WWE Greatest Royal Rumble - April 28th 2am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I literally couldn't watch it. Turned it on. Watched a few mins. Fast forwarded a bit, watched a few more minutes, another fast forward, another watch, skip right through to the Royal Rumble match watch a few minutes more & switched it off.
Don't reckon my tv was on for any longer than half an hour.
No consequences or any bearing on future progress will do that though.

Finally watched it, boy that was a bad show, full of bullshit propaganda. The Saudi royals/oils tycoons sitting on their expensive couches ringside really pissed me off to no end with their talking on phones, with each other and constant moving about. Should have just put the campaigners in a skybox and put the real fans ringside. Also they can take their archaic views and shove it. Celebrating how they have a movie theater and how women can now drive a car, yay look at how progressive we are, go us, while a hours later the government releases an apology cause a couple of women were shown in an ad or two. Piss off. As for the wrestling...

Cena/Triple H: Showed how terribly bad things are with the current roster, there just isn't any stars. Crowd was HOT for this match and for for both men, nothing on this show got even close to the cheers this match got. Match itself was rather slow and plodding, nothing special, but they worked the crowd magnificently. Cena performing fellatio on Saudi Arabia post match was terrible though.

Cedric/Kalisto: Crowd couldn't give two shits for this match. Had some good spots in there (too many rest holds for a crusierweight match for my liking though), but when the crowd is dead for a top rope spanish fly, you have to cut your losses and wrap the match up soon, which the match then did.

Raw Tag Titles: Bray is a pretty good hot tag, other than that, match was bad. Still can't believe that Matt ended up being the Hardy brother who moves around like a cripple.

US Title: Don't remember anything other than Jinder's botch. Had a good laugh.

IC Ladder: Solid match, but could have been better. Match was hurt by knowing that Miz and Joe weren't going to win it so didn't really have that much drama to it. I liked the finish but wished Rollins was a little bit more cleaner grabbing the belt.

WWE Title: Good match, probably the match of the night, and miles better than their Mania match (which was still good, just disappointing). Finish was underwhelming though but understandable with where the fued is going next. Would have preferred if AJ got disqualified though. Just have AJ lose his cool after the Nakamura patented low blow and just destroy Nakamura in whatever way forcing the DQ. Allows AJ get some payback for all the low blows, crowd is happy that the heel is left lying on the ground, gives Nakamura the "win" and allows Nakamura to gloat that he was right saying AJ is too emotional. This then leads to a No DQ match at Backlash. The double count out and the phenomenal forearm post match just wasn't enough I think.

Taker/Rusev: Rusev lasted longer than Cena did at Mania so that pleased me but boy, no more Taker matches. He struggled to tombstone English, even spiking his head on the mat. Still not sure if Rusev himself is over with the casual audience or just chanting Rusev Day is over, just turn him face and we can see.

Universal Title: What is Vince doing with Reigns, he's quite literally the most terribly booked top guy in WWE history? Stop making your top guy a bitch/idiot. His 2018 so far has been: Lose IC title and feud to The Miz, lose rumble, wins elimination chamber but only with Braun eliminating everybody else and even then ended the show with him getting laid out, made to be Lesnar's bitch at Mania after being Lesnar's bitch every week during the build up and now losing to Lesnar because he performed his own finisher. Guy needs to bugger off to the midcard for a good long while, he isn't going to work the way they want him to. Also Roman got some boos in Mark Town Saudi Arabia, amazing. The match itself was similar to Mania with its finisher spam. Props to both men for taking that bump for the finish but the finish would have worked better if the cage was the old style cage and it broke open similar to how this did
You can then have both men not touching the floor after that spot and either have a no contest cause both men are unable to continue the match and technically haven't escaped the cage or have some drama with both men trying to recover but have Lesnar or Reigns be the first to roll off the cage and have their feet touch the floor first.

