WWE Summerslam - Monday 20th August 2018 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Joe styles was epic. Dolph has no heat at all, that match even in smark city couldn't get a reaction.. main event was typical hopefully that's the last we see of Brock.

But damn AJ/Joe that delivered.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Not sure whats worse.

Becky being ignored AGAIN and putting the title back on Charlotte AGAIN.

Or over on the other brand a Rookie who can count her single matches on one ******* hand dominating the womens champ who didn't get a single move in.

As much as I hate Roman, I'm glad the bullshit that is Brock Lesnar is over.

I am sure after the match Rousey will give The Big Dog his arm back
After she has finished belting him with the soggy end

MtjA.gif
GIwlQ0G.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe AJ was great. Can't wait for that to keep going. Miz and Bryan too for that matter.

Pretty good PPV I thought. The crowd weren't really digging Rousey as much as I expected though. Then the main event was cool and had some nice moments but jeez it was just anti-climatic with Reigns winning. Why.

Dug the whole show and even dug the main event, but what the hell? It's like WWE WANT to piss off the fans at this point. It doesn't really worry me as I only tune in for the occasional PPV, but it would have been nice to see a Strowman win, or a heel Roman and Heyman, or something out of the box. A big angle to force people to stay tuned during the next period, which can often be pretty dire up until the Royal Rumble.

Also two champions intentionally disqualified themselves thus retaining their titles, exposing a massive flaw in the WWE make up. Not sure the WWE wants to keep doing this, cause I often think why doesn't the heel champ just intentionally DQ themself all the time.

Anyway, some thoughts on the show:
Miz vs Bryan was stiff and really good. Miz winning keeps the feud going, I'm hoping they get super serious and start doing some ultra personal matches leading to a Hell in a Cell match down the line.
The SmackDown Womens Title Match is underrated match of the night. The wrong person probably won, but Carmela really held her own and the crowd were right into Becky. Expecting a big feud between her and Flair.
Joe vs AJ was really, really good. Love the family involvement, gave the match a needed personal feel.
RONDA is an absolute beast. A weapon. She is superb in the ring too.
Seth Rollins vs. Dolph was probably match of the night. A great opener and they really lifted in the final minutes. Rollins winning was needed.
Demon Balor is cool.
Strowman vs Owens. Strange. It's sad seeing Owens bump like a mad man just to make Strowman look good. It'll backfire on Strowman, cause the fans like Owens.
Hardy vs Nakamura I skimmed through. Enjoyed the Swanton on the apron - looked painful as hell. Naka doesn't interest me in the slightest, have no idea how the fans get so behind him.
SD tag was really ramping up until the screwy finish. Made sense though. The New Day were a real threat and the Bludgeon Brothers shat themselves.
Main event could have been so much more.

7.5/10

Also two champions intentionally disqualified themselves thus retaining their titles, exposing a massive flaw in the WWE make up. Not sure the WWE wants to keep doing this, cause I often think why doesn't the heel champ just intentionally DQ themself all the time.
This didn't happen. They got disqualified sure but they didn't intentionally do it.

Bludgeon brothers were obviously pissed off that the new day were standing up to them after they'd run roughshod over the division, so they got fed up and out of anger they used their weapons.

If you really think AJ intentionally dq'ed himself then I don't know what to tell you. Joe insulted his family and AJ snapped.

And heel champs don't just dq themselves intentionally because it usually then leads to a match where if they get disqualified they lose their title.

This didn't happen. They got disqualified sure but they didn't intentionally do it.

Bludgeon brothers were obviously pissed off that the new day were standing up to them after they'd run roughshod over the division, so they got fed up and out of anger they used their weapons.

If you really think AJ intentionally dq'ed himself then I don't know what to tell you. Joe insulted his family and AJ snapped.

And heel champs don't just dq themselves intentionally because it usually then leads to a match where if they get disqualified they lose their title.

Bludgeon Brothers intentionally used the hammer to get out of the match, that is as intentional as it gets. It worked story wise, but sets a precedent that champions can just use a weapon when they may come close to losing their titles, and there were no repercussions tonight for AJ or the Bludgeon Bros (which I think there will be on SmackDown, but still). Yeah AJ flipped, but if a heel flipped it's not OK?

Really strong show I reckon, finally got around to watching it tonight.

Ziggler Vs Rollins was fantastic.
Joe and Styles was also brilliant, and I really loved the finish. ‘Daddy you’re bleeding’ was gold, I expect that to be big in their promo packages to come.
Miz and Bryan was also great, but had a bit of a lull in the middle, and the crowd were basically dead. I loved the start of the match how they weren’t having a traditional wrestling match, and we’re just going for closed fists. Was actually a really stiff match. The finish fell a bit flat with the crowd though. Looking forward to it continuing.
Demon Balor was good fun, but I personally don’t like the ‘alter ego’ mythical sort of thing, I’d much prefer it just to be his warpaint for the big matches. Still do all the theatrics, just a little less of the ‘ooh I’m a literal demon’ stuff.
Skipped most of Hardy and Nakamura mainly because I had heard about the apron Swanton spot, that was savage. God Hardy’s matches are hard to watch though, a kinshasa to Hardy give me a headache just watching.
Didn’t watch the Rousey match, cbf.
Main event is what it is. Was bound to happen at some point.
Solid PPV.

The crowd didn't react to the finish of Miz winning. I guess Maryse passing the knucks didn't come across in the arena.

Such a long show, nearly 5 hours. Impossible for the crowd to react to everything. Thought they were pretty good throughout, though. They didn't even completely s**t all over the Main Event, either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back