WWE Greatest Royal Rumble - April 28th 2am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

(since my previous thread disappeared faster than a Dolph Ziggler push)

Airing Live from King Abdullah International Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on the WWE Network. (April 28th. 2am AEST for main show)

50-man Greatest Royal Rumble: Daniel Bryan, Braun Strowman, Kurt Angle, Shane McMahon, Chris Jericho, Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio, Elias, Baron Corbin, Kevin Owens, The Great Khali, Bobby Roode, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Apollo Crews, Shelton Benjamin, Chad Gable, Sin Cara, Goldust, Titus O’Neil, Mojo Rawley, Dolph Ziggler. 27 wrestlers TBA

WWE Universal Championship (Steel Cage Match): Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns
WWE Championship Match: AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
WWE Intercontinental Championship (Ladder Match): Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins (c) vs. The Miz vs. Samoa Joe
WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Usos
WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match: The Bar vs. Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt
WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Kalisto
US Championship Match: Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Jinder Mahal
Casket Match: The Undertaker vs. Rusev
Triple H vs. John Cena

Last edited:

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Strangest situation ever. That’s good enough to be a Wrestlemania card.

Are they going to build this up at all on TV? Or is it just random matches?

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wonder if Mahal will beat Hardy to take the US Championship to RAW and The Miz will win I/C Championship and take it to Smackdown. Unless double retains. The Bar is definitely going to lose - I don't think they'll be having another title reign with what's being said about Sheamus. The rest of the matches will be interesting to see what happens. If Lesnar / Reigns get WM34 reception then that's just going to be horrible...again.

I can't remember hearing it anywhere but what does the winner of the 50-Man rumble match get?

Exciting card overall.

My Tips in Bold:

50-man Greatest Royal Rumble: Daniel Bryan, Braun Strowman, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Elias, Baron Corbin, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Bray Wyatt, Kane, Apollo, Titus O’Neil, Shelton Benjamin, Chad Gable, Sin Cara, Goldust, Mojo Rawley, Dolph Ziggler. 31 wrestlers TBA

WWE Universal Championship (Steel Cage Match): Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns
WWE Championship Match: AJ Styles (c) vs. TBD(Nakamura)
WWE Intercontinental Championship (Ladder Match): Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins (c) vs. The Miz vs. Samoa Joe
WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Usos
WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match: The Bar vs. Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt
WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Cedric Alexander (c) vs. TBD
US Championship Match: Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Jinder Mahal
Casket Match: The Undertaker vs. Rusev
Triple H vs. John Cena

FreoBraddles

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can't remember hearing it anywhere but what does the winner of the 50-Man rumble match get?

Exciting card overall.
I think I read somewhere that one of the WWE International social media pages posted a photo where there was a trophy pictured, presumably for the winner. Doesn’t seem like much so may be more too it, but nothing confirmed AFAIK

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Strangest situation ever. That’s good enough to be a Wrestlemania card.

Are they going to build this up at all on TV? Or is it just random matches?
Stand alone it seems, which bodes well for the prospects of the Melbourne show if this is anything to go by.

Sippa

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
If that card is any indication of the type of card they’ll put together to try draw the big crowds that is promising signs for the Melbourne show

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JuddyBuddy

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit of a joke this really. All these big names, but no build. Why is Rusev wrestling Taker? What beef does Cena have with Triple H? A 50 man rumble for what purpose? A trophy? No one cares about the Andre Battle Royal, why should we care about this?

At least have it progress some storylines (if you can call them that). Just seems like a bunch of matches slapped together for no reason.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Its an interesting card, 2-3 matches that have no bearing on anything whatsoever, just getting big names onto the card and the rumble match but the rest of the card at least has something at stake and is being promoted on TV. Hopefully a sign of the show downunder. That's all you need, some big names to draw interest and majority of the matches having some meaning to draw the regular crowd to think its worth attending, not just another live event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back