WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion Part 4 [SPOILERS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribblin'

wwe-raw-20120228025435443-000.jpg

Anyone get the feeling this story line will work out to be similar to MVP? Goes on a massive losing run, turns face and wins midcard title?

...to then fall into a pit of obscurity? Definitely. Ruined MVP's career. That story line failed because when MVP finally did win it was used to get Triple H over which really doesn't surprise me in the least, he then went on to be one of the first eliminated in the rumble (for the storyline to work he should've won) and then flailed around as a face until leaving the company. I think I'm one of the few that will fight for MVP's talent, when he came in as the highest paid to superstar to when he teamed with Matt Hardy he was extremely entertaining with a fantastic gimmick that worked.

I find Drew largely the same, had a great gimmick as "the chosen one" but is much more bland than MVP imo. Personally the only way I could see them salvage this storyline is if Drew could recapture his "lost agression". Imagine if he was sulking backstage on raw about getting fired and then in walks Roddy Piper who starts revving drew up, trying to get him angry, starts slapping him and spurring him on, reminds him of past glory etc. Gets on a winning streak and starts injuring opponents with "devastating" moves like ramming opponents into the steel ringposts and Future shock DDT's on exposed concrete, even winning matches by knock out and refs calling off the bout. Teddy has his hands tied and is forced to re-hire McIntyre because of he's back on the winners list but continues fued with him due to his "reckless ways."

Sadly the likely option is that McIntyre will not be seen until after Wrestlemania and will return as a sexually ambiguous playboy. Damn WWE:(

The reason MVP was given the losing streak from memory was to test wether he was loyal to the company as there were rumblings he was looking around other companies for work.

They wanted to see if he would stick out a huge losing streak and then he was to be awarded a title and a push or something.

I dont think the situation is the same with Drew however.

LOL- Santino new US champion- beat swagger, but both Johnny ace and Teddy Long were interfering in the match...

Would guess we will have Otunga v Santino somewhere, maybe WM- and probably some sort of conclusion to the Long-Lauranitas sl.

Rock supposedly up next with a history lesson....Actually pretty good- almost old Rock.....talking about the Boston Tea Party and tossing Cena's trash (WWE Shop crap- shirt, shorts, wristband, alarm clock, cologne) into Boston Harbor.

Tag team later- who didn't see this coming: Punk and Sheamus v Bryan and Jericho. Wonder if Jericho will actually wrestle?

Will give Rock credit- his history lessons are on the mark- and he is pushing the envelops on the PG meter. Better having him on his own than with Cena- though apparently they will be together in the ring by the end of the show.

Folks in Boston have not had much wrestling....US title match, diva match and the tag team (pretty good- Jericho pinned Punk- Punk rolled through the Walls of Jericho, but Jericho kept it going and got Punk....

Sheamus and Bryan? Meh....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally the only way I could see them salvage this storyline is if Drew could recapture his "lost agression". Imagine if he was sulking backstage on raw about getting fired and then in walks Roddy Piper who starts revving drew up, trying to get him angry, starts slapping him and spurring him on, reminds him of past glory etc. Gets on a winning streak and starts injuring opponents with "devastating" moves like ramming opponents into the steel ringposts and Future shock DDT's on exposed concrete, even winning matches by knock out and refs calling off the bout. Teddy has his hands tied and is forced to re-hire McIntyre because of he's back on the winners list but continues fued with him due to his "reckless ways.

With you saying that now, makes me think a certain main eventer on SmackDown with a bit of backstage pull might have had a word to creative about Drew and some glaring similarities....

The Rock's segments through the streets were some "vintage Rock" moments, but again, Cena got the upper hand in the ring IMO...

Borrowing from the Rock, stripping away all the external crap and just watching the fued on it's merits, I am enjoying it TBH... :thumbsu:

It's good that Cena actually looks interested for the first time since MITB but I wish he would stop acting so defensively and like a smark. You call me fruity pebbles? Hey, I'll embrace it and appear on the cereal box! I look stupid, don't I? You don't need to boo me, I know I look silly! Kneepads just to talk? LOL right? You're comparing me to a Chinese takeaway that is ubiquitous in the US? inorite!

