WWE SummerSlam, Sunday 6th August 2023, 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Judgement Day stuff is exactly why he should go over to SmackDown. Owens and Sami are Raw talent as well.

After Jey, what's left for Roman? Even doing a part time schedule not much left to stretch out to Mania.

If they're bringing Rock back to face Roman at Mania, it doesn't need the title. Have Roman drop it to Cody before then.

Finish the story part 2?

Nah. Won't happen.

Finish the story part 2?

Nah. Won't happen.

Isn't it "the story doesn't finish"? Lol

Do you honestly think they're making it Rock vs Roman for the title next year? Has to be Cody either before the end of year or Mania.

Isn't it "the story doesn't finish"? Lol

Do you honestly think they're making it Rock vs Roman for the title next year? Has to be Cody either before the end of year or Mania.

Didn't say it had to be The Rock. Saying it shouldn't be Cody. I'd rather see Seth instead of Cody again.

Love MMA but it doesn't work integrating it into pro wrestling. When you have someone getting kneed in an MMA rules fight but not following it up with a finish, takes you out of it.

Same thing with Brock's Kimura....camera pointing at ribs that can easily be attacked with free hand and the opponent does nothing.

Everyone knew Ronda is going and crowd doesn't have an interest in MMA, so was rightly dead for it.

Love MMA but it doesn't work integrating it into pro wrestling. When you have someone getting kneed in an MMA rules fight but not following it up with a finish, takes you out of it.

Same thing with Brock's Kimura....camera pointing at ribs that can easily be attacked with free hand and the opponent does nothing.

Everyone knew Ronda is going and crowd doesn't have an interest in MMA, so was rightly dead for it.
Nothing wrong with it really ? I mean wrestling incorporates exploding rings , cage matches, ladders etc it’s not the worst stuff I’ve seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with it really ? I mean wrestling incorporates exploding rings , cage matches, ladders etc it’s not the worst stuff I’ve seen.

I think the point is don't pretend to be something you're not. If you're an MMA fan and a pro wrestling fan, it just comes across as making a mockery of the sport.

Wrestling is meant to be dumb and outlandish.

I think the point is don't pretend to be something you're not. If you're an MMA fan and a pro wrestling fan, it just comes across as making a mockery of the sport.

Wrestling is meant to be dumb and outlandish.

Pretty much.

My taste in wrestling is more traditional than most of this board, hell, Fast and Furious is a guilty pleasure of mine so I'm not going to criticise people for liking the more silly stuff.

When you bring something from a sport that's clearly legit, takes you clearly out of the fantasy stuff you're meant to be watching.

It's like UFC having just done the 'BMF' title again last week. Both can inspire presentation in the other - but keep the in ring-cage stuff seperate.

Brock does the MMA/wrasslin mix perfectly.

If it were an MMA fight, he‘d never leave Cody alone for a second.
But they found the perfect “out” by constantly having Brock offer him an easy way out by countout.

The only single issue I had with that match was Cody probably recovering a bit too quickly/too much after 2 F5s, including one through a table.

But happy to cancel that out due to the fact it was a pretty old skool “basic” wrestling match, right down to busting through the announcers desk without first setting it up.

edit: btw, Logan Paul is quickly becoming one of my favourite wrestlers now he’s leant into being a cocky heel (when he first turned up, you could see he was shattered to be booed). He has so much talent, and that match was a great “in ring credibility” to add to his portfolio. Not to mention his nods to the greats - he truly grew up enjoying his wrestling it seems.
I admire the respect he clearly has for Ricochet - I mean he clearly was entitled to a clean victory, but I reckon the brass knucks were a respectful way out

100% could see him headlining a Mania down the track

North up and about early though.

Yeah already switched over. Probably will mirror SummerSlam, start really well and then fade away over 3 hours haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back