WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
I just thought I'd start a thread to discuss the WWE Network and decided to add a poll on who's interested in it.

The Details:

Tonight, Vince McMahon officially announced the highly anticipated WWE Network. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, John Cena and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin were all on hand for what was an amazing night of reveals. Featured below is everything we know about the WWE Network.

Release Date: February 24, 2014 immediately following Monday Night Raw.
Price: $9.99/month (USA)
-The WWE Network will have a 24/7 live stream with new original series, pay-per-view, weekly wrestling-based shows, and more. This includes brand new pre-shows and post-shows for every episode of Smackdown and Raw each week.
-All 12 of WWE's annual pay-per-views, including WrestleMania, will be included in the WWE Network. They will air live, and a "play from beginning" feature has been included so you can catch up whenever you want.
-Every single WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view in history will be available in the library at launch. WWE Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars and NXT will all be made available.
The following are new original series announced for the WWE Network:
-"WWE Legends House"
-"WrestleMania Rewind"
-"WWE Countdown"

-"The Monday Night War: WWE vs. WCW"

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
Here is WWE's entire library, just to show the potential

WWE history
  • Capitol Wrestling Corporation (1952-1963)
  • World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) (1963-1979)
  • World Wrestling Federation (WWF) (1979-2002)
  • World Wrestling Entertainment (2002-present)
Including the brands -
  • Raw (1993–present)
  • SmackDown (1999–present)
  • NXT (2010–Present)
  • ECW (2006-2010)
and the other acquired companies like
  • American Wrestling Association
  • Extreme/Eastern Championship Wrestling
  • World Championship Wrestling
  • Georgia Championship Wrestling
  • Ohio Valley Wrestling (1998-2008)
  • Deep South Wrestling (2005-2007)
  • Memphis Championship Wrestling (2000-2001)
  • Florida Championship Wrestling (2007-2012)
  • Smoky Mountain Wrestling
  • Stampede Wrestling
  • Ultimate Pro Wrestling (1998-2007)
  • Global Wrestling Federation
  • Maple Leaf Wrestling
  • World Class Championship Wrestling
Also,
  • Jim Crockett Promotions
Which includes...
  • Eastern States Championship Wrestling (1945-1973)
  • Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (1973-1988)
  • Central States Wrestling (c. early 1950s-1986)
  • Championship Wrestling from Florida (1961-1987)
  • Championship Wrestling from Georgia (1984-1985)
  • NWA Tri-State/Mid-South Wrestling/UWF (1950s-1987)

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
I'm quite interested in it, but what Australian involvement have they pledged? As most of these things are locked to the US only.

So far all we know is that we should have it around late 2014/early 2015

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Regarding the WWE network, I'm pretty confident you can do a workaround by making a US playstation account and watching it via ps3/4.

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I Jizzed lol! Seriously though, I never expected anything this good!! Every past WWE,WCW and ECW PPV and every current WWE PPV for only $9.99 (Not Australian price, but I guess it'll be close to it). Also every past RAW and Smackdown episode on demand!!! I'm hoping they also have every Nitro episode on demand as well. On top of that we get all the great territorial wrestling from the 60s 70s etc.... If you consider yourself a wrestling fan, then you wouldn't even hesitate in subscribing to the WWE network!! EPIC!!!! :D

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Does anyone know any good unlimited internet provider??
I currently have 200GB per month plan and that wouldn't be enough for when I get the network!! After all each past PPV download would be about 1.5GB!

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Does anyone know any good unlimited internet provider??
I currently have 200GB per month plan and that wouldn't be enough for when I get the network!! After all each past PPV download would be about 1.5GB!

Problem is, all providers in Australia that provide an "unlimited" service all offer a crappy quality of service too.

Anyway, IMO, the WWE Network is a decent idea, but they need to go the whole hog IMO (make their own cable channel, have one location to watch all their shows, and have full control over all their content) for it to really work. The only problem is that that pretty much rules out the casual fan though.

Suprised it has taken them so long to do something other than sporadic DVD releases with that massive tape library they have though.

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Problem is, all providers in Australia that provide an "unlimited" service all offer a crappy quality of service too.

