Politics Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19): The politics thread

Remove this Banner Ad

could you imagine the reaction of white aussies being housed in chrissy island? they lost their sh*t being in the Hyatt
I think that was the Holiday Inn :p

Transporting all returnees to Christmas Island from all the capital cities would be horrendously expensive. I don't know the capacity of CI but many thousands are arriving all the time.

I think that was the Holiday Inn :p

Transporting all returnees to Christmas Island from all the capital cities would be horrendously expensive. I don't know the capacity of CI but many thousands are arriving all the time.

dont disagree - logistically it made sense to do it here

could you imagine pauline though the first time vision of a white family behind the chainlink fence was shown?

dont disagree - logistically it made sense to do it here

could you imagine pauline though the first time vision of a white family behind the chainlink fence was shown?
There were plenty of white people taken there during the evacuations from Wuhan early on.

There were plenty of white people taken there during the evacuations from Wuhan early on.

I know, but they were with asian people so they dont count ;) jokes aside, the ABC doco on Wuhan and the aussies trying to get out of there was a good one to show why none of them arced up - as sucky as chrissy island was, it was 100% better from the conditions they were in during the wuhan lockdown

View attachment 916060

In June all the normal leading causes of death were killing significantly fewer people than the five year average.

Are all the causes of death magically declining while covid grows?
I cannot reproduce that chart by searching- the most recent I get is early may

Odd that they claim 21000 deaths is increase on 22000 in previous week...

View attachment 916929

But yet we get this from USA today condemning the Swedes strategy, absolute Goebbels type propaganda.

Try the Swedish doctors and scientists themselves. Good enough for you?

Sigurd Bergmann, Ph.D., Emeritus Professor, Norwegian University of Science and Technology

Dr. Leif Bjermer. Ph.D., Professor, Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Lund University

Barbara Caracciolo, Ph.D., in Epidemiology

Marcus Carlsson, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Mathematics, Lund University

Dr. Lena Einhorn, Ph.D., in Virology

Dr. Stefan Einhorn, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular Oncology, Karolinska Institutet

Andrew Ewing, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg

Dr. Manuel Felices, Ph.D., Head of Endocrine Surgery, NÄL Hospital

Dr. Jonas Frisén, Ph.D., Professor of Stem Cell Research, Karolinska Institutet

Marie Gorwa, Ph.D., Professor of Microbiology, Lund University

Dr. Åke Gustafsson, Ph.D., Clinical Microbiology, Uppsala University Hospital

Dr. Olle Isacsson, Ph.D., Professor of Endocrinology, University of Gothenburg

Dr. Claudia Hanson, Ph.D., Associate professor, Global public health, Karolinska Institutet

Dr. Stefan Hanson, Ph.D., International Health, Karolinska Institutet.

Dr. Jan Lötvall, Ph.D., Professor of Clinical Allergy, University of Gothenburg

Dr. Bo Lundbäck, Ph.D., Professor of Epidemiology of Respiratory Diseases, University of Gothenburg

Åke Lundkvist, Ph.D., Professor of Virology, Uppsala University

Dr. Cecilia Söderberg-Nauclér, Ph.D., Professor of Microbial Pathogenesis, Karolinska Institutet

Finn Nilson, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Risk Management, Karlstad University

Andreas Nilsson, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, University of Gothenburg

Dr. Björn Olsen, Ph.D., Professor of Infectious Diseases, Uppsala University

Jens Stilhoff Sörensen, Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Global Studies, University of Gothenburg

Jakob Svensson, Ph.D., Scientific Data Analysis, Max Planck Institute, Greifswald

Dr. Anders Vahlne, Ph.D., Professor of Clinical Virology, Karolinska Institutet

Dr. Anders Wahlin, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Hematology, University of Umeå

Try the Swedish doctors and scientists themselves. Good enough for you?

Sigurd Bergmann, Ph.D., Emeritus Professor, Norwegian University of Science and Technology

Dr. Leif Bjermer. Ph.D., Professor, Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Lund University

Barbara Caracciolo, Ph.D., in Epidemiology

Marcus Carlsson, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Mathematics, Lund University

Dr. Lena Einhorn, Ph.D., in Virology

Dr. Stefan Einhorn, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular Oncology, Karolinska Institutet

Andrew Ewing, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg

Dr. Manuel Felices, Ph.D., Head of Endocrine Surgery, NÄL Hospital

Dr. Jonas Frisén, Ph.D., Professor of Stem Cell Research, Karolinska Institutet

Marie Gorwa, Ph.D., Professor of Microbiology, Lund University

Dr. Åke Gustafsson, Ph.D., Clinical Microbiology, Uppsala University Hospital

Dr. Olle Isacsson, Ph.D., Professor of Endocrinology, University of Gothenburg

Dr. Claudia Hanson, Ph.D., Associate professor, Global public health, Karolinska Institutet

Dr. Stefan Hanson, Ph.D., International Health, Karolinska Institutet.

