WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Below is the listing for new ECW Supershows coming to WWE Network:

ECW Just Another Night 1996 [Duration: 01:52:29]
Shane Douglas challenges Raven for the ECW Championship. Bam Bam Bigelow battles Cactus Jack. Commissioner Tod Gordon faces Bill Alfonso. The Dudleys face The Eliminators for the ECW Tag Team Titles. Sabu takes on Too Cold Scorpio. The Sandman goes one-on-one with Axl Rotten. The Pitbulls square off against The Blue Meanie & Stevie Richards.
ECW Big Ass Extreme Bash 1996 [Duration: 02:07:09]
Raven defends the ECW Title against Shane Douglas. Juventud Guerrera takes on Rey Mysterio in a 2-Out-Of-3 Falls Match. Buh Buh Ray Dudley & Hack Myers challenge The Eliminators for the ECW Tag Team Titles. Cactus Jack faces Mikey Whipwreck. The Gangstas, The Headhunters and The Sandman & Too Cold Scorpio compete in a Tag Team Triple Threat Match.
ECW A Matter of Respect 1996 [Duration: 02:29:58]
Raven, Pitbull #2 and The Sandman battle for the ECW Championship in a Three Way Dance. Shane Douglas challenges Too Cold Scorpio for the Television Title. Rob Van Dam faces Sabu in a Respect Match. Tommy Dreamer teams with The Gangstas to take on Brian Lee & The Eliminators. The Dudley Boyz compete against Damien Kane & Devon Storm.
ECW Hardcore Heaven 1996 [Duration: 02:59:30]
Raven defends the ECW Championship against Terry Gordy. Tommy Dreamer battles Brian Lee. Sabu takes on Rob Van Dam. The Dudleys face The FBI. The Bruise Brothers challenge The Eliminators for the ECW Tag Team Championship. Shane Douglas goes one-on-one with Mikey Whipwreck.
ECW Heat Wave 1996 [Duration: 02:11:11]
Tommy Dreamer, Terry Gordy & The Sandman take on Brian Lee, Raven & Stevie Richards in a Rage in a Cage Six-Man Tag Team Match. Shane Douglas defends the ECW Television Championship in a 4-Way Elimination Match. Mikey Whipwreck & Sabu challenge The Eliminators for the Tag Team Titles. The Gangstas battle The Samoan Gangsta Party.
ECW The Doctor Is In 1996 [Duration: 02:37:18]
Stevie Richards represents ECW Champion Raven in a title defense against The Sandman. Brian Lee & Taz face Tommy Dreamer & Steve Williams. Pitbull #2 challenges Shane Douglas for the Television Title. The Gangstas, The Eliminators, The Bruise Brothers and The Samoan Gangsta Party compete for the Tag Team Titles. Rob Van Dam takes on Sabu.
ECW Natural Born Killaz 1996 [Duration: 02:46:36]
Raven & Shane Douglas battle The Sandman & Pitbull #2 in a Tag Team Dog Collar Match. Tommy Dreamer takes on Taz. The Eliminators challenge the Gangstas for the ECW Tag Team Championship in a Steel Cage Weapons Match. The Dudleys face Axl Rotten & D-Von Dudley. Terry Gordy goes one-on-one with Brian Lee in a Badstreet Match.
ECW November to Remember 1996 [Duration: 02:28:25]
The Sandman defends the ECW Championship against Raven. Too Cold Scorpio competes in a series of Loser Leaves Town Matches against Devon Storm, JT Smith, Hack Myers and Louie Spicolli. Big Stevie Cool takes on David Morton Tyler Jericho. The Gangstas take on The Eliminators and Rob Van Dam & Sabu in a 3-Way Elimination Match.
ECW Crossing the Line Again 1997 [Duration: 02:48:16]
ECW Champion Raven defends his title against “Dr. Death” Steve Williams. The Sandman takes on D-Von Dudley. Terry Funk battles Tommy Rich. Rob Van Dam & Sabu challenge The Eliminators for the ECW Tag Team Titles. Big Stevie Cool faces Ricky Morton. Lance Storm goes one-on-one with Balls Mahoney.
ECW CyberSlam 1997 [Duration: 02:36:48]
Tommy Dreamer teams with Terry Funk to battle Raven & Brian Lee. The Eliminators defend the ECW Tag Team Titles against Rob Van Dam & Sabu. The Dudley Boyz take on The Gangstas. Stevie Richards tangles with Balls Mahoney. Axl Rotten faces Taz.

