WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine how good a heel Roman vs face Joe rivalry would be, the promos and matches would be top quality

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Joe yes. Roman no. Joe has the in ring skills to back up his promo’s. Roman doesn’t have the same in-ring ability. Roman is just an updated version of Hulk Hogan from the 80’s. Where the matches are both average and predictable.

Probably in the minority but I am bloody enjoying Crews and Azeez with the Nigerian gimmick. Zayn doing some bloody awesome work to. They should add Nakamura to that IC scene

I’ll join you in the minority then. I think he’s been fantastic. Certainly a highlight for me during SmackDown. Far and away more entertaining than generic wrestler #46 he portrayed beforehand.
I really wish there was a lot more over the top characters like this.

Thought I was going to hate Apollo Crews new gimmick but he's found his niche and has been hitting home runs.

Has worked with good talent in the past and has been blander than the food at the old folks home.

Good on him. The in-ring ability has been there just didn't know how to put the performance to the cameras/crowd.

Joe yes. Roman no. Joe has the in ring skills to back up his promo’s. Roman doesn’t have the same in-ring ability. Roman is just an updated version of Hulk Hogan from the 80’s. Where the matches are both average and predictable.
Not going to dispute that Joe is better, but to say Roman's matches are average is... odd.

Can't remember his last bad match since his seemingly never-ending feud with Corbin pre-heel turn last year.

I’ll join you in the minority then. I think he’s been fantastic. Certainly a highlight for me during SmackDown. Far and away more entertaining than generic wrestler #46 he portrayed beforehand.
I really wish there was a lot more over the top characters like this.

Im with you I understand everything went a lot more reality wise as in "Real" names but still think there is room for characters and as you said over the top characters. Enjoying Crews/Azeez, they had the potential to do something awesome with Rowan but dropped the ball with the horrible spider stuff.

Back in the day you had Kane, Taker, Goldust, The Godwins, Headbangers, DOA, Nation, Hakushi, Gangrel, Barbarian ect lot of variety and sure there was some stuff that was pure s**t but right now you can throw a blanket over the majority of the rosters and say they are all just generic.

Corbin, Xavier Woods, Adam Pearce etc on twitter talking about a possible King of the Ring tournament down the line.

it would be good if the winner gets a championship match, rather than some hokey looking crown! Loved the original concept of a wrestler having to win multiple matches in a night to receive the title/moniker

Not going to dispute that Joe is better, but to say Roman's matches are average is... odd.

Can't remember his last bad match since his seemingly never-ending feud with Corbin pre-heel turn last year.

fair enough, I have just never got the appeal of Roman, to me his matches generally have no variety. It’s a lot like how I felt about Braun Strowman, so I didn’t see Strowman has a huge loss by releasing him.

Rock: You've disgraced the family
Roman: Nah, fam. You disgraced it by selling out and making B-grade movies. I carried on the family legacy.

Not quite but on a similad vein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back