He keeps trying to take the piss out of himself to try and sympathise himself with the crowd. It's really not necessary. He also takes the piss out of Rock and tries to bring him down to his level rather than trying to build him up so both stars look good and both go over.

SCSA vs. Rock and Hogan vs. Rock was awesome because they both built each other up and acted like s**t was about to explode at a moment's notice. Cena just spends his time smirking and trying to drag Rock from superstar level down to ordinary star level so Cena looks good.

Also said it last week but Dwayne Johnson is Dwayne Johnson outside the WWE ring. Inside, it's The Rock. No-one wants to see Dwayne vs. John. Just like no-one would pay a single buck to watch Steve Williams vs. Dwayne Johnson. Cena has done more to ruin kayfabe than any wrestler ever and that's because he's so keen to highlight his make-a-wish granting, WWE developmental training, goody two-shoes self as the same guy as the stale **** in the ring to try and silence the boos.

It's good that Cena actually looks interested for the first time since MITB but I wish he would stop acting so defensively and like a smark. You call me fruity pebbles? Hey, I'll embrace it and appear on the cereal box! I look stupid, don't I? You don't need to boo me, I know I look silly! Kneepads just to talk? LOL right? You're comparing me to a Chinese takeaway that is ubiquitous in the US? inorite!

He keeps trying to take the piss out of himself to try and sympathise himself with the crowd. It's really not necessary. He also takes the piss out of Rock and tries to bring him down to his level rather than trying to build him up so both stars look good and both go over.

SCSA vs. Rock and Hogan vs. Rock was awesome because they both built each other up and acted like s**t was about to explode at a moment's notice. Cena just spends his time smirking and trying to drag Rock from superstar level down to ordinary star level so Cena looks good.

Also said it last week but Dwayne Johnson is Dwayne Johnson outside the WWE ring. Inside, it's The Rock. No-one wants to see Dwayne vs. John. Just like no-one would pay a single buck to watch Steve Williams vs. Dwayne Johnson. Cena has done more to ruin kayfabe than any wrestler ever and that's because he's so keen to highlight his make-a-wish granting, WWE developmental training, goody two-shoes self as the same guy as the stale **** in the ring to try and silence the boos.

This :thumbsu:

Thrillho hit the nail on the head! I love The Rock and still call him The Rock regardless of him going back to Dwayne in movies. When he's in the ring he isn't Dwayne he is the Jabroni beating, Pie eating The Rock.

This match better live up to the hype in terms of the finish, The Rock doesnt deserve to be Supermaned!

Side note, WWE12, Rock is a downloadable content!!! :D

I'll go with the crowd and support what you have here- up to the last part, where I have to pose the question:

Is the fault with Cena or the WWE for his character? In other words, how much say does he have in how the character is set out for the audience? This is not knocking him or the WWE- but it seems to me that the WWE would get a whole lot of good pub by having Cena the way he is- so they might be the ones pushing the envelope more here. I think Cena obviously has some input, but my suspicion is that the WWE has much more say in this.

I'll go with the crowd and support what you have here- up to the last part, where I have to pose the question:

Is the fault with Cena or the WWE for his character? In other words, how much say does he have in how the character is set out for the audience? This is not knocking him or the WWE- but it seems to me that the WWE would get a whole lot of good pub by having Cena the way he is- so they might be the ones pushing the envelope more here. I think Cena obviously has some input, but my suspicion is that the WWE has much more say in this.

Both parties need to take fault.

WWE have apparently resisted any overtures to turn Cena heel and no doubt are the architects behind Supercena vs. Heel #156 with no heels ever being built up as credible challengers to Cena and eventually going over him.

WWE have to take responsibility for Supercena because they're the ones who book the show so Cena always wins at the end of Raw and send the Lil Jimmies home happy.

But they don't book the entire matches and they don't book how Cena acts during a promo. Is it too much to ask for Cena to mix up his five moves? For him to sell a feud and don't pander to the crowd and stand there with a cheesy grin no-selling everything his opponent is saying. His vignette in the empty stands was pretty good, but he completely undermined it by coming out grinning, taking the piss out of himself in a lame attempt to stop the crowd from doing it, no-selling The Rock's promo and basically just standing there like it's a big laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back