WWE Royal Rumble, Sunday 29th January 2023, 12pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

I think SZ gets beat down every week until EC where he losers to Roman, probably another beat down the night after with KO finnally coming to the ring for the save and both embracing and going after the Tag Titles.

I can't see SZ ever beating Roman.

I also love Cody has the look and one of the best in ring talents you'll see, Gunther and Cody was sensational.

What I can't imagine is WWE allowing ex AEW star going over Roman it's the right move makes him into a superstar, can't imagine WWE putting the ego aside and allowing that.

Gunther vs Lesnar night 1 needs to happen if anyone wasn't sold on Gunther before the Rumble they have to be now.

Amazed by some of the criticism on here and on the socials - thought it was the best rumble in years.

Feels like the same people getting worked up by the lack of surprises would be complaining about part timers if the shoe was on the other foot.

Men's rumble (Gunther! Big hoss standoffs! Bork getting dumped!) and the main event the highlights for mine. But even the weaker stuff like Bray/LA Riot worked for me to some degree.

Amazed by some of the criticism on here and on the socials - thought it was the best rumble in years.

Feels like the same people getting worked up by the lack of surprises would be complaining about part timers if the shoe was on the other foot.

Men's rumble (Gunther! Big hoss standoffs! Bork getting dumped!) and the main event the highlights for mine. But even the weaker stuff like Bray/LA Riot worked for me to some degree.

Loved the Mens Rumble because the top talent seemed to come in earlier and stayed in longer.

Lesnar went early but that needed to happen for Lashley to have that impact.

Gunther and Cody final 2 was sensational.

I think SZ gets beat down every week until EC where he losers to Roman, probably another beat down the night after with KO finnally coming to the ring for the save and both embracing and going after the Tag Titles.

I can't see SZ ever beating Roman.

I also love Cody has the look and one of the best in ring talents you'll see, Gunther and Cody was sensational.

What I can't imagine is WWE allowing ex AEW star going over Roman it's the right move makes him into a superstar, can't imagine WWE putting the ego aside and allowing that.

Gunther vs Lesnar night 1 needs to happen if anyone wasn't sold on Gunther before the Rumble they have to be now.

I don't know that we're going to see either Sami or KO til Elimination Chamber. If they're going to sell the beat down the way they should, that's the least they should do. If they want to have them on the show and have repeated beatdowns they should have Solo and Jimmy going to Sami.

On WM... they're just getting so close 1000 days, and they were making such a big deal of it during the Rumble - I just can't see them switching it within a month of that number. I can see them wanting to, I can even see them considering taking one title off him. But 1000 is only 4 months away - so about 7 weeks after WM.

I think they can keep it hot til then with Sami & KO staying away til EC, with potentially Jey & Sami vs Jimmy & Solo at WM, with Cody potentially getting back to back shots at WM & Backlash. Then you have Sami get his shot as close to night 999 as you can after he's had to jump through a bunch of hurdles. Might as well just print your own money.

Might be reading more into it than I should, but I watched the end of the Rumble again and Paul Heyman's body language when they were beating up on Sami, especially when Roman was wailing on him with the chair, seemed to suggest that he thought they went too far with the beat down. Wonder if that could be another wrinkle in the story line, or just that he was cringing at the sheer brutality of it all.

Time will tell I guess.
I thought that too, but there he was grinning like the Cheshire Cat in that backstage vid

I think it proved perfectly why you don’t need colour. It absence didn’t take away from peoples emotions watching that one iota.

Colour lost its relevance in wrestling for me when every AEW wrestler would blade after a wristlock.
It would still work in WWE, given that’s it’s rare and without the absence of a ref stopping the match to try and stop the blood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing these audience numbers for the Rumble are the live airing on both channels?

I know so many people who watched the Royal Rumble on Foxtel.

Had people sending me text messages who don't know the rules (no spoilers) had to stay off the phone as I was an hour behind.

This is a great move by the company.

I know so many people who watched the Royal Rumble on Foxtel.

Had people sending me text messages who don't know the rules (no spoilers) had to stay off the phone as I was an hour behind.

This is a great move by the company.

I have mates who reckon they don’t watch it but seemingly know every little thing that happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Back