sceptics and debunked by FactCheck.org for including people who had, for example, suffered from medical issues that had nothing to do with vaccines.

CheckMate has in the past tackled similarly unfounded claims that heart conditions were increasing among athletes, finding they were not supported by data out of projects in the US and Australia that specifically tracked these issues, nor by FIFA's Sudden Death Registry.

Heart problems such as arrhythmia and sudden cardiac arrest are already relatively more common among athletes, and there have been several examples of AFL footballers collapsing on field or suffering symptoms well before the advent of COVID-19.

Last edited:
This is why people in the media should keep their fat yaps shut if they have no real knowledge of sensitive topics:

Lloyd has since walked back his comments, but that hasn't stopped them appearing in at least one global list of "athlete cardiac arrests [and] serious issues", popular among vaccine sceptics and debunked by FactCheck.org for including people who had, for example, suffered from medical issues that had nothing to do with vaccines.

CheckMate has in the past tackled similarly unfounded claims that heart conditions were increasing among athletes, finding they were not supported by data out of projects in the US and Australia that specifically tracked these issues, nor by FIFA's Sudden Death Registry.

Heart problems such as arrhythmia and sudden cardiac arrest are already relatively more common among athletes, and there have been several examples of AFL footballers collapsing on field or suffering symptoms well before the advent of COVID-19.
That was my thoughts when Lloyd said it.
The place i work for had flu shots the other day, they now give you a form that asks if you have had Guillain-Barré ( not Bells ) syndrome as the result of an injection. I asked the nurse what happened if you had ( because i knew someone who had that reaction to a flu shot ). She said they don't recommend getting the flu shot in that case. Previous GB sydrome as a result of virus, no issue.

Imagine taking medical advice from C9 boofheads.

And that’s sort of the point, some onus has to be put on the listener as well of course
That's fine if it's about which car to buy.

These guys fed the anti-vaccination machine. Their retractions won't be shared via the same channels.

If anyone in the media isn't aware of how they should be discussing issues around vaccination by now their bosses should take them off the air.

That's fine if it's about which car to buy.

These guys fed the anti-vaccination machine. Their retractions won't be shared via the same channels.

If anyone in the media isn't aware of how they should be discussing issues around vaccination by now their bosses should take them off the air.

Eh, I made my point re this when Rogan was copping it, no real desire to go back over it, I don't think we'll agree on this one.

Eh, I made my point re this when Rogan was copping it, no real desire to go back over it, I don't think we'll agree on this one.

People with large platforms have a responsibility to use those platforms appropriately.

If you're going to spend your time spruiking false information to your enormous audience, whether you're an authority on the topic or not, you're responsible for the consequences of misusing that platform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NicNat2TimKelly I take it you subscribe to the conspiracy theory that SARS-Cov-2 is some sort of genetically engineered virus that escaped from a lab?

I used to think it was about 80% likely covid was a lab leak.

I'm more 50/50 these days. There's no evidence I'm aware of that confirms it either way.

Someone showed me a link to this paper two years ago or more. It was pretty suggestive.

But its not conclusive. What I find interesting is the initial response to the suggestion a lab leak was possible.

But the real take away from covid imo is that instead of focusing on "Oh it was a lab leak" we should be recognising that the potential for lab leaks exists and that gain of function research is potentially very dangerous and needs to be regulated more carefully across the world.

And frankly we can take that attitude regardless of where covid initially came from.

I do have a pet conspiracy theory (ie a proper - baseless at this point - one...) tho.

That the Omicron variant was made in a lab as an attempt to undermine the more dangerous variants.

There are a couple of weird things about Omicron. Its genetic heritage, the first official cases of it, the changes themselves.

But it also seems obvious that there is evolutionary pressure on coronaviruses to change in the way Sarscov2 changed as Delta evolved into Omicron, (If indeed it did
scared0016.gif
,) and most likely evolutionary pressures on mammalian airways that promote that sort of change too.

Caught it for the first time and are now up to day 3. Pretty fit and healthy and triple vexed, you wouldnt wish the bad period on anyone. Feels like your heads about to explode and could cook an egg on my forehead.
Yeah, my experience exactly. Awake for 20 hours/day and four hours of repetitive psychotic dreams - I just got sick of my own thoughts.

Mine was a bit weird. Felt so slightly sick the first two days wondered how I was going to last a week at home, so I started a heap of manual stuff around the house and garden. Got walloped for it day 3. More of a head cold for me but the thing was the fatigue- dead tired but not at all sleepy, so laying awake at night sick of myself.

Had worse, but wouldn’t want it again.

Interesting thing is the range of symptoms people report- some cold-like, some feverish, some headaches, some gastro like- wonder if that’s because it’s a novel virus and the immune systems not quite sure how to cope with it? Anyway all four of us in the family have had it and all reacted very differently.

My 15yr old son had the sniffles, tested positive, and was lifting weights 2 days later. He had 2x Pfizer at the time.

My ex has it.
She is in the highest agony known to mankind already ( day 1 ). She thinks she has a chest infection "as well" and the flu "as well" and has a doctors appointment for it. ( she likes to bully doctors into giving her antibiotics for everything ). I told her the doctor wont see her and that her chest infection is probably part of the Covid. But i was never right about anything :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back