Dr. Jan Lötvall, Ph.D., Professor of Clinical Allergy, University of Gothenburg

Dr. Bo Lundbäck, Ph.D., Professor of Epidemiology of Respiratory Diseases, University of Gothenburg

Åke Lundkvist, Ph.D., Professor of Virology, Uppsala University

Dr. Cecilia Söderberg-Nauclér, Ph.D., Professor of Microbial Pathogenesis, Karolinska Institutet

Finn Nilson, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Risk Management, Karlstad University

Andreas Nilsson, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, University of Gothenburg

Dr. Björn Olsen, Ph.D., Professor of Infectious Diseases, Uppsala University

Jens Stilhoff Sörensen, Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Global Studies, University of Gothenburg

Jakob Svensson, Ph.D., Scientific Data Analysis, Max Planck Institute, Greifswald

Dr. Anders Vahlne, Ph.D., Professor of Clinical Virology, Karolinska Institutet

Dr. Anders Wahlin, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of Hematology, University of Umeå

so, i can find an impressive list of scientists who state that masks are useless, i think the graph shows what happened, furthermore .....

if the pandemic was so bad in Sweden explain how all cause mortality is lower than 2 years ago at the same time

run along now and back to your conspiracy sites

1595376209985.png

so, i can find an impressive list of scientists who state that masks are useless, i think the graph shows what happened, furthermore .....

if the pandemic was so bad in Sweden explain how all cause mortality is lower than 2 years ago at the same time

run along now and back to your conspiracy sites

View attachment 916931

Excess deaths happened every week till last month, yet another bullshit graph. Back to off-guardian or some other no name site you usually post.

- Sweden last week recorded no excess mortality compared to the average of the past five years for the first time since COVID-19 struck a country whose death toll in the pandemic has eclipsed that of its neighbours, statistics showed on Monday.

Excess deaths happened every week till last month, yet another bullshit graph. Back to off-guardian or some other no name site you usually post.

- Sweden last week recorded no excess mortality compared to the average of the past five years for the first time since COVID-19 struck a country whose death toll in the pandemic has eclipsed that of its neighbours, statistics showed on Monday.

are you a bot ?, do you think that over the course of a hundred years of tracking there will be patches of excess deaths and patches of under excess deaths ? or everything is in a straight line ?

1595376851318.png

once again look at the very soft last year, now show me the pandemic in Sweden where they estimated 75,000 would be dead if the did not lock down, last year was way under the average, so in effect there was more people alive than would have been expected, .... work it out bot boy

are you a bot ?, do you think that over the course of a hundred years of tracking there will be patches of excess deaths and patches of under excess deaths ? or everything is in a straight line ?

View attachment 916934

once again look at the very soft last year, now show me the pandemic in Sweden where they estimated 75,000 would be dead if the did not lock down, last year was way under the average, so in effect there was more people alive than would have been expected, .... work it out bot boy

October through June? how about March till June? deaths per 100,000 people been down steadily over the years. Since the crisis started Sweden recorded excess deaths every week till the first week of June.

another article pointing out the absolute stupidity and anti science of lockdowns

The politicians’ ignorance about the complexity of economic life was stunning, as was their hypocrisy. To a person, every elected official, every public health expert, and every media pundit who lectured Americans about the need to stay in indefinite lockdown had a secure (“essential”) job. Not one of them feared his employer would go bankrupt. Anyone who warned that the effects of the lockdowns would be more devastating than anything the coronavirus could inflict was accused of being a heartless capitalist who only cared about profits.

But to care about the economy is to care about human life, since the economy is how life is sustained. It is a source of meaning, as well as sustenance, binding humans to each other in a web of voluntary exchange. To its workers, every business is essential, and to many of its customers as well. Even judged by the narrowest possible definition of public health—lives lost—the toll from the lockdowns will exceed that of the virus, due to the cancellation of elective medical procedures, patients’ unnecessary fear of seeking medical treatment, and the psychological effects of unemployment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Levitt
@MLevitt_NP2013

· 3h
More bad news for the pessimists & nay-sayers https://t.co/XYXMVNSqg0?amp=1 “Six to 24 times more infections were estimated per site with seroprevalence than with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) case report data.” CFR reduced by the same factor. COVID as deadly as influenza

what would he know, only a nobel prize winner and has been entirely correct with his prediction about the rise and fall of the virus since the beginning

but HEY Victoria lockdown for the flu and destroy hundreds of thousands of more lives

Last edited:
Does Levitt ever tire of being wrong?

