Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
This is the WWE thread— you mentioned AEW.

Wouldn’t that then be you taking the conversation off topic.

As I said— let’s wait until AEW does something before we talk them up outside of the AEW thread.

People would love to talk about the WWE product. Problem is there pretty much isn't one that fans (or talent) can invest in at all anymore. Just a blur of nonsense all simply for the stupid, inappropriate and arrogant amusement of Vince McMahon. All people hope is for AEW to shake Vince out of his stupid, insular views like WCW and ECW did to some extent the last time his product was so badly on the nose and rating so poorly.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We're never getting WrestleMania or the Royal Rumble, so Raw and SmackDown is the best we'd get. Everybody who's dropped off since 2002 still knows what Raw and SmackDown are. Crowd would be great, full of drunk adults, there to finally see the real thing.

For a supposed world company, it really does struggle to get out of North America for any PPV’s.

Hate that they play the American anthem on most of its shows as well, if your a multi national company, either play every single nation’s national anthem or not at all.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Bray's vignettes are great, only reason I watch anymore. Canned within a month.

A lot of talk about that people anticipate it being canned or toned down, now that they've bought kids into it, because it goes a bit close to the mark. For me though, THAT'S THE F**KING POINT! He's a heel. He's a villain. He's not meant to be liked or be likeable. He's meant to illicit a negative and uncomfortable reaction. They're not promoting him as a good example or "the way to be". It's like any other bad guy in any other TV show or movie.

If sponsors or parents don't like it, then they can get behind the faces to give Bray his comeuppance, as is wrestling tradition since the dawn of time. If Windham Rotunda isn't afraid of the real-life heat, keep it going. The faces need something genuine to battle and overcome, and there needs to be an actual reason for these matches and feuds, to keep us watching and justify all this bloody TV time that Raw and SmackDown get every week.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Lacey Evans is a former US Marine. Wouldn’t that background be the basis for a much more interesting character than a Southern Belle?

I think the fact that she's able to believeably play something completely different is a bonus. Hard for a military character to be anything other than a whitemeat babyface, too, especially as a female. Might be a way for the character to evolve over time, to "go back to her roots", but it kind of limits and pidgeonholes her if she starts off with it IMO.

Also, am I the only one who finds her well-built and defined back and shoulders sexy? Great physique! #vince

Bowski

Club Legend
May 14, 2007
Shenanigan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic
A lot of talk about that people anticipate it being canned or toned down, now that they've bought kids into it, because it goes a bit close to the mark. For me though, THAT'S THE F**KING POINT! He's a heel. He's a villain. He's not meant to be liked or be likeable. He's meant to illicit a negative and uncomfortable reaction. They're not promoting him as a good example or "the way to be". It's like any other bad guy in any other TV show or movie.

If sponsors or parents don't like it, then they can get behind the faces to give Bray his comeuppance, as is wrestling tradition since the dawn of time. If Windham Rotunda isn't afraid of the real-life heat, keep it going. The faces need something genuine to battle and overcome, and there needs to be an actual reason for these matches and feuds, to keep us watching and justify all this bloody TV time that Raw and SmackDown get every week.

100% agree. Logic is often not applied with these things though. Quite often when something is supposedly pulled due to 'sponsors' it's actually done preemptively when someone involved gets spooked about the prospect.

To fantasy book for a moment, I'd enjoy seeing Wyatt tear through The Lashleys and The Corbins of the roster as well as the babyfaces.

If he winds up tagging with any of the mid-card of evil, the character is dead in the water.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It will be interesting to see what WWE's response will be to AEW over the next few weeks on their televised programs. Right now the Wild Card is a disaster and their only real draw is Bray Wyatt.

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's still a WWE talking point.

There's a good chance MITB results will change because of this announcement. There's also a good chance they'll drop the Wild Card rubbish and take a gamble on some new story-lines. Everyone sees it as a desperation tactic and it's been a disaster. I actually think they'll start Bray's monster push sooner than was intended also.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
I laugh at anyone that even thinks AEW is even a blip on the WWE radar at the moment.
Obviously. This is why the WWE are:

- paying people stupid amounts of money to keep them off the market
- holding and extending contracts of talent they are not even using
- resigning Taker and Goldberg to massive deals just to keep them away from Starcast which has a loose association with AEW anyhow

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Obviously. This is why the WWE are:

- paying people stupid amounts of money to keep them off the market
- holding and extending contracts of talent they are not even using
- resigning Taker and Goldberg to massive deals just to keep them away from Starcast which has a loose association with AEW anyhow

Off the top of my head from the last 8 months alone:

- HHH took time out of his HOF speech to recognize AEW
- Offered The Young Bucks a godfather contract
- Offered the rest of The Elite ridiculous contracts
- Even WWE in 2019 are trying to sign JOEY RYAN now
- Threw big money at Punishment Martinez and Chelsea Green after All In
- Fake Finn Balor push
- Embarrassing The Revival while they can because they know they're AEW bound
- They're waiting for Sasha to come back so they can do the same
- Panic signed Batista, Goldberg, Kurt Angle and The Undertaker.
- Paying Jinder Mahal 500K a year to sit at home
- Adding extra time onto the contract of a 40 year old Harper who they've let known is useless anyways
- Contracts are getting longer and being given out easier than before
- Outmatched for MJF, Christoper Daniels, Lucha Bros and Bea Priestley

Probably missed a few. Let's not forget Shahid is worth more than double what Vince is, but yeah obviously WWE aren't worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back