50 man Rumble: Titus you legend! Could have been disastrous if he tripped a step or too later or the LED aprons were installed but he's fine and a great laugh with the family was had. Good on Titus for embracing it, sadly this will be his legacy in he WWE, already see this is in rumble packages for years to come. Hard to get invested into the rumble when there are no stakes involved though it can allow more wrestlers winning it, however there were jobbers and tag teams as vast as the Arabian desert in that match that had no shot at winning. Great seeing Bryan be the ironman. Bobby Lashley had a couple of bad botches, especially the one with Big Cass, that was dangerous.

So in the end it turns out that Saudi Oil money was only good enough to buy some pyro for a glorified house show where nothing of consequence occurred and that $$$>morals

Finally watched it, boy that was a bad show, full of bullshit propaganda. The Saudi royals/oils tycoons sitting on their expensive couches ringside really pissed me off to no end with their talking on phones, with each other and constant moving about. Should have just put the campaigners in a skybox and put the real fans ringside. Also they can take their archaic views and shove it. Celebrating how they have a movie theater and how women can now drive a car, yay look at how progressive we are, go us, while a hours later the government releases an apology cause a couple of women were shown in an ad or two. Piss off. As for the wrestling...

Cena/Triple H: Showed how terribly bad things are with the current roster, there just isn't any stars. Crowd was HOT for this match and for for both men, nothing on this show got even close to the cheers this match got. Match itself was rather slow and plodding, nothing special, but they worked the crowd magnificently. Cena performing fellatio on Saudi Arabia post match was terrible though.

Cedric/Kalisto: Crowd couldn't give two shits for this match. Had some good spots in there (too many rest holds for a crusierweight match for my liking though), but when the crowd is dead for a top rope spanish fly, you have to cut your losses and wrap the match up soon, which the match then did.

Raw Tag Titles: Bray is a pretty good hot tag, other than that, match was bad. Still can't believe that Matt ended up being the Hardy brother who moves around like a cripple.

US Title: Don't remember anything other than Jinder's botch. Had a good laugh.

IC Ladder: Solid match, but could have been better. Match was hurt by knowing that Miz and Joe weren't going to win it so didn't really have that much drama to it. I liked the finish but wished Rollins was a little bit more cleaner grabbing the belt.

WWE Title: Good match, probably the match of the night, and miles better than their Mania match (which was still good, just disappointing). Finish was underwhelming though but understandable with where the fued is going next. Would have preferred if AJ got disqualified though. Just have AJ lose his cool after the Nakamura patented low blow and just destroy Nakamura in whatever way forcing the DQ. Allows AJ get some payback for all the low blows, crowd is happy that the heel is left lying on the ground, gives Nakamura the "win" and allows Nakamura to gloat that he was right saying AJ is too emotional. This then leads to a No DQ match at Backlash. The double count out and the phenomenal forearm post match just wasn't enough I think.

Taker/Rusev: Rusev lasted longer than Cena did at Mania so that pleased me but boy, no more Taker matches. He struggled to tombstone English, even spiking his head on the mat. Still not sure if Rusev himself is over with the casual audience or just chanting Rusev Day is over, just turn him face and we can see.

Universal Title: What is Vince doing with Reigns, he's quite literally the most terribly booked top guy in WWE history? Stop making your top guy a bitch/idiot. His 2018 so far has been: Lose IC title and feud to The Miz, lose rumble, wins elimination chamber but only with Braun eliminating everybody else and even then ended the show with him getting laid out, made to be Lesnar's bitch at Mania after being Lesnar's bitch every week during the build up and now losing to Lesnar because he performed his own finisher. Guy needs to bugger off to the midcard for a good long while, he isn't going to work the way they want him to. Also Roman got some boos in Mark Town Saudi Arabia, amazing. The match itself was similar to Mania with its finisher spam. Props to both men for taking that bump for the finish but the finish would have worked better if the cage was the old style cage and it broke open similar to how this did
You can then have both men not touching the floor after that spot and either have a no contest cause both men are unable to continue the match and technically haven't escaped the cage or have some drama with both men trying to recover but have Lesnar or Reigns be the first to roll off the cage and have their feet touch the floor first.