That's actually a pretty cool listing.

COVID left me unemployed and social responsibility has me at home for 23 hours a day, yet I still haven't come close to re-subbing to the network during iso until I read that list of events.

That said... these ECW shows always look better on paper than they do on screen. It's not that I have a problem with garbage wrestling - I absolutely don't - the difficulty is the same as the Benoit one, where you're watching these events knowing what an insane toll it took on the talent.

That's actually a pretty cool listing.

COVID left me unemployed and social responsibility has me at home for 23 hours a day, yet I still haven't come close to re-subbing to the network during iso until I read that list of events.

That said... these ECW shows always look better on paper than they do on screen. It's not that I have a problem with garbage wrestling - I absolutely don't - the difficulty is the same as the Benoit one, where you're watching these events knowing what an insane toll it took on the talent.

that and it was a product of its time (25 years ago or thereabouts). plus the dubbing of licensed music means you lose a chunk of something that was ECW.

4 years of planning and all they can give us are 6 shows and 2 of them are compilations. Typical WWE. Overhype, underdeliver.

Since I got the network I’ve watched all the shows I missed as a kid so 1996-2001. Started with WWE and now checking WCW.

Watching the first year of NWO is incredible, the rest of Nitro is garbage but anything with NWO just feels like a big deal. Their theme music is perhaps the best theme music in wrestling history and Hollywood Hogan might be one of my favourite Heels ever already.

Since I got the network I’ve watched all the shows I missed as a kid so 1996-2001. Started with WWE and now checking WCW.

Watching the first year of NWO is incredible, the rest of Nitro is garbage but anything with NWO just feels like a big deal. Their theme music is perhaps the best theme music in wrestling history and Hollywood Hogan might be one of my favourite Heels ever already.

If WWE Network with all the good stuff (not the limited range it had at first) was around when I got back into wrestling over a decade ago I'm not sure how long I would've persisted with modern WWE. Be interesting to know how many subscribers even watch 2020 Raw and SmackDown.

If WWE Network with all the good stuff (not the limited range it had at first) was around when I got back into wrestling over a decade ago I'm not sure how long I would've persisted with modern WWE. Be interesting to know how many subscribers even watch 2020 Raw and SmackDown.
Watching through 1996-2011 wrestling just makes today’s wrestling just feel sad tbh. Wrestling was at its best taking big risks and going against the status quo and these days it’s all played safe and predictable.

Swagger
Confidence
Larger than life

Those where all traits shared with so many of the big wrestling stars of yester year and you would struggle to find many wrestlers these days that have even a single one of those traits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching through 1996-2011 wrestling just makes today’s wrestling just feel sad tbh. Wrestling was at its best taking big risks and going against the status quo and these days it’s all played safe and predictable.

It's stunning and yes sad to think how much WWE has changed. Late 90s-early 00s had low speed internet, no streaming, no social media, no reality TV (until it did). It was a young company, in spirit if not in fact. There was an energy to it. It tried new things and new wrestlers to get people watching.

It's completely flipped now. Being young and cool couldn't last but WWE little by little, year by year settled into going through the motions, not doing new things, actively sabotaging its performers, and not caring about getting an audience. Doesn't even pretend to care. How unbelievable it would seem if you went back in a time machine and told people what the future is.

Vince McMahon can't leave fast enough.

Last edited:
WCW Halloween Havoc 1998

I mean, I don't want to say "do yourself a favour"... but if anyone here has never seen it, it's one of the greatest must-watch train wrecks in wrestling history.

("I got my win back though brother!")

I mean, I don't want to say "do yourself a favour"... but if anyone here has never seen it, it's one of the greatest must-watch train wrecks in wrestling history.

("I got my win back though brother!")

Probably Goldbergs career best match on that card also!

Shame it didn’t make it to air on the night!

Is there a wrestling equivalent of Metacritic? Be useful to know which old PPVs are good, bad and somewhere in middle.

yZpxR0T.jpg

I hope no one at all watches the Matt Riddle one and it sends them a message...

Back