Politics Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19): The politics thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah each country may well have different criteria for numbers, where possible - I imagine for countries like Brazil and India we'll never know the full toll.

A friend of mine is an ICU nurse and she's got it, with 4 workmates. A prolonged pandemic is going to wreak havoc on staff resources at hospitals. Countries without universal healthcare will really suffer.

In India they are burning dead bodies with acid. The Indian numbers are really starting to get ugly, i know a lot of people there and i really feel for them. The hospitals and ICU's are overwhelmed there and people with corona are basically dying on the streets or at home.

A person constantly whinging about how the government lies to us believes in government when it suits him, that even the CCP! LOL.

China is also the only country in that region with no second wave! must be dem genes.

I guess the Rubles arrived in his account today.

China has no second wave because they are brutal in clamping down any further outbreaks.

There is no voluntary self isolating happening there

Also I don't think china is "lying". If they didn't test, they don't have the number. And reality is tests were in short supply back then. Same happened in Italy and Spain at their heights.

In India they are burning dead bodies with acid. The Indian numbers are really starting to get ugly, i know a lot of people there and i really feel for them. The hospitals and ICU's are overwhelmed there and people with corona are basically dying on the streets or at home.

is it like the mass graves you lied about, passing it off as something new, when they are dug every year perhaps next you will quote me channel 7 who were caught out lying about the situation in Melbourne yesterday, passing off ICU units in Italy as Melbourne.

what sort of pandemic requires people to get tested to know whether they have it or not, or has to lie constantly across the MSM to engender fear

and yet no one addresses Levitt, nobel prize winner, you cant address it, wont address because underneath you all know he is correct and it destroys your doomsday lockdown scenario

is it like the mass graves you lied about, passing it off as something new, when they are dug every year perhaps next you will quote me channel 7 who were caught out lying about the situation in Melbourne yesterday, passing off ICU units in Italy as Melbourne.

what sort of pandemic requires people to get tested to know whether they have it or not, or has to lie constantly across the MSM to engender fear

and yet no one addresses Levitt, nobel prize winner, you cant address it, wont address because underneath you all know he is correct and it destroys your doomsday lockdown scenario

Its lie cause you said so? there's been massive graves in NY even. The excess deaths on South American countries have crossed 100% with Mexico City now reporting 12,000 excess deaths compared to the last 5 year average.

You believe in the CCP! that sums you up, you will believe in any propaganda when it suits you and as i exposed you in the Brexit thread, it's just lack of intelligence, so you are excused.

China has no second wave because they are brutal in clamping down any further outbreaks.

There is no voluntary self isolating happening there

Also I don't think china is "lying". If they didn't test, they don't have the number. And reality is tests were in short supply back then. Same happened in Italy and Spain at their heights.

What do you mean brutal? are you saying it won't spread in North Korea or China cause they are authoritarian? how can you clamp down the spread without testing, self isolation and vaccine? or are you suggesting the deaths are not recorded?

Its lie cause you said so? there's been massive graves in NY even. The excess deaths on South American countries have crossed 100% with Mexico City now reporting 12,000 excess deaths compared to the last 5 year average.

You believe in the CCP! that sums you up, you will believe in any propaganda when it suits you and as i exposed you in the Brexit thread, it's just lack of intelligence, so you are excused.

you mean Potters field in NY where they been burying people/paupers for 170 years, same scenario as Brazil where you were caught out lying about mass graves.

catch Levitt out lying .... that's the real game, don't worry about the other stuff, all this is built on how lethal the virus is or isn't, show some intelligence, i doubt you can though.

@MLevitt_NP2013
More bad news for the pessimists & nay-sayers https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2768834… “Six to 24 times more infections were estimated per site with seroprevalence than with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) CFR reduced by the same factor. COVID as deadly as influenza

you mean Potters field in NY where they been burying people/paupers for 170 years, same scenario as Brazil where you were caught out lying about mass graves.

catch Levitt out lying .... that's the real game, don't worry about the other stuff, all this is built on how lethal the virus is or isn't, show some intelligence, i doubt you can though.

