WWE Royal Rumble - 28th January 2019, 11am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing how Becky Lynch gets a title shot and wins the Royal Rumble (terrible) but Nia Jax has a better PPV showing than her somehow.

Extremely disappointing PPV. Absolute garbage Mens Rumble. Could be one of the worst of all time.

Crowd was dead from garbage wrestling all night.

I think everyone knew Seth was very likely to win.
But make it interesting have at least one guy he guy has issues with.
In this situation you had to have at least one probably two of Mcintyre Ambrose or Lashley there in the final four, at least make it interesting you lazy campaigners

Nothing to get Excited about.

Snooze Fest

The biggest cheers in the rumble were for Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio and beating up Nia Jax (which I was nervous about as she was heading in, but they handled pretty much perfectly).

Says a lot.

To be fair, they were probably exhausted, but that just means the shows need to be shorter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get in this day and age it's hard to keep anything a secret.

You have so many guys getting inside info on Twitter you'd think the WWE could spread some disinformation to create a faux surprise result to shock the fans.

Product is stale as *. Predicting mass cancellations after that Mens Rumble.

Maybe Cody should of joined WWE and won the rumble match, would of got much more from the crowd at the end than Rollins did.
-

Really hope the Rousey Lynch match at mania does add Charlotte, Rousey is improving so much in the tiny and having Charlotte involved along with the whole Lynch angle should make it one of the better mania main events we have had in a long time

I've not been watching a heap of WWE lately, but I keep up with it.

Firstly, I don't think the event was that bad. I thought both women's title matches were very good, I thought Bryan vs Styles was good (though suffered from being in the dead spot), and I thought both rumbles were very good.

Secondly, of course they were going to have a problem in the men's rumble, because neither brand has any over babyfaces. And assuming Bryan and Lesnar are still going to be champs at WM, obviously it had to be a babyface winning. That failing happened months ago though, it didn't happen tonight.

I don't know who should've won - perhaps it should've been used this year to give a huge push to someone like Andrade or even Aleistar Black and used it to try and get someone over. Especially as they have the luxury this year of it not having to be the main event, because they truly are ****ed if Rousey vs Becky doesn't go on last.

That's probably the biggest error they made tonight. Becky is easily the most over person in the company right now - putting the women's rumble on last should've been the obvious choice, and when no one from the SD tag match did double duty, that should've been used in the dead spot.

What a really average disappointing rumble that was.

Happy with both winners but hate they did the "take them out for an extended period" s**t with BOTH of them. Really didn't need it for either to be honest.

Mens rumble was cool to see some NXT guys, but was really expecting Dream. And aside from JJ, there were no legends/older guys in it. A lot of spots that could've been used for that instead.

And don't get me ******* started on Nia entering the match. That would've been an amazing time to introduce the Undisputed Era. Have them beat down Truth and have Cole enter.

Really disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back