WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theory I heard (don't watch Raw and SmackDown enough to decide if it's true) behind the ruining of Seth Rollins is WWE turned him into a Roman Reigns substitute.

Can you really blame the WWE for the failures of the Shield reunions?
  • 1st Reunion- ended due to an injury to Dean Ambrose
  • 2nd Reunion- ended due to Roman Reigns getting Leukaemia
  • 3rd Reunion- ended due to Dean Ambrose leaving the company
Which of those did they 'royally screw up'?

The first one. The incremental reuniting of Rollins and Ambrose as tag champs before Roman joins them took out all the excitement of that reunion. Watch that segment again, Miz (who’s awful) is with Sheamus, Cesaro and Curtis Axel (truly ruined by this point) stand there and talk about the Shield rumours, and then one by one the Shield just boringly walk out from the curtain. How dull can you get? Not to mention all three member’s of the Shield were ruined by this point. Name me one member of The Shield who’s brand enhanced after they disbanded.

The WWE killing all of them meant nobody wanted to see a triple threat at