Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
My ex has it.
She is in the highest agony known to mankind already ( day 1 ). She thinks she has a chest infection "as well" and the flu "as well" and has a doctors appointment for it. ( she likes to bully doctors into giving her antibiotics for everything ). I told her the doctor wont see her and that her chest infection is probably part of the Covid. But i was never right about anything :p
Hasn't had a baby yet, then? :)

My ex has it.
She is in the highest agony known to mankind already ( day 1 ). She thinks she has a chest infection "as well" and the flu "as well" and has a doctors appointment for it. ( she likes to bully doctors into giving her antibiotics for everything ). I told her the doctor wont see her and that her chest infection is probably part of the Covid. But i was never right about anything :p
There is a fair bit of influenza around where I work, haven’t seen yet anyone with both (would expect it to be not fun)

The unexpectedly tiny COVID-19 number WA Health didn’t want you to see

As per these numbers obtained by WAToday from the Department of Health. Rate of Covid positive patients requiring ventillation is one in 15,000 or 0.0066% in the period between 1 January and 31 March this year.

So you're saying the State with the lowest per capita rates of death and ICU admittance in the world, also has the lowest rates of people on ventilators at just one in 15,000?

And it also has the highest rate of vaccine uptake in the world, with most of the Adult population triple vaxxed?

The tough vaccine mandates worked. The border closures worked. The vaccines worked.

Heck even your own article states:

Our low 2022 ventilator figure is a remarkable achievement and a credit to WA’s high vaccination rates and closed border policy.

As per these numbers obtained by WAToday from the Department of Health. Rate of Covid positive patients requiring ventillation is one in 15,000 or 0.0066% in the period between 1 January and 31 March this year.

Malifice just pipped me but here's my contribution.

The number you probably don't want to acknowledge, is that 91.9% in WA have had two doses of the vaccine and over 80% have had the booster which is why it looks quite good.

More than 17,000 new cases today in WA, the vast majority that are the smart and the responsible, will be vaccinated.

The number you probably don't want to acknowledge, is that 91.9% in WA have had two doses of the vaccine and over 80% have had the booster which is why it looks quite good.

More than 17,000 new cases today in WA, the vast majority that are the smart and the responsible, will be vaccinated.

WA’s adult double-dose vaccination rate is 99 per cent and its booster shot rate is 83.5 per cent.

COVID-19 Coronavirus: Vaccination dashboard

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...vid-19-vaccine-rollout-update-11-may-2022.pdf

Yet over half of the people in hospital with COVID in WA haven’t had their third dose, and over 1 in 4 people in hospital haven’t had one dose.

1 percent of the population = 27 percent of all cases. 99 percent of the population are responsible for the other 73 percent.

Yep; those 1 percent of the population who are unvaxxed are around 35 times more likely than the vaccinated to wind up in hospital with COVID.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

So you're saying the State with the lowest per capita rates of death and ICU admittance in the world, also has the lowest rates of people on ventilators at just one in 15,000?

And it also has the highest rate of vaccine uptake in the world, with most of the Adult population triple vaxxed?

The tough vaccine mandates worked. The border closures worked. The vaccines worked.

Heck even your own article states:

Malifice just pipped me but here's my contribution.

WA’s adult double-dose vaccination rate is 99 per cent and its booster shot rate is 83.5 per cent.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...vid-19-vaccine-rollout-update-11-may-2022.pdf

Yet over half of the people in hospital with COVID in WA haven’t had their third dose, and over 1 in 4 people in hospital haven’t had one dose.

1 percent of the population = 27 percent of all cases. 99 percent of the population are responsible for the other 73 percent.

Yep; those 1 percent of the population who are unvaxxed are around 35 times more likely than the vaccinated to wind up in hospital with COVID.

This is a great example where someone hadn't fully considered what they were posting, not realising it very much did not support their position.

The figures I had were 12yo and up, good effort I'd thought but even better that adult double dose vaccination rate is at 99%. That has to be the best in Australia?

