WWE Extreme Rules - Monday 16th July 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason why nobody cares about them is because there's no stakes, and a boring build-up.

Having said that, Reigns is unfortunately beyond repair now. Even if you put him in the pre-show matches for the next year, and then build him up for two more years, as soon as he gets near the main event again he'll get booed.

Gotta feel Sorry for Reigns that the WWE has Pretty Much Destroyed Him and I doubt other Promotions and Indy's would Touch Reigns.

Have to Start from Scratch with a Totally Different Gimmick

Roman Reigns can be salvaged if they drop the John Cena 2.0 gimmick for good. It's going to be ******* strange if Vince McMahon is still around in 10 years and WWE still has this bullshit facade about the fans loving him.

Roman Reigns can be salvaged if they drop the John Cena 2.0 gimmick for good. It's going to be ******* strange if Vince McMahon is still around in 10 years and WWE still has this bullshit facade about the fans loving him.

once Ambrose returns, if they're doing the Shield reunion again with everyone staying healthy, it might stave off the booing for a bit.

Reigns should've won the Rumble Batista won (2014?) Crowd was solidly behind him then as a substitute for Bryan being held back. By the next year he was being pushed down throats as the next Super Cena and the crowd/smarks had turned.

Should but they where still going with the Shield.

Would Bryan still be Inserted to that Math IF Reigns had Won?

Reigns should've won the Rumble Batista won (2014?) Crowd was solidly behind him then as a substitute for Bryan being held back. By the next year he was being pushed down throats as the next Super Cena and the crowd/smarks had turned.

Please don't take away the Wrestlemania 30 main event from us-- Daniel Bryan's triumph was the greatest WWE story of the past 5 years.

Please don't take away the Wrestlemania 30 main event from us-- Daniel Bryan's triumph was the greatest WWE story of the past 5 years.

It was good but it was so obvious that it kinda took all the tension out of the show. Didn't Bryan win at SummerSlam the year prior then get screwed by Triple H/Orton? That was a massive stuff-up, that should've been his coronation

It was good but it was so obvious that it kinda took all the tension out of the show. Didn't Bryan win at SummerSlam the year prior then get screwed by Triple H/Orton? That was a massive stuff-up, that should've been his coronation

Agree. Summerslam been a Better one and Beat the Face of WWE in Cena.

The outcome of WM30 was Stuck Out like a Country Shithouse

Agree. Summerslam been a Better one and Beat the Face of WWE in Cena.

The outcome of WM30 was Stuck Out like a Country Shithouse

Did either of you watch the WWE at the time?

At SummerSlam 2013 Daniel Bryan was reasonably popular, but wasn't anywhere near as over as he became due to the Bryan/Authority angle in late 2013 through to Wrestlemania 30. It was this storyline and the delayed build where Bryan had to keep 'fighting against the odds' and 'prove the authority wrong' was what made Daniel Bryan the most over WWE superstar since the Attitude Era.

Where as if Bryan was the WWE Champion during that era, we would've got either a 'Super Bryan' scenario where he continually overcomes The Authority, The Shield and The Wyatt Family or against his 'former' friend Kane (I can't think of anything worse than a Kane championship match, even 5 years ago). That sounds horrible, but Cena couldn't have faced off against the other 'stars' of that era in Cena & Punk because the WWE really needed as much Star power across the card during this era.

The Number #1 complaint about the WWE today is that 'Roman Reigns can't get over with the fans', yet the only reason Daniel Bryan was over as he was, was because of the delayed coronation.

Who cares it if it was predictable-- it was an enjoyable storyline with a satisfying ending. I wish the WWE would give us more of this. Especially on the same PPV as Brock Lesnar breaking the streak, that should be enough 'unpredictability' for anyone-- it's no longer the Vince Russo era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reigns needs to stop cutting the type of promos he is doing
Keep it short,tell the crowd you think you hate me now just wait
Then start running over popular midcarders,then higher up the card popular faces.The full change comes when he starts a fued with Rollins

At SummerSlam 2013 Daniel Bryan was reasonably popular, but wasn't anywhere near as over as he became due to the Bryan/Authority angle in late 2013 through to Wrestlemania 30. It was this storyline and the delayed build where Bryan had to keep 'fighting against the odds' and 'prove the authority wrong' was what made Daniel Bryan the most over WWE superstar since the Attitude Era.

