WWE Royal Rumble - 28th January 2019, 11am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia Day public holiday, so let's get ready to Rumble! (Kick off show 9am AEDT, main show 11am AEDT)

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Finn Balor (WWE Universal Championship)
Daniel Bryan (c) vs AJ Styles (WWE Championship)
Ronda Rousey (c) vs Sasha Banks (RAW Women's Championship)
Asuka (c) vs Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women's Championship)
The Bar (c) vs The Miz & Shane McMahon (Smackdown Tag Team Championship)

30 man Royal Rumble for championship opportunity at Wrestlemania 35
(Drew McIntyre, The New Day, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Dean Ambrose, Samoa Joe, Bobby Lashley, Baron Corbin, Elias, Apolo Crews, Jinder Mahal, Andrade Cien Almas, Mustafa Ali, Rey Mysterio, Titus O'Neal, Randy Orton, R-Truth to enter at #30, + 11 unknown participants)

30 woman Royal Rumble for championship opportunity at Wrestlemania 35
(Natalya, Bayley, Ember Moon, The Riott Squad, Mandy Rose, Sonya DeVille, Alicia Fox, Zelina Vega, Mickie James, Naomi, Iiconics, Charlotte Flair, Tamina, Dana Brooke, Lana, Nia Jax, Nikki Cross, Alexa Bliss, Lacey Evans, Carmella to enter at #30, + 7 unknown participants)

Rusev (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura (US Championship, Kick off show)
Buddy Murphy (c) vs Kalisto vs Tozawa vs Hideo Itami (WWE Cruiserweight Championship, Kick off show)

Last edited:

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
Not sure what it is about the Rumble Match but I've loved it since I was a kid. Also looking forward to what the 2nd instalment of the Women's Rumble looks like.

Hopefully the build through January picks up a bit as the product through Nov/Dec has been pretty sh*te!

With Brock and Braun in a title match I'd like to see them give the W to Drew McIntyre. He's about the only one that I can see in a future world title fight with either of those two Raw monsters.

Is R-Truth and Carmella confirmed for #30 in each rumble? Prize for winning MMC? What are the chances both come in and go straight out!

Would be shocked if Lynch doesn't win Womens Rumble, dont rule out a dirty finish either with Charlotte.

Mens rumble very hard to predict, not sure it Rollins is still the plan but id hope its a Raw superstar this time, McIntyre i think is a good chance aswell.
I could see a Bret Hart/Luger style finish to the Womens Rumble. Then a triple threat at WM.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Buddy Murphy to defend Cruiserweight Championship against winners of qualifying matches

Kalisto vs. Lio Rush and Akira Tozawa vs. Drew Gulak are the qualifying matches set for next week's 205 Live. In two weeks, Cedric Alexander will face Hideo Itami in the final qualifier.

Will tear the house down if it's on the main card.
Would like two scenarios.
1. Murphy wins and gets to defend his title at Wrestlemania.
2. Murphy loses but then enters the Rumble and subsequently shows up on Raw or Smackdown along with Tony Neese and they jump straight into the tag title picture.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Will tear the house down if it's on the main card.
Would like two scenarios.
1. Murphy wins and gets to defend his title at Wrestlemania.
2. Murphy loses but then enters the Rumble and subsequently shows up on Raw or Smackdown along with Tony Neese and they jump straight into the tag title picture.
If Murphy is brought up to be in a tag team I would hope it’s with the others half of the mighty who stayed in the US

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
If Murphy is brought up to be in a tag team I would hope it’s with the others half of the mighty who stayed in the US

They could eventually do an Aussie stable the way things are going. There is enough talent in NXT and recently signed. Would probably be too 'easy' to just throw everyone from the same country together, but this is the WWE booking team we are talking about.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
I hope those that are in singles matches for world titles (Universal, WWE Championship, Cruiserweight Championship, or Women's Championships) don't enter the Rumble matches too. It just takes away from the believeability and the special-ness of the WrestleMania title shot opportunity (as well as the purpose of a singles match at Royal Rumble), when someone who has just had a shot at the title and lost, just jumps right in there for another opportunity minutes later. There's enough depth of talent for guys and gals to not need double duty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back