The figures I had were 12yo and up, good effort I'd thought but even better that adult double dose vaccination rate is at 99%. That has to be the best in Australia?

ACT and TAS also extremely high.

Add to that , the most populous area's of W.A. are spread along the coast and population density is relatively sparse.
Its a hostile environment for Covid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is. Ditto the triple vaxxed rates.

Considering the reluctance in the Aboriginal communities, and the number of cookers here in WA, plus the batshit crazy Freo anti-vaxx wellness Blazing Swan kooks, a 99 percent adult vaccination rate, and 83.5 percent adult triple dosed rate is phenomenal.

Our population in WA (aged 16 and over) - is 2,114,978 people.

Of whom 2,061,475 are at least double vaxxed and around 1.8 million triple vaxxed (leaving only 50,000 or so unvaxxed).

Of the 275 people currently in hospital with COVID, around 75 (27 percent) are unvaxxed with the remainder (200 or so) vaccinated.

So if you're vaccinated you have a 200 in 2,061,475 chance to wind up in Hospital with COVID. (roughly 1 in 10,000 people)

If you're unvaccinated
you have a 75 in 50,000 chance to wind up in Hospital with COVID (roughly 1 in 666 people).

Accordingly you're about 15 times more likely to wind up in Hospital or in ICU if you're unvaccinated, and if everyone was an anti-vaxx cooker, and 'freedom warrior' we would currently have 5,000 people in Hospital with COVID, instead of 275.

Cookers gonna cook.

It's actually quite the opposite.

WA is highly urbanized. 75 percent of all people in the State live in Perth or its metropolitan surrounds.
i've lived in Perth. Perth is spaced out very nicely. I could live in a shitty suburb ( Craigie ) and be within walking distance from the beach. Lots of outdoor living over summer too.
You should see the blocks of flats...oops sorry apartments going up over here, filling up with big familys.

100 more people per square km over the entire city ( pretty good where i am though ).

That article is back the front though. Perth is beating the rest.
Ask your average beijing resident if they'd rather live in their "apartment" or have a house on 1/4 acre. But apartments are "cool" right?

In Victoria , Country area's are suffering badly while everyone else here clings to the cities. Totally different to what you see in Europe, where there are lots of smaller cities and people will often commute from a nearby village.

2x positive RAT tests so I am home for the week.

Don't even feel that sick, almost feel bad for not being at work.
You should feel happy that you got tested and caught it (in time). You will have the virus in your nose and nasopharynx and may spread it to people who are not so lucky with their health and symptoms as you are.

You're doing good work. Keep it up.

Last edited:
I copped it for the first time this past week. Copped it really, really bad and ended up with pneumonia and having to monitor oxygen at home. I'm not even 30. Was. Not. Fun. I wish they'd expand antiviral eligibility and stockpile.

All because someone who wanted me to visit didn't tell me they'd been symptomatic all week and hadn't bothered to test.

We are going back into lockdowns for sure now.

Why would this be restored if the powers that be don’t intend to lock us up.

Enjoy this week of footy fans and who knows when we will be allowed back to games.

We are going back into lockdowns for sure now.

Why would this be restored if the powers that be don’t intend to lock us up.

Enjoy this week of footy fans and who knows when we will be allowed back to games.

Being restored so casual workers don’t feel pressured to work while sick/ pressured to not test does not mean an intent to lockdown again. Victoria delta outbreak showed at the case level it was then than lockdown did not get to nil covid and it didn’t feel like hospitalisation was controlled (delta peak had more hospitalisation than we currently have iirc)

Being restored so casual workers don’t feel pressured to work while sick/ pressured to not test does not mean an intent to lockdown again. Victoria delta outbreak showed at the case level it was then than lockdown did not get to nil covid and it didn’t feel like hospitalisation was controlled (delta peak had more hospitalisation than we currently have iirc)
Hope so.

I don’t want more lock downs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back