WWE SummerSlam - Sunday August 22nd 2021. 10am AEST

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jesus that yeah/boo punch battle near the end looked really bad. Not a single one got close to landing, heaps of daylight.
I’d be annoyed if I saw that at my local NAW show in Sunshine, but the finish for the main event at summerslam? Lol

Return of the year for me.
1629606894054.png

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great another part timer for Super Roman. It’s all building up to the Rock vs Roman at wrestlemania. The only decent part timer they have rehired has been edge.

I suppose that they will bring back Hulk Hogan to face Roman next.

just reading the match reports made me pleased I didn’t watch.

Great another part timer for Super Roman. It’s all building up to the Rock vs Roman at wrestlemania. The only decent part timer they have rehired has been edge.

I suppose that they will bring back Hulk Hogan to face Roman next.

just reading the match reports made me pleased I didn’t watch.

Hogan doesn't job, brother

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
I'm far from an AEW mark, in fact the only ppv I've watched really since Covid has been Mania this year. But anyone saying Brock's return is a bigger moment than Punk is delusional. Brock vs Reigns for the 1000th time is hardly riviting to me. And don't forget it's just a placeholder until Reigns vs Rock at Mania (I'm guessing).

Show was ok though, crowd makes a big difference. Edge vs Rollins easily MOTN, Edge has looked amazing in his return. He was my favourite back in 07 when I started watching wrestling and is still one of the GOATs to me!

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm far from an AEW mark, in fact the only ppv I've watched really since Covid has been Mania this year. But anyone saying Brock's return is a bigger moment than Punk is delusional. Brock vs Reigns for the 1000th time is hardly riviting to me. And don't forget it's just a placeholder until Reigns vs Rock at Mania (I'm guessing).

Show was ok though, crowd makes a big difference. Edge vs Rollins easily MOTN, Edge has looked amazing in his return. He was my favourite back in 07 when I started watching wrestling and is still one of the GOATs to me!

I love Punk but he is a star , Brock is a super star.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I have probably watched the Punk return at least 6 times. Still gives me goose bumps. Watched the Becky Lynch return once is enough. Have zero interest in Brock’s return.

I might go back and rewatch Punk’s return. Just to boost them numbers up

There was only 1 issue I had with the Becky return, burying their current champion, and getting a shot at the title without wrestling even once.

Really don’t like that in WWE. Seriously it’s even an easy fix. Have a rule, that’s mentioned by the commentary, saying multi-champions can challenge for a title at any time.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There was only 1 issue I had with the Becky return, burying their current champion, and getting a shot at the title without wrestling even once.

Really don’t like that in WWE. Seriously it’s even an easy fix. Have a rule, that’s mentioned by the commentary, saying multi-champions can challenge for a title at any time.

It’s why I find it hard watching WWE these days. People just show up and demand a title shot and get it. They just ignore the talent they have. Wrestlers such as Cesaro, Richochet, kross, John Morrison, Shinsake, deserve better than their current booking.

Cesaro stuffed up, he should have left when his contract was up earlier this year. He is just going to go back to being a jobber again. His in ring talent is just too good for that.

Im enjoying AEW more than WWE. I love that they quite often make it that you have to earn your title

Back