WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
also this year is 25 years since Rocky Maivia debuted at Survivor Series, so expect some Rock content this month.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
I couldn't sleep the other night and was flicking through the network and decided to watch the Hitman/Bulldog match from IYH5 in Dec 1995. Great match even though Bulldog looked like he was gurning bigtime. I forgot how much Hart bled in that one. I always thought he did it hard way but it seems like it had to have been a blade job. It's very weird listening to Vince on commentary back then knowing what I know about him now. Back then I thought he was just a goof, didn't realise he owned the whole shebang or that he would've been pissed with the blood. That era gets a bad rep but Bret Hart is my all time favourite so I have a soft spot for the new gen era. It was the Survivor Series 95 match against Diesel (first ever WWF table spot?) that got me back into wrestling all those years ago after a short hiatus.

I will have to rewatch their Summerslam 92 match next - I expect the Bulldog will be pulling similar faces considering Bret Harts account that he was smoking crack the day/night before their match.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
One thing I noticed in the network which I thought was strange - the poster for WMXII has Hart, Michaels, Taker, Diesel and Razor even though Scott Hall was suspended, wasn't even on the card and had already given his notice to leave for WCW. He was supposed to fight Goldust in the backlot brawl which Piper ended up stepping in for but why would they have not replaced him on the promo material? It seems really strange as I'm pretty sure they don't even mention him on the show.

One thing I noticed in the network which I thought was strange - the poster for WMXII has Hart, Michaels, Taker, Diesel and Razor even though Scott Hall was suspended, wasn't even on the card and had already given his notice to leave for WCW. He was supposed to fight Goldust in the backlot brawl which Piper ended up stepping in for but why would they have not replaced him on the promo material? It seems really strange as I'm pretty sure they don't even mention him on the show.

might be the original poster, like how the original poster for WM 2000 included Jericho (since he was at one point in the main event 4 corners match)

TTIOT

TTIOT
May 7, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
does anyone else wish that the wwe network would have more options for when you want to watch a video....

(e.g., to watch later, favourite, create playlist)

Is that Evil one on there now? I couldn’t find it. Someone on Twitter said it was for Peacock only, and not international network subscribers which is BS.
judging from the tweet several posts above, you might be correct. just stick it to them and watch it elsewhere ;)

What I need to know is if this means Binge will have live RAW and Smackdown or if that's Foxtel exclusive.

Great deal if it does.

Would have to be live, they already have delayed Raw/SD/NXT on both Binge and Kayo IIRC.

Would have to be live, they already have delayed Raw/SD/NXT on both Binge and Kayo IIRC.

Yep. Can be uploaded as early as a couple hours post show and occasionally not for up to a full 24-48 hours later.

I ditched Foxtel at the start of the year when they refused to offer me a new package and jumped onto Binge and Kayo.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
What I need to know is if this means Binge will have live RAW and Smackdown or if that's Foxtel exclusive.

Great deal if it does.

As part of the exclusive partnership, Foxtel will launch a stand-alone 24/7 WWE channel in December which will include all the entertainment brand’s premium live content, including marquee events Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 39.

Under the terms of the broadcast deal, the Foxtel Group’s 4.5 million subscribers will have access to WWE’s live events — which were previously only available via pay-per-view — on its stand-alone WWE channel, as well as Fox8.

BINGE executive director, Alison Hurbert-Burns, said: “We can’t wait to bring WWE’s unpredictable drama, larger-than-life personalities from past and present including Roman Reigns, Rey Mysterio, Ronda Rousey, John Cena and The Undertaker, along

with all the world-class WWE action to passionate Australian fans.”

Note: not the complete article.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
It's an interesting move. I'd love to know the economics of it - Australian subscribers, remnant PPV buyers, how much Binge are paying for it. It suggests that WWE doesn't have a huge market in Australia such that they're selling everything lock stock and barrel to a third party distributor.

It's more content for similar money (ie non wrestling content) as opposed to the Network, so it's good for viewers. It's yet another streaming service for people to deal with, and that's well beyond a critical mass in a condensed market like Australia.

Back