@MLevitt_NP2013
More bad news for the pessimists & nay-sayers https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2768834… “Six to 24 times more infections were estimated per site with seroprevalence than with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) CFR reduced by the same factor. COVID as deadly as influenza

So where are these excess deaths coming from? do you realise how many deaths go unaccounted for in 3rd world countries? step outside of your mums basement, in ecuador they are dumping bodies on the streets.

Keep quoting the media when it suits you, when it doesn't suit you, oh look Mum MSM....

So where are these excess deaths coming from? do you realise how many deaths go unaccounted for in 3rd world countries? step outside of your mums basement, in ecuador they are dumping bodies on the streets.

Keep quoting the media when it suits you, when it doesn't suit you, oh look Mum MSM....

What if people not going to work means the pathways for bodies to be processed are so disrupted that they have resorted to bulk disposal methods?

Everyone starves when the food truck is stuck at the traffic lights for a day.

What if people not going to work means the pathways for bodies to be processed are so disrupted that they have resorted to bulk disposal methods?

Everyone starves when the food truck is stuck at the traffic lights for a day.

I doubt anyone would keep an infected corpse lying like that. You still need to get your coffin etc. That still needs delivery.

I doubt anyone would keep an infected corpse lying like that. You still need to get your coffin etc. That still needs delivery.
We have some family friends in the UK who lost their dad, they didn't even find out he had died for a while after and certainly weren't there, and weren't able to collect him for a funeral for months let alone meet for one.

If the chain up the road is blocked, it banks up at the source.

What do you mean brutal? are you saying it won't spread in North Korea or China cause they are authoritarian? how can you clamp down the spread without testing, self isolation and vaccine? or are you suggesting the deaths are not recorded?

im saying back in march, if you didnt wear a mask on the street, you were detained. If you were on the street without cause, you were detained. Same if you had a temp or any symptoms. And if you tested positive you remained at a quarantine facility, not at home. In cities where thsi wasnt possible (because of numbers), they were under virtual enforced house arrest. and they did test, once the kits were in numbers (the entire city of wuhan was tested several times over).

The issue on testing was during the initial weeks in wuhan. they (like italy) saved the tests for care workers and those still in a treatment window. They didnt waste them on testing the dead.

In terms of the lockdown restrictions, it was an infringement on liberty we would never accept, but it was bloody effective.

Similar happened with teh blowouts in Beijing recently. they got a few positives at the market so they shut down whole blocks, imposed movement bans in those areas, and tested everyone. again, if done quickly (a big caveat) bloody effective, but also not viable in Australia

We have some family friends in the UK who lost their dad, they didn't even find out he had died for a while after and certainly weren't there, and weren't able to collect him for a funeral for months let alone meet for one.

If the chain up the road is blocked, it banks up at the source.

True this happened in Italy too but how many deaths in 3rd world countries are happening in hospital though? brazil 1,300 deaths last night, i doubt they were all in hospitals. Countries with no proper healthcare system means many are dying at home like in India.

True this happened in Italy too but how many deaths in 3rd world countries are happening in hospital though? brazil 1,300 deaths last night, i doubt they were all in hospitals. Countries with no proper healthcare system means many are dying at home like in India.

And if you are fearful of the pandemic, you aren't going into the slums to collect bodies anymore because that's where the infection is worst. It creates and compounds the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im saying back in march, if you didnt wear a mask on the street, you were detained. If you were on the street without cause, you were detained. Same if you had a temp or any symptoms. And if you tested positive you remained at a quarantine facility, not at home. In cities where thsi wasnt possible (because of numbers), they were under virtual enforced house arrest. and they did test, once the kits were in numbers (the entire city of wuhan was tested several times over).

The issue on testing was during the initial weeks in wuhan. they (like italy) saved the tests for care workers and those still in a treatment window. They didnt waste them on testing the dead.

