Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reigns has opened his mouth again 😂

Even if Punk has lost a step or 2, Punk still beats him on the mic, and has the better matches.

these comments from Roman are right up there with Seth, trying to compare bank accounts with Will Osprey over who the best wrestler was a couple of years ago.

Mate it's obviously a semi in character interview. Let's not pretend the guys over on aew don't dont do the same thing.

Last edited:

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm

Even if Punk has lost a step or 2, Punk still beats him on the mic, and has the better matches.

these comments from Roman are right up there with Seth, trying to compare bank accounts with Will Osprey over who the best wrestler was a couple of years ago.

Yea he's in character here (head of the table heel obviously) and been asked a question in an interview. Bit different to Seth suddenly deciding to start carrying on like a d!ck on twitter. And he was meant to be a baby face.

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC

Our Tribal Chief speaking the truth once again.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mate it's obviously a semi in character interview. Let's not pretend the guys over on aew don't dont do the same thing.

I thought it was a good semi shoot. Both seem passionate about their respective companies and that’s a good thing. I like the banter as it reminds me of the Monday Night Wars when wrestling was at its peak.

Roman acknowledging AEW at every opportunity is great for wrestling.

10 years ago for example the best you'd get is Jericho on RAW doing the Hogan ear taunt in a match while Impact was on at the same time. Even that was edited out of the show when it aired delayed in other places.

I thought it was a good semi shoot. Both seem passionate about their respective companies and that’s a good thing. I like the banter as it reminds me of the Monday Night Wars when wrestling was at its peak.
We have to remember too that a lot of these guys are friends in RL. They're enjoying the s**t out taking shots at each other i'd bet. From a personal pov I couldn't care less for it, especially on the TV shows, but whatever. Competition is great.

I swear that Gorillia position segment with Carmella and Vega was distracting.

Carmella gets a bigger boob job every ep.

Absolute monsters.
My mate came around for dinner yesterday wearing a Carmella t-shirt.
He had no idea who she was - just bought it off Buy Swap Sell cause it was 5 bucks haha.

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Reigns has opened his mouth again

Nothing Reigns said was incorrect though.

Reigns is the biggest thing in wrestling right now, has been for well over a year. Punk, putting that awesome debut night aside, has been nothing but underwhelming.

His comments about the AEW audience and that ceiling were spot on too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Nothing Reigns said was incorrect though.

Reigns is the biggest thing in wrestling right now, has been for well over a year. Punk, putting that awesome debut night aside, has been nothing but underwhelming.

His comments about the AEW audience and that ceiling were spot on too

Garbage. On so many levels.

*Ignoring everyone outside "the demo"

Considering the average age of a wrestling fan (not a WWE fan, an average wrestling fan) is in the late 40's, early 50's--- the obsession with the "demo" as the standardised ratings indicator, rather than looking at total numbers is entirely flawed.

Wrestling advertisers aren't the standard US television advertisers, they are more interested in the attributes associated with the fan base than the age of the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back