WWE Mae Young Classic 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Mae_Young_2018_logo--9b332a23c58074156096160dab729350.png

to be taped in US on August 8 & 9
to be aired on WWE Network starting September 5 after NXT. Bracketology with Mauro Ranallo on August 29.
Finals to be held at WWE Evolution on October 29 (AEST)

Commentators: Michael Cole, Beth Phoenix & Renee Young.

Participants:
Kaitlyn
Rhea Ripley
Io Shirai
Jinny
Katy Catanzaro
Nicole Matthews
Tegan Nox
Deonna Purrazzo
Jessica Elaban
Reina Gonzalez
Mercedes Martinez
Mia Yim
Killer Kelly
Kavita Devi
Zeuxis
Isla Dawn
Lacey Lane
Karen Q
Toni Storm
Meiko Satomura
Ashley Rayne
Priscilla Kelly
Xia Brookside
Hiroyo Matsumoto
Aerial Monroe
Vanessa Kraven
Zatara
Xia Li
MJ Jenkins
Allysin Kay
Rachel Evers
Taynara Conti

Last edited:

Three more added:
Ashley Rayne
Priscilla Kelly
Xia Brookside

Ashley Rayne is better known as Madison Rayne and has most notably worked for Impact! Wrestling (5-time Knockouts Champion, 2-time Knockout Tag Team Champion), Shimmer (1-time Shimmer Tag Team Champion) and Ring of Honor, while Xia Brookside is the daughter of WWE Performance Center trainer, Robbie Brookside. I don't know much about Priscilla Kelly other than she was the inaugural Shine Nova Champion.

So she's the next Nia Jax/Charlotte/Sasha Banks.

"Gosh Corey her background is impressive"

I don't understand how you compare Nia Jax/Charlotte/Sasha Banks-- what have they got in common other than all being women on the main roster?

I don't understand how you compare Nia Jax/Charlotte/Sasha Banks-- what have they got in common other than all being women on the main roster?

I think he meant in terms of the backgrounds, re: family connections. In any event, Xia may well be compared to Paige more than the 3 mentioned, because in addition to her family connections, she's British and only 18 (!) so the WWE will probably play up to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Famous relatives.

I never knew that being related to Snoop Dog means you have an impressive wrestling background?

There's plenty of women on the roster that are closer in connection to Nia Jax & Charlotte than Sasha Banks in regards to a wrestling background-- Nattie, Paige, Carmella, Tamina, etc.

Three more added. Hiroyo Matsumoto, Ariel Monroe and Vanessa Kraven.

Kraven might be the best known, having been on the indies since she debuted in 2004. By my reckoning, she may also the biggest woman in the tournament at 6'0 and 195lbs (183cm, 89kg).

At least they're only adding a couple of inches nowadays.. When Kane debuted, he was 7 feet tall.. Matthew Burton was 6'11 (or thereabouts) and immediately looked taller than the Devils favourite mayor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back