WWE Royal Rumble, Monday 27th January 2020, 11am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Current favourites (according to the bookies) to win the men's and women's Royal Rumble matches respectively are:
Roman Reigns and Shayna Baszler

What about the 2nd favorite in the mens match.
Could it happen?

Praying Shayna doesn't win. I don't want her anywhere near Wrestlemania. Would much rather see Sasha Banks win it and challenge Bayley. They can find Becky (I assume she will beat Asuka), another opponent, as long as it isn't Charlotte again.

Gambling companies do WWE betting. 99% sure WWE isn't involved.

Dunno if it was true or not, but I remember reading a gambling company ran a market on who would be the WWE champion at the end of 2001. Chris Jericho was apparently a rank outsider, and a few WWE writers got wind of it, decided to put some money on Y2J, and made a mint. :D

Dunno if it was true or not, but I remember reading a gambling company ran a market on who would be the WWE champion at the end of 2001. Chris Jericho was apparently a rank outsider, and a few WWE writers got wind of it, decided to put some money on Y2J, and made a mint. :D

It's WWE people betting somewhere, then the rest jumping on. Don't go out of my way to check (* gambling) but the wrestler with the best odds pretty much wins every year now. Thus spoiler tags having to be used.

It's WWE people betting somewhere, then the rest jumping on. Don't go out of my way to check (fu** gambling) but the wrestler with the best odds pretty much wins every year now. Thus spoiler tags having to be used.

To be fair Stevie Wonder could've seen who was going to win the Men's & Women's Rumbles in '18 & '19 from weeks out; this years Women's Rumble is actually the least predictable Rumble in years IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there's usually only 4-5 realistic winners in the field of 30 anyway

I can only think of 6-7 and most of them are remote chances

Raw:
-Seth Rollins
-Kevin Owens
-Cain Velasquez
-Tyson Fury

Smackdown:
-Roman Reigns
-Braun Strowman
-John Cena

Any markets for runners up? I reckon I'd almost bet my last dollar that Sasha will be runner up for the women's. Charlotte to be third.

If Ronda Rousey is coming back and/or the WWE is planning on debuting Shayna Baszler on Raw following the Rumble; then Askua has a very, very little chance of winning the title.

However; IF neither of those things happen I could see the WWE having Askua win and continuing this 'dominance' over Becky Lynch; with Lynch doing the 'redemption' storyline that's already started being built to overcome Askua at WrestleMania.

I'm mainly thinking this because outside of Rousey & Baszler, there's no one I can see 'bigger' than Askua that could challenge Becky Lynch (as I don't want to see Lynch/Charlotte again).

Where as on the Smackdown side (if we don't get Ronda returning & the whole 4HW match) it will be either Sasha Banks 'turning' on Bayley, Alexa Bliss or Carmella. The WWE loves Alexa Bliss (and she missed out on wrestling at WM last year) or the WWE could use the whole former 'Baymella' friendship on NXT with Carmella trying to 'bring Bayley back to the good side'.

If Ronda Rousey is coming back and/or the WWE is planning on debuting Shayna Baszler on Raw following the Rumble; then Askua has a very, very little chance of winning the title.

However; IF neither of those things happen I could see the WWE having Askua win and continuing this 'dominance' over Becky Lynch; with Lynch doing the 'redemption' storyline that's already started being built to overcome Askua at WrestleMania.

I'm mainly thinking this because outside of Rousey & Baszler, there's no one I can see 'bigger' than Askua that could challenge Becky Lynch (as I don't want to see Lynch/Charlotte again).

Where as on the Smackdown side (if we don't get Ronda returning & the whole 4HW match) it will be either Sasha Banks 'turning' on Bayley, Alexa Bliss or Carmella. The WWE loves Alexa Bliss (and she missed out on wrestling at WM last year) or the WWE could use the whole former 'Baymella' friendship on NXT with Carmella trying to 'bring Bayley back to the good side'.

Interesting... I actually hope they do it that way with Becky and Asuka if Ronda isn't coming back. I think it's going to be interesting to see what order the matches are in. Becky and Asuka would be a good opener again, so think that's logical. But then if the Men's rumble goes on before the women's than you can bet your house on Ronda returning.

I'm also wondering if they might run Becky v Asuka in between the two rumbles, but I hope not as I don't want them to get a tired crowd.

On Bayley and Sasha, what I think could happen is Bayley actually being the one to turn on Sasha, because she's paranoid or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back