WWE TLC - Monday 17th December 2018, 11am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange show. Just finished it.

Rollins vs Ambrose was a good match that told a great story and the biggest surprise was the audience absolutely shitting on it. Didn't see that coming at all.

I'm intrigued by this perspective! I skipped through it and I feel the crowd shat on it because it was a really low tempo match. Rest holds and stuff shouldn't be what this feud was. I really just found that so weird, surely both workers are smarter than to plot out a match like that after what this feud was supposed to be?

Ambrose turned his back on Rollins after Reigns announced he has cancer!! And he finally gets the chance to get revenge!! And he gets him in a chin lock!!!

I'm intrigued by this perspective! I skipped through it and I feel the crowd shat on it because it was a really low tempo match. Rest holds and stuff shouldn't be what this feud was. I really just found that so weird, surely both workers are smarter than to plot out a match like that after what this feud was supposed to be?

Ambrose turned his back on Rollins after Reigns announced he has cancer!! And he finally gets the chance to get revenge!! And he gets him in a chin lock!!!

Agree with that 100% but I have a theory on it.
They were handicapped by it being a singles match. I thought for sure there would be a stipulation to allow a big beat down as you mentioned.
They may be having a series of matches over the next few months and perhaps this was the 'beginning' phase. A more straight up and down match to lay the basis for the story.
As for saying it told a great story, Ambrose won the mind game just as he said he would. He was methodical in taking apart the leg of Seth, while Seth was all over the place because his emotions got the better of him. In hindsight, in a singles match, there was ZERO chance Rollins was winning this. Everything Ambrose said would happen is what happened. Rollins in his fragile mental state beating Dean clean in a one on one wrestling match would have felt against the grain of where these two characters had come from to get to their match on Sunday.

BUT, I agree 100% that it probably should have been an all out war if you wanted the proper pay off at TLC. This was as close to Orton vs Triple H at Wrestlemania 25 as I have seen since that night. A really good match completely shat on (arguably rightfully so), because the story definitely called for something more violent. But as for the match itself, it was technically quite good and told it's own, albeit undesired story.

Agree with that 100% but I have a theory on it.
They were handicapped by it being a singles match. I thought for sure there would be a stipulation to allow a big beat down as you mentioned.
They may be having a series of matches over the next few months and perhaps this was the 'beginning' phase. A more straight up and down match to lay the basis for the story.
As for saying it told a great story, Ambrose won the mind game just as he said he would. He was methodical in taking apart the leg of Seth, while Seth was all over the place because his emotions got the better of him. In hindsight, in a singles match, there was ZERO chance Rollins was winning this. Everything Ambrose said would happen is what happened. Rollins in his fragile mental state beating Dean clean in a one on one wrestling match would have felt against the grain of where these two characters had come from to get to their match on Sunday.

BUT, I agree 100% that it probably should have been an all out war if you wanted the proper pay off at TLC. This was as close to Orton vs Triple H at Wrestlemania 25 as I have seen since that night. A really good match completely shat on (arguably rightfully so), because the story definitely called for something more violent. But as for the match itself, it was technically quite good and told it's own, albeit undesired story.

Yeah cool, I get where you're coming from. I just have grown bored of Seth selling the leg all the time tbh.

I do wonder if the feud will continue much longer.. we've got the Rumble now and then onto Mania where Seth is supposed to be featured higher than Ambrose. I would have assumed Seth would win the Rumble but we'll see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back