50 man Rumble: Titus you legend! Could have been disastrous if he tripped a step or too later or the LED aprons were installed but he's fine and a great laugh with the family was had. Good on Titus for embracing it, sadly this will be his legacy in he WWE, already see this is in rumble packages for years to come. Hard to get invested into the rumble when there are no stakes involved though it can allow more wrestlers winning it, however there were jobbers and tag teams as vast as the Arabian desert in that match that had no shot at winning. Great seeing Bryan be the ironman. Bobby Lashley had a couple of bad botches, especially the one with Big Cass, that was dangerous.

So in the end it turns out that Saudi Oil money was only good enough to buy some pyro for a glorified house show where nothing of consequence occurred and that $$$>morals

Have not seriously watched wrestling for years, but they have got it all wrong. Years ago the beauty of wrestling was the different body shapes and gimmicks. The Iron Shiek, Nickolay Volkov, Honky Tonk Man, Greg the Hammer Valentine, Rick Rude George 'the Animal' Steele etc.

Nowadays they all look the same and try to out do each other. Boring as batshit. Go back to good old script writing with Heels, and people with different shapes and sizes who genuinely get under the skin of people.

Have not seriously watched wrestling for years, but they have got it all wrong. Years ago the beauty of wrestling was the different body shapes and gimmicks. The Iron Shiek, Nickolay Volkov, Honky Tonk Man, Greg the Hammer Valentine, Rick Rude George 'the Animal' Steele etc.

Nowadays they all look the same and try to out do each other. Boring as batshit. Go back to good old script writing with Heels, and people with different shapes and sizes who genuinely get under the skin of people.

This hit a chord with me.
I was a regular watcher when it was back on late night channel 10 in the late 80s / early 90s.
Began watching for a few years from the late 90s through the early 00s because we got Foxtel. Was just lucky it happened to be the attitude era.
Where are the characters now? Every wrestler seems to be on the same factory settings, and it's bland.
Got this PPV out of curiousity (and hope) that the rumble would contain a lot more old school wrestlers.
Probably won't get it again if it happens again.
Felt like they agreed to 50 and then went "uh oh, we haven't really got 50"
I did notice Kurt Angle, Mark Henry entered the ring and cleaned house, personalities / gimmicks of yesteryear.

So apparently because the WWE showed women in an ad, the Saudi government or monarchy or whatever it is had to issue an apology including saying that they would never let women wrestle there.

Yay women's revolution!

So apparently because the WWE showed women in an ad, the Saudi government or monarchy or whatever it is had to issue an apology including saying that they would never let women wrestle there.

Yay women's revolution!

They showed the dual brand PPV ad where Carmella was very prominent. Good for our eyes, not so much for them.

Correct me if I am wrong but if you escape via the cage, isn't it only counted when BOTH feet hit the floor. It looks as though Roman's feet hit the floor before Brock's when he rolled off Lesnar and the cage panel, while Brock's feet didn't because of the angle of that panel.

Unless I missed something because I am dead tired...

Its either a botch and Roman rolled off too early or its going to tie in with his bitchy everyones against me storyline they have been running with

This hit a chord with me.
I was a regular watcher when it was back on late night channel 10 in the late 80s / early 90s.
Began watching for a few years from the late 90s through the early 00s because we got Foxtel. Was just lucky it happened to be the attitude era.
Where are the characters now? Every wrestler seems to be on the same factory settings, and it's bland.
Got this PPV out of curiousity (and hope) that the rumble would contain a lot more old school wrestlers.
Probably won't get it again if it happens again.
Felt like they agreed to 50 and then went "uh oh, we haven't really got 50"
I did notice Kurt Angle, Mark Henry entered the ring and cleaned house, personalities / gimmicks of yesteryear.

When Kurt Angle first came to the WWE, they missed one of the best opportunity to get an Iranian heel back into the show.
He beat an Iranian to win his gold medal. You could have had someone pretend to his nephew or son seeking retribution.
They could have done so much with it. Nowadays it is all six packs, and crap music. Just don't get why true wrestling fans would be interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back