WWE SUPER SHOW -MCG October 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps it's legit but got released too early? So trying to downplay it.. Surely no need for SCSA though, already has a big match feel to it.

seeing 2 has-beens who are past it, and knowing they're saving the good stuff for the tag match in Saudi Arabia?

Not for 10yrs or so. Different generation who may have watched past matches now get a chance to see the two in person for the first time.

Yes the new generation will see them for the First time but most AE fans went between 04 -10 I know did. Taker angle 04, Batista and benoit vs Hhh and flair 05 plus the multiple Brisbane battle royales.

The AE generation never saw Scsa live in Australia would sell some more tickets if he came.

Yes the new generation will see them for the First time but most AE fans went between 04 -10 I know did. Taker angle 04, Batista and benoit vs Hhh and flair 05 plus the multiple Brisbane battle royales.

The AE generation never saw Scsa live in Australia would sell some more tickets if he came.
Has SCSA ever been on a card for an aussie show?

A few websites reporting Nakamura will issue an open challenge on the night expecting a certain masked man to accept it.

I bloody hope Balor will be there, it's the main reason my son wants me to take him. He'll be pretty upset if he's not there (though he's on the advertising so you'd have to assume? Though there's always the "card subject to change" asterisk)

I bloody hope Balor will be there, it's the main reason my son wants me to take him. He'll be pretty upset if he's not there (though he's on the advertising so you'd have to assume? Though there's always the "card subject to change" asterisk)

No doubt they throw him into some multi man match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No orton or hardy yet either probably thrown into the battle royal im hoping to roode and his full entrance.

WWE pushes many myths. One is Triple H is a big star like The Rock and Steve Austin. It's bullshit. Nobody who isn't a wrestling fan cares about Triple H. This is partly why his main event with Superannuationtaker hasn't got this anywhere close to selling out.

A few websites reporting Nakamura will issue an open challenge on the night expecting a certain masked man to accept it.

So he's losing clean to 43-year-old Rey Mysterio. Nakamura is Bray Wyatt and Jinder Mahal minus the title reign.

So he's losing clean to 43-year-old Rey Mysterio. Nakamura is Bray Wyatt and Jinder Mahal minus the title reign.

How dare a 43-Year old face returning to the WWE beat a young up & coming 38 year old :think:

How dare a 43-Year old face returning to the WWE beat a young up & coming 38 year old :think:
Are you the guy who defends the Bella Twins because their reality show gets okay ratings?

So instead of actually explaining what you meant by Shinsuke Nakamura having to lose to Rey Mysterio, you randomly attack a comment I previously made in a different thread months ago?

I still stand by my statement that I understand why the Bella Twins are featured in the WWE, from memory I made the comment following their appearance in the Royal Rumble. Both Nikki & Brie have brand recognition and name value (in part because of their role in two reality TV shows) and have sold more merchandise than any other female talent in WWE history.

Yes Brie has returned to wrestling out of ring shape, admittedly she was never the best in-ring performer to begin with-- but the incident with Liv Morgan was an accidental botch. Even the best wrestlers have accident's in the ring occasionally--- Seth Rollins botched a move at SummerSlam two years ago and injured Finn Balor, one of the greatest technical wrestlers of the 90's in Owen Hart dropped Steve Austin wrong and broke his neck.

But I understand why the Bella are currently being featured in the spot they are on Raw. Ronda Rousey needs a new legitimate opponent for the Evolution PPV and there isn't many options for that role. Ronda has already faced Nia Jax & Alexa Bliss; facing one of Alexa's 'buddies' in Mickie James or Alicia Fox would look like a step down; Ember Moon, Dana Brooke & The Riott Squad aren't over enough to be title contenders; both Bayley & Sasha Banks are being kept away from Ronda for the inevitable WWE Horsewomen Vs MMA Horsewoman feud and you can't turn Natalya heel after her father passed away.

I can guarantee you that originally Ronda Vs Natalya was the plan for Evolution, but following Jim Neidhart's passing they had to think of a plan B-- that's why the Bellas returned at SummerSlam, so that they can replace Natalya as Ronda's friend, teaming with her at Super Show Down before Nikki turns on Ronda and faces her at Evolution.

Yes that match doesn't particularly interest me, nor could I imagine that it would be popular around here-- but the 'internet fans' aren't they're intended market for Evolution. A Ronda Vs Nikki Bella match will be Ronda's highest profile match in the mainstream media since Wrestlemania, it will attract casual viewers to watch which is what the WWE wants.

The WWE doesn't expect you to watch all of their content anymore--that's why there's so much of it so you can pick and choose what you like. But the wider the audience they can gain through different content is what is appealing to TV rights holders, to the stadium deals and to the advertisers.

The WWE is making more money now than any time in it's history and if that means they will have events like Super Show Down here in Melbourne more often, that's a good thing in my opinion even if we have to sit through matches that feature talent like the Bella Twins.

So apparently I'm not allowed to bring a back pack in to the G for this show. I understand they want to force people into buying the crappy food at the ground but when you're taking kids with you for 6 or 7 hours from leaving to coming home there's a few things I might need to bring that I don't want to carry around as loose items.

If you’d had told me ten years ago that WWE would have a PPV equivalent show at the MCG and I wouldn’t even be bothered to get a ticket I’d be so dissapointed in myself that I’d lost touch with my childhood love.

Keep in mind WWE wasn’t particuarly good ten years ago either. What the * have they become?

If you’d had told me ten years ago that WWE would have a PPV equivalent show at the MCG and I wouldn’t even be bothered to get a ticket I’d be so dissapointed in myself that I’d lost touch with my childhood love.

Keep in mind WWE wasn’t particuarly good ten years ago either. What the **** have they become?
I keep up with the results and still watch NXT, but just haven't been bothered to watch Smackdown or especially Raw. Raw looks crap, Smackdown looks better and way more interesting but I just can't be bothered to watch through the same sterilized matches any more.

So apparently I'm not allowed to bring a back pack in to the G for this show. I understand they want to force people into buying the crappy food at the ground but when you're taking kids with you for 6 or 7 hours from leaving to coming home there's a few things I might need to bring that I don't want to carry around as loose items.

Yeah very annoying. As long as you bring a clutch bag that is under A4 size you will be ok! o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back