(23 March 2020 article)

As a chemist, perhaps he should stick to chemistry.

read your own article mofra ......

Three weeks later, Levitt told the China Daily News that the virus’ rate of growth had peaked. He predicted that the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in China would end up around 80,000, with about 3,250 deaths.

This forecast turned out to be remarkably accurate: As of March 16, China had counted a total of 80,298 cases and 3,245 deaths — in a nation of nearly 1.4 billion people where roughly 10 million die every year.

BTW he is not the first medical professional to note the seroprevalence % of antibodies and extrapolate it and come to the conclusion of much much much lower CFR which is ball park flu CFR, its pretty clear cut, care to explain how he is wrong - i'll wait!!

read your own article mofra ......

Three weeks later, Levitt told the China Daily News that the virus’ rate of growth had peaked. He predicted that the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in China would end up around 80,000, with about 3,250 deaths.

This forecast turned out to be remarkably accurate: As of March 16, China had counted a total of 80,298 cases and 3,245 deaths — in a nation of nearly 1.4 billion people where roughly 10 million die every year.

BTW he is not the first medical professional to note the seroprevalence % of antibodies and extrapolate it and come to the conclusion of much much much lower CFR which is ball park flu CFR, its pretty clear cut, care to explain how he is wrong - i'll wait!!

you think only 3000 people died in china?

The countries that locked down did ok, ironically being the countries that have over-reacted according to the just-the-flu crew.
The right-wing populist led countries are facing disaster (US & Brazil particularly).

Levitt's predictions about the US have been horrifically wrong.

hey hand wringing lockdown stooge Ned, explain to me how Levitt is wrong about the virus being akin to the flu in mortality rate and even less so for under 65's and definitely less dangerous for kids, but squabble over a few thousand or less deaths in a country where 10 million die in a year

hey Ned explain how lockdown did not contribute to 10,000 dementia patients dying in the UK unaffected by corona virus

hey neddy explain the millions who had operations suspended, cancer screening stopped, lost jobs, business, houses and relationship etc etc etc etc because people like you love the lockdowns

The countries that locked down did ok, ironically being the countries that have over-reacted according to the just-the-flu crew.
The right-wing populist led countries are facing disaster (US & Brazil particularly).

you miss the point as usual .... its a political pandemic in the USA and also in some other counties as well, but back to the point, please tell me how Levitt is wrong about the correlation of flu and covid being around the same mortality, that is the real reason why lockdowns exist, because of the estimated horrific mortality rate.

still waiting

USA estimates are 55k died in Wuhan, and speaking to people in China they agree

China wasnt testing people after they died, and many in Wuhan died at home or before they could be tested.

China wasnt testing people after they died, and many in Wuhan died at home or before they could be tested.

"people i spoke to" ....listen to yourself !

get this Neddy .......

Aside from coronavirus, in April there were a further 9,429 deaths from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease alone in England and 462 in Wales. That number is 83% higher than usual in England, and 54% higher in Wales.

The charity thinks the increased numbers of deaths from dementia are resulting partly from increased cognitive impairment caused by isolation, the reduction in essential care as family carers cannot visit, and the onset of depression as people with dementia do not understand why loved ones are no longer visiting, causing them to lose skills and independence, such as the ability to speak or even stopping eating and drinking.

Another factor may be interruptions to usual health services, with more than three-quarters of care homes reporting that GPs have been reluctant to visit residents.

this is what lockdowns produce Neddy, lockdowns are not based on any real science, they are based on hysterical over reactions, the type that you produce

Yeah each country may well have different criteria for numbers, where possible - I imagine for countries like Brazil and India we'll never know the full toll.

A friend of mine is an ICU nurse and she's got it, with 4 workmates. A prolonged pandemic is going to wreak havoc on staff resources at hospitals. Countries without universal healthcare will really suffer.

A person constantly whinging about how the government lies to us believes in government when it suits him, that even the CCP! LOL.

China is also the only country in that region with no second wave! must be dem genes.

I guess the Rubles arrived in his account today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back