Anyway, IMO, the WWE Network is a decent idea, but they need to go the whole hog IMO (make their own cable channel, have one location to watch all their shows, and have full control over all their content) for it to really work. The only problem is that that pretty much rules out the casual fan though.

Suprised it has taken them so long to do something other than sporadic DVD releases with that massive tape library they have though.

Agree. All the providers here in Aus that offer unlimited deals are s**t! It's really annoying.

it really varies each month. Average probably 150GB.

I'm around the same with Steam downloads, NBA league pass and other things. God knows how I'd fit WWE Network in as well.

Thankful that we're upgrading to 500GB cable early next week. About $20 more expensive than our old 200GB ADSL2+ plan (but it has speed boost as well which is $20 per month in and of itself). Should be fine after that. If the quality of their PPV streams are decent enough we wont need to purchase PPVs from Main Event so the monthly subscription will actually save us money.

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I'm around the same with Steam downloads, NBA league pass and other things. God knows how I'd fit WWE Network in as well.

Thankful that we're upgrading to 500GB cable early next week. About $20 more expensive than our old 200GB ADSL2+ plan (but it has speed boost as well which is $20 per month in and of itself). Should be fine after that. If the quality of their PPV streams are decent enough we wont need to purchase PPVs from Main Event so the monthly subscription will actually save us money.

Yeah I'm thinking of upgrading to a 500GB plan soon as well. Although I doubt ever 500GB is enough for the WWE Network!

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Good news - everything will be uncensored. There will be parental locks for parents that don't want their kids watching MA 15+ content!!! Chair shots, bra and panty matches, blood, hardcore and CHRIS ******* BENIOT!!! :D

Also I'm wondering if they'll have Over the Edge 1999?? I know they said every PPV, but I have my doubts that they'll include this one. If you don't know already, WWE never released Over the Edge 1999 on VHS due to the death of Owen Hart.

Good news - everything will be uncensored. There will be parental locks for parents that don't want their kids watching MA 15+ content!!! Chair shots, bra and panty matches, blood, hardcore and CHRIS ******* BENIOT!!! :D.

Every show featuring Chris Benoit will come with a warning before the show begins.

As far as OTE 1999 goes, I sincerely doubt it. I think what they're implying is every PPV the companies (WWF/E, WCW and ECW) released will be on the service.

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Every show featuring Chris Benoit will come with a warning before the show begins.

As far as OTE 1999 goes, I sincerely doubt it. I think what they're implying is every PPV the companies (WWF/E, WCW and ECW) released will be on the service.

Yep I heard about that 'Chris Beniot warning'. Not a problem since it'll only takes 3 seconds or so! It really is unnecessary IMO. If they were promoting him, then that would be completely different, but they're using him for historical purposes so really a warning before the show is unnecessary!

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
WWE PPV's in the US are $45. Apparently WWE get only $10 from that $45. So really WWE would be making a huge profit from the network. Think about it! WWE get around 200k for each of the 'B' PPV's but with the Network I'm positive that they'll get around 500k + subscribers!

Apr 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep I heard about that 'Chris Beniot warning'. Not a problem since it'll only takes 3 seconds or so! It really is unnecessary IMO. If they were promoting him, then that would be completely different, but they're using him for historical purposes so really a warning before the show is unnecessary!

I agree, but the WWE are trying to protect their ass. If they didn't, there would be such an outrage in the media.

Don't blame them, blame people just looking for something to complain about.

WWE PPV's in the US are $45. Apparently WWE get only $10 from that $45. So really WWE would be making a huge profit from the network. Think about it! WWE get around 200k for each of the 'B' PPV's but with the Network I'm positive that they'll get around 500k + subscribers!

that 200k are worldwide figures.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Luckily I have unlimited downloads and meters from the local ISP exchange. So whats the idea along the PS3/4 American Accounts, you can access them via there?

Also when will this be released in the US? I saw someone say late 14/15 but is that for Australia or US as well?

24th February for US. Australia and other countries get it late 14/early 15.

US Cable providers must run Ethihad. ;)

Sounds good though, assume its going to be slightly more expensive here (if NBA League pass is a guide).

Progressive move. Proxies FTW too.

Back