WWE Royal Rumble, Monday 1st February 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Ordered the network for 13.07 Maggle! Can't wait for Carlito's return and for entrant 22 to win it all.
Hello Wrestling Board, Carlito finally returned 6 years after my request. I am back, to discuss wrestling and booking and stuff.

Who am I kidding.

Signed up paid the subscription watched it and canceled it as soon as it finished.

I’ve either grown out of it or it’s just not interesting at all.

Perhaps both.

So that edge victory yeah..

Not the worst outcome, but two feuds that don’t really work imo.

Vs Drew and it will be simply a “dream match” as neither have any chance of turning heel.

vs Roman is more interesting, but again, doesn’t really work. They’ve never interacted in recent memory, haven’t even been on the same show (with edge not even being on tv and all..)
How do they get heat into this feud? Him wanting the head seat at the table? Roman bagging his missus?

in terms of feuds, Sheamus winning and going heel on Drew would have worked, Bryan or another baby face from SD going in as massive under dog against a Roman, AJ using Amos to win and face Drew, or even given the no crowd times, I would have been onboard with the idea of Roman coming in at 30 and just cleaning house.

But edge just feels, meh

-Have we had a triple threat main event since Bryan’s? Maybe something can be added there..?

Reigns beating KO was a joke. How many times do they have to have Reigns cheat to win?

Would have been epic to have AP come out and put Haymen down and KO snatch victory.

FWIW the ref deadset stopped counting after 6 as Hayman struggled to get the handcuffs off.. how bloody botched was that

Last edited:
Anyway I liked the win. I liked the finish, quick paced and good. Didnt need a 10 min match at the end. Would say Reigns is the right way to go. Hopefully Christian is back part time too. Obviously not the same with no crowd but enjoyed seeing Carlito etc., he is in my list of those guys who were supposed to be the next leaders of the pack but never became that for whatever reason. Him, MVP, Mr Kennedy, John Morrison

I don't have an issue with Edge winning but geez 47 year old winning from entry 1 isn't great for all the others on the card.

Loved the ending thought Orton was winning that great little twist.

Roman run has been unbelievable, I do wish KO got the win even for a couple weeks.

Good PPV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t a bad rumble until the finish. Clearly Keith Lee couldn’t be in due to Mia having covid and unsure about Jey Uso.

Not a fan of Edge winning especially from one.

Surely doesn’t go after Roman so hopefully we get a really decent chamber match involving Bryan Cesaro Rollins Nakamura Zayn and Owens??

Wasn’t a bad rumble until the finish. Clearly Keith Lee couldn’t be in due to Mia having covid and unsure about Jey Uso.

Not a fan of Edge winning especially from one.

Surely doesn’t go after Roman so hopefully we get a really decent chamber match involving Bryan Cesaro Rollins Nakamura Zayn and Owens??

Would be a solid EC.

I just hope it doesn’t end up being another Orton vs Edge match.

So you’re argument against is a younger person playing an actual sport? The guy is 47 and won from the #1 spot. I’m not the only one to question the decision.

I could accept Edge winning with Number between 20-30 but not Bloody Number 1.

Rather a Younger Talent win

Ugh.

I dunno what it was - everything was perfectly ok today. But that's all it was - ok. I'm not excited about anything leading up to WM. I don't really care who Edge faces. Despite the amazing 12 months he's had, I don't really care who Orton faces. I thought Roman vs Danielson was the most obvious match of all at WM, and I thought/hoped the easiest route to that was with Bryan winning today.

Shame about the Usos and Keith Lee, but I didn't really see Lee winning anyway.

The Rollins return was really obvious, Orton coming back at the end of the match was really obvious, and even though I was a fan of both Carlito and Hurricane during their runs, I wasn't excited about seeing either of them today. Give me Finn Balor or Adam Cole (bay bay) or Bronson Reed or even Drake Maverick or Santos Escobar (cos the LDF music is bangin).

Finally on the men's rumble - I know they booked him to look strong with all the eliminations, but they did bootleg Corbin no favours by having actual Corbin in the ring at the same time. I can't be the only one who sees absolutely nothing in Priest?

I'll have to go back and watch the women's match again, cos I got a phone call part way through it and didn't pause it. But I thought the end was ridiculously predictable, and for that reason - and for the fact that Rhea needs to be on the main roster - I hoped Rhipley was going to win. I also hate that a SD person won it. They never finished the Sasha/Bayley storyline, which I assumed was cos they were going to come back to it and blow off the biggest women's rivalry they have at WM. Now there's no route to that, cos Bianca challenging for the Raw title doesn't make any sense.

I did absolutely love Billie Kay :D

Other than that, everything was predictable. Doesn't make it bad, and a bit of predictability is to be expected at this time of the wrestling calendar, but it would've been nice if we'd been given some sort of surprise tonight beyond Victoria, Jillian Hall, Carlito and Hurricane.

(Oh, and he was already in the GI Bro gear looking like a badass - where was Booker in the rumble?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back