Where as if Bryan was the WWE Champion during that era, we would've got either a 'Super Bryan' scenario where he continually overcomes The Authority, The Shield and The Wyatt Family or against his 'former' friend Kane (I can't think of anything worse than a Kane championship match, even 5 years ago). That sounds horrible, but Cena couldn't have faced off against the other 'stars' of that era in Cena & Punk because the WWE really needed as much Star power across the card during this era.

The Number #1 complaint about the WWE today is that 'Roman Reigns can't get over with the fans', yet the only reason Daniel Bryan was over as he was, was because of the delayed coronation.

Who cares it if it was predictable-- it was an enjoyable storyline with a satisfying ending. I wish the WWE would give us more of this. Especially on the same PPV as Brock Lesnar breaking the streak, that should be enough 'unpredictability' for anyone-- it's no longer the Vince Russo era.

Yeah I was watching ppvs and thought SummerSlam was a mistake. I get the Authority angle but I really was hoping they'd let Bryan win at SummerSlam and go into wm30 as champ vs CM Punk as the Rumble winner. I really thought the WWE was building to that as this generations Hart/Michaels. How wrong I was haha

Not to say wm30 was bad it just didn't have that "it" factor I thought you initially alluded to.

Did you watch in 2013? He was WWE Champion twice. It worked too well (he was a substitute for injured wrestlers), Batista's face return was shat on and CM Punk quit (leaving Triple H without a storyline) so they put him in the WrestleMania main event but it was never the original plan.

Sigh. The feuds these days are so lame, why can't they get them personal?

I've been watching 05 PPVs back and I'm sure to alot of people the stuff then was far from perfect but you had HHH v Batista which was a long build, Cena v JBL which was kind of thug v business man, Guerrero v Mysterio which was really heated and personal when Eddie turned on him and even Booker v Angle at Judgement Day 05 was pretty hilarious, it wouldn't fly in 2018 but it was based around Angle wanting to * Sharmel lol.

Now Bobby and Reigns hate each other because.... just because? He's the big dog? And Lashley left WWE once? I don't get it and I don't care to. I heard someone say Vince hates putting 2 faces together... obviously not.

Even Braun v Owens, isn't Braun the one doing the heel things here? But Owens is supposed to be the bad guy. I'll give props to them I guess it's probably the best feud at the moment which isn't hard but those guys try.

Balor v Corbin? Hahaha ahh.

I just wish there'd be some meaning and progression with this stuff.

I love Elias, the way he contracts heat after the crowd cheer him to begin a segment is so fun, it'd be good to see him progress that into other things too like maybe a standard promo or a feud but it seems that isn't gonna happen any time soon.

Edit - just ending this boring wall of text on a positive note though, Seth and what they do with him is great. It's so easy to pop for him and want him to do well. His comedy on the mic and segment with Jinder was good. And at least his feud does have a touch of them kind of seeming to hate each other. Need more.

Will watch Styles vs Rusev, Ziggler vs Rollins, Jeff Harvey vs Nakamura, Matt Hardy and Wyatt vs The B-Team, Strowman vs Owens and Bálor vs Baron.

Will watch Styles vs Rusev, Ziggler vs Rollins, Jeff Harvey vs Nakamura, Matt Hardy and Wyatt vs The B-Team, Strowman vs Owens and Bálor vs Baron.

This is why I can never take you seriously, you are interested in watching The Deleter of Worlds Vs The B-Team, but not Team Hell No Vs. The Bludgeon Brothers.

One match will be memorable, the other mediocre. Unfortunately you will most likely watch the mediocre one.

But I do agree with you-- that Jeff Harvey will put on a great match, heard he's almost as good as Jeff Hardy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back