WWE Fastlane - Monday 22nd March 2021, 10am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Life_in_the_Fast_Lane.jpg

^^^^^
more entertaining than this show, probably....

Roman Reigns (c) vs Daniel Bryan (Universal Championship, Edge as special guest enforcer)
Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus (No Holds Barred match)
Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair (Women's Tag Team Championship)
Big E (c) vs Apollo Crews (Intercontinental Championship)
Braun Strowman vs Shane McMahon
Alexa Bliss vs Randy Orton
Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Riddle (c) vs Mustafa Ali (US Championship)

Last edited:
Life_in_the_Fast_Lane.jpg

^^^^^
more entertaining than this show, probably....

Roman Reigns (c) vs Daniel Bryan (Universal Championship, Edge or Jey Uso to be special guest enforcer)
Drew McIntyre vs Sheamus
Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair (Women's Tag Team Championship)
Big E vs Apollo Crews (Intercontinental Championship)
Braun Strowman vs Shane McMahon
Alexa Bliss vs Randy Orton

Looks pretty bad and does not bode well for mania.

Most of the top of the card will be probably be well worked. Problem is results are completely predictable and not necessarily in a good sort of way and Drew v Seamus has been repeated too much. The bottom two 'matches' are a worry.

Oof.

Caught the last 5 mins. Potentially a repeat of WM30 I assume.

Haven't watched in over a year now. Nothing has changed. Nothing missed. Got a decent roster but the booking is worse than ever.

Drew vs Sheamus good
Reigns vs Bryan ok, didn't really care for the finish.
Rollins vs Nakamura solid.
Riddle vs Ali, Womens tag match, Big E vs Crews (finish looked like a botch), Strowman vs Elias (filler crap), and Bliss vs Orton all complete trash.

As Ernie Ladd said to King Kong Bundy "Alexa Bliss you are stealing a living".

Drew vs Sheamus good
Reigns vs Bryan ok, didn't really care for the finish.
Rollins vs Nakamura solid.
Riddle vs Ali, Womens tag match, Big E vs Crews (finish looked like a botch), Strowman vs Elias (filler crap), and Bliss vs Orton all complete trash.

As Ernie Ladd said to King Kong Bundy "Alexa Bliss you are stealing a living".

Why do they make it so obvious that the ref is going to get knocked out by being directly behind a wrestler. It happens to many times in important matches. I know it's a ploy for interference but please can they make it not so obvious.

Was a very unnecessary PPV filled with solid but mainly unimportant matches and a bit of garbage.

Really enjoyed the main event though. Thought they put together a good match considering we knew there wouldn’t be a title change, and progressed the story well heading to WM.

I do wonder if putting Bryan in the match is because they think the Edge return hasn’t gotten over, or if they’re worried he isn’t capable in-ring of pulling off a WM main event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a WWE hater, but what an absolute mess of a show.

Botches galore in the first couple of matches. Big E not doing his 'future main eventer' potential any favours. What even happened at the end there?

Was looking forward to Riddle vs Ali, only to discover they put it on the pre-show. Then they run a big angle with the group turning on their leader, again, on the pre-show!

Shane vs Strowman not happening as advertised.

Shaemus vs Drew was excellent thankfully.

The Fiends return was expected, and I saw a photo during the day of the new look thinking it was fine. Didn't quite look ad good on TV.

Bryan vs Reigns was also excellent, but is Edge a heel now? What an odd ending. If we aren't getting a triple threat match now then I do not see why this ended the way it did.

Bryan vs Reigns was also excellent, but is Edge a heel now? What an odd ending. If we aren't getting a triple threat match now then I do not see why this ended the way it did.

Yeah agree Bryan v Reigns was phenomenal until the interference. Yes it is going to be a triple threat at WrestleMania now. Still hated the ending.

What a great idea it was to have a freaking 48yo win the Rumble in a huge comeback only to eventually go heel and have DB in the match anyway. :drunk:

Yeah agree Bryan v Reigns was phenomenal until the interference. Yes it is going to be a triple threat at WrestleMania now. Still hated the ending.

What a great idea it was to have a freaking 48yo win the Rumble in a huge comeback only to eventually go heel and have DB in the match anyway. :drunk:

The early reports some time ago suggested they wanted one of the heavyweight title matches to be a triple threat to be different from the other , orginally it sounded like it was going to be Lee vs Sheamus vs Drew until Lee got injured or exposed to COVID so I guess they switched it to the Smackdown match. I don't mind it purely because I wasn't excited to see Edge vs Roman in the first place.

I thought it was a pretty good show! A good match (Naka/Rollins), a great match (McIntyre/Shamus) and an excellent match (Reigns/Bryan), and some absolute horseshit (Bliss/Orton). I don’t mind a bit of horseshit when I’m not following the shows that closely. Reminded me of like Dungeon of Doom and rubbish like that. I got a laugh and at least I‘ll remember it. If you’re gonna be crap at least do it properly.

God Reigns and Bryan are good. Even though you KNOW Reigns isn’t losing I still wanted to believe. Could imagine Bryan tapping Reigns out being the ending to Wrestlemania. I like Edge well enough but he just feels like a 5th wheel here. You’ve got two of the world’s best wrestlers here who work well together we don’t need a part timer coming in over the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back