In terms of the lockdown restrictions, it was an infringement on liberty we would never accept, but it was bloody effective.

Similar happened with teh blowouts in Beijing recently. they got a few positives at the market so they shut down whole blocks, imposed movement bans in those areas, and tested everyone. again, if done quickly (a big caveat) bloody effective, but also not viable in Australia

just ignore, ignore and ignore some more

@MLevitt_NP2013

Good point but if they are not testing at all, how come it's only resulting in small clusters and not mass spread like in US/Brazil/India considering the population density? Something fishy is up, our factory in China is still closed as per the local government guidelines of 'non essential' production is still not up and running and we can only operate within the parameters given by the government aka 10 people max in a given area.

just ignore, ignore and ignore some more

@MLevitt_NP2013

yep, ignore because like all your s**t someone else already discredited it

posting it multiple times doesnt make it right

Good point but if they are not testing at all, how come it's only resulting in small clusters and not mass spread like in US/Brazil/India considering the population density? Something fishy is up, our factory in China is still closed as per the local government guidelines of 'non essential' production is still not up and running and we can only operate within the parameters given by the government aka 10 people max in a given area.

where did I say they are not testing at all? I said they didnt test the dead (primarily in Wuhan), which is why their death rate is estimated to be 16 times higher than the reported (and the infected number around 2.5-3.0m because the early weeks had so many shortages)

today, i know they are screening the s**t out of everything. Go to a restaurant and you are still being temperature checked.

on restrictions, its city by city. some have opened up more than others. My family are in one of the more open ones, and they only stopped wearing masks recently.

one advantage in china is the road logistics are so bad, you can enforce temp checks at all toll gates on city edges to maintain that kind of segregation between location

yep, ignore because like all your sh*t someone else already discredited it

posting it multiple times doesnt make it right

My s**t! ..... don't think so neddy, discredit the studies HE is reporting his conclusions on, peer reviewed etc, nobel prize winner correlates the mortality of covid to flu - must be lying hey ?

and another study confirming flu type mortality rates.....

Federico Andres Lois

@federicolois

Replying to
@MLevitt_NP2013
Seroprevalence at Argentinian slums gives a pretty interesting picture. More than half of the population antibody positive, CFR of 1%, 10 times multiplier for a safe calculation of IFR in the 0.1% range. Will have definite numbers soon.

Community-level SARS-CoV-2 Seroprevalence Survey in urban slum dwellers of Buenos Aires City, Argentina: a participatory research.
Background By July 1st, the incidence rate of RT-qPCR SARS-CoV-2 infection was 5.9% in Barrio Padre Mugica, one of the largest slums in Buenos Aires City. This study aimed to establish the seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 three months after the first case was reported. Methods Between June 10th and...
t.co
t.co

Federico Andres Lois

@federicolois

·
10h

Got confirmation, up to today (not when the seroprevalence happened, it may have increased since then) there are 36 deaths on 40K+ population for an effective IFR of 0.16%

flu mortality rate

Meh, that happens all the time in the subcontinent, their hospitals have been overrun for years and their citizens have been dying on the streets for years.

Meh, that happens all the time in the subcontinent, their hospitals have been overrun for years and their citizens have been dying on the streets for years.

ICU's have never been overrun. Most people die on the street cause they cant afford treatment. Now hospitals been closed down cause doctors nurses all contracted the virus.

ICU's have never been overrun. Most people die on the street cause they cant afford treatment. Now hospitals been closed down cause doctors nurses all contracted the virus.

Turn it up. People have been dying on the street well before Covid because of lack of access/funds for medical treatment. Go to Punjab and ask their locals.

Turn it up. People have been dying on the street well before Covid because of lack of access/funds for medical treatment. Go to Punjab and ask their locals.

Dude i have been working there for the past 10 years. While in the rural areas what you are saying is largely true the crisis at present is not related to this. I know people with insurance who can't find a hospital bed right now. (not covid related even).

Unless you are willing to pay 10,000 euros for a small surgery that is in a private hospital.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back