Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of houses on my street house Chinese families. 4 MICA ambulance vans pulled up, and the 8 paramedics went in and out of at least 2 different houses carrying plastic bags. Took one person on a stretcher. They weren't wearing any kind of breathing apparatus so I doubt it was a corona scare? But really weird all the same. 4 ambos, zero police or fire. Any theories?

This was Wednesday, Melb eastern suburbs, can't find any news articles on it.

View attachment 822749

View attachment 822748
View attachment 822747

Wow, I hope I can't get it through the internetz. Ingesting McAfee virus detector as we speak. Please maintain a distance of at least 3gig at all times, this thing is airborne.

Don’t really have a view because there are too many unknowns. What appears at first to be a case of race-based discrimination as presented by the journo may be nothing of the sort.

I suspect the landlord has been genuinely spooked by the outbreak, in which case he/she is well within their rights. At face value I think it’s a fairly extreme reaction, and that attitude wouldn’t change if the girl had been to Hong Kong. And as stated, the notice on the door is rather cruelly worded... the absence of tact may well be due to English not being the landlord’s first language.
It is definately race based discrimination. But the question is such discrimination ok in these circumstances?

It is definately race based discrimination. But the question is such discrimination ok in these circumstances?

My favourite fish 'n' chip shop is run by Chinese people and was closed for a fortnight until early February. I don't know whether they went to China or not, but I'm having a break for a little while, just in case.

Am I discriminating? Yeah. Is it racist? In a technical sense, maybe, but I don't care.

The majority of houses on my street house Chinese families. 4 MICA ambulance vans pulled up, and the 8 paramedics went in and out of at least 2 different houses carrying plastic bags. Took one person on a stretcher. They weren't wearing any kind of breathing apparatus so I doubt it was a corona scare? But really weird all the same. 4 ambos, zero police or fire. Any theories?

View attachment 822749

View attachment 822748
View attachment 822747
those trees attract termites.

Yeah? Ah well I'm renting so whatever. I've noticed there are trillions of ants in the neighborhood too. Every footpath is covered.
I’ve been in the realestate game for a long time now. I look for these things.. otherwise you gotta seriously wonder what is going on with those Chinese. They may got some terrible news from China and collapsed.

North Korea has reported no cases of the virus, but relief groups say it is woefully unprepared to deal with an outbreak.
Why would there be an outbreak in a country where nobody crosses the border in either direction.

View attachment 822749

View attachment 822748
View attachment 822747

FWIW we had three rock up recently to an anglo house on our street

wonder if emergency services are juicing up responses to certain calls

North Korea has reported no cases of the virus, but relief groups say it is woefully unprepared to deal with an outbreak.
Why would there be an outbreak in a country where nobody crosses the border in either direction.

North Korea has taken aggressive steps to keep the virus out, including suspending all flights and trains to and from China. But the border has long been porous for smugglers, who ferry goods across the shallow river frontier that separates the two countries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think that even if China wanted to be more transparent (and I believe they do, because they want to look good to the rest of the world), they may not be able to, as the data isn't reliable.
The Chinese have been caught flat out lying. From an article I read yesterday, the number of deaths follow a quadratic equation. I wonder if that revelation going public was what drove the spike in announced deaths yesterday.

The Chinese have been caught flat out lying. From an article I read yesterday, the number of deaths follow a quadratic equation. I wonder if that revelation going public was what drove the spike in announced deaths yesterday.
There's a lot of eyes on China atm in terms of what they're doing about it and the numbers they are presenting.
The numbers might not be accurate, but at least they're trying...unlike Russia and Chernobyl.

I think it's fitting whenever I see your profile picture my mind goes straight to Ramsay Bolton.

I'm not familiar with your posts (unlike you, mine), so I can't say where exactly you lean on the political scale.

I will say, to clarify my point, that you can't have it both ways. You can't say that China aggressively manhandling their citizens for (allegedly) having a virus, proves that said virus is deadly and virulent, while, at the same time, being critical of them for being aggressive against those who practice Islam, unless you agree that Islam is just as virulent as Covid-19.

So, which is it? Is Islam just as deadly as this virus, or is Covid-19 not as deadly as many are desperate to believe (for whatever reason, maybe the same reason they want to believe the world will end in 12 years due to climate change)?

Final Point/Summary: Anyone who criticized China for taking a sledgehammer approach to Islam/Uyghurs, and yet believe the social media videos/images of Chinese citizens being violently aggressed against as proof of how deadly this virus is, well, * you. Try to stay consistent, idiots.

Last edited:
They're not trying, they're lying. Making the numbers up.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for at least having an element of truth (until we see a picture on the front page of The West Australian of a pile of dead bodies, instead of rotting carcasses in Wuhan).

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for at least having an element of truth (until we see a picture on the front page of The West Australian of a pile of dead bodies, instead of rotting carcasses in Wuhan).
If you're not mathematically minded you probably won't see the implication.

I'm not familiar with your posts (unlike you, mine), so I can't say where exactly you lean on the political scale.

I will say, to clarify my point, that you can't have it both ways. You can't say that China aggressively manhandling their citizens for (allegedly) having a virus, proves that said virus is deadly and virulent, while, at the same time, being critical of them for being aggressive against those who practice Islam, unless you agree that Islam is just as virulent as Covid-19.

So, which is it? Is Islam just as deadly as this virus, or is Covid-19 not as deadly as many are desperate to believe (for whatever reason, maybe the same reason they want to believe the world will end in 12 years due to climate change)?

Final Point/Summary: Anyone who criticized China for taking a sledgehammer approach to Islam/Uyghurs, and yet believe the social media videos/images of Chinese citizens being violently aggressed against as proof of how deadly this virus is, well, fu** you. Try to stay consistent, idiots.

on your final point. It’s now coming out the cv is very aids like. Is it also gods judgement on gays/Chinese? Absolutely laughable, mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back