WWE Money in the Bank, Monday 11th May 2020, 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I do enjoy the womens wrestling more than the mens these days

Same as there are more new ones they push. I still hold hope that AJ Lee comes back though (year I know more hope than anything else lol)

omg lol

Also Carmella... damn.

I cant decide if the whole MITB thing was a cluster* or cluster ******* fantastic. Corbin breaking the mirror, and then realising he has 7 yrs bad luck coming up was quite good. Aj and DB rearranging the chairs was good. Corbin murdering 2 people with no repurcussions or any acknowledgement of the fact was bizarre. Dana Brooke with the picture frame was... something. Otis winning makes zero sense to me. Hes a tag wrestler. Wheres tucker? I suppose at least it draws out/suspends any other feuds they want in the background. Cant wait for 6 monthes of him walking around yelling "oh yeah"... Not.

I felt like they missed an opportunity for some more clever spots, breaking through walls/glass, all that sort of stuff that could be set up without the crowds.

And I hadnt really given Carmella much thought before. But... Damn.

He'll be a 'funny' Money in the Bank holder before being fed to whoever.

That good Possiblity and I also think he will have a Fail Cash In or He has a Very Short Reign

So... does that mean that King Corbin killed Rey Mysterio and Aleister Black?
3 seconds after they both got thrown off, the camera pans above the building and there is a big mattress on the other side.

Otis obviously won’t be a tag team wrestler long term anyone suggesting he shouldn’t have won it because he is a ‘tag team’ wrestler is way off the mark imo

This to me seems like he is being pushed too early as a singles star though, should have had him win the IC title first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Otis was actually my pick, so I laughed when it fumbled into his hands. Tucker might as well be Duke The Dumpster Droese now.

Did a Bradbury

AltruisticLeadingHornshark-max-1mb.gif

Why on earth would Corbin stop Asuka from getting the womens briefcase? Of what interest is it of his to go "Hey, No! Stop IT!"??? Shayna attacking Rey, the whole thing should have been planned better.. if they wanted to do the women vs men they should have had some at least team up, say Shayna and Corbin.. I'll scratch your back if your scratch mine type thing and have them try help each other out.. but it was just pointless. Oh, you're here, not even technically in my match but I'll attack you anyway?

I’m fine with both winners. Out of those in the matches Asuka was the most over on raw and Otis probably the most over on smackdown when they last had crowds.

I’d be surprised if either cashed before crowds come back so there’s a chance neither cashed in on the current champions.

I liked the ladder matches as a one off. Drew v Seth was great, and they’re doing a reasonable job with Braun/Bray given the feud wasn’t planned. The rest was filler.

Credit for keeping it under 2 hours30.

Had a couple of laughs, and I like that they’re trying new stuff, but it wasn’t great. Personally I think that the ‘climb to the roof’ should’ve been a fair bit shorter, and that once they were on the roof, it became more of a standard MITB match, rather than still being cinematic.

Corbin pegging Rey and Black off the roof was dumb. On the aerial shots, you could clearly see that there was a second lower level to the roof. Would’ve much preferred that they actually showed Rey and Black taking a bump to the lower level, rather than pretending that they’ve been thrown off the whole roof.

Drew and Seth was good, as expected.

I'm still not quite sure how I feel about the MITB match.

On one hand, I'm happy to give a lot of leeway if WWE are going to be experimental and creative, because they are 2 things that WWE is not. And this wasn't a disaster. In fact it was quite fun... it was just fun in a children's game show kind of a way (does anyone remember that Amazing show with the obstacle course.)

On the other hand it wasn't a home run or anything close to it (as I thought Boneyard and Firefly Fun House were). There was too much going on with both matches at once, although I don't think you could've done them separately. I didn't think the cameos added anything, especially the one with Stephanie when she clearly wasn't there. I think Baszler and Black were put into situations that hurt their characters with the food fight. And I thought the ending was dumb and convoluted for the sake of it. I'm not a fan of random rules being enacted when they've never been explained.

I'm a fan of Asuka winning, but I don't see where the Otis thing goes. Crazy how huge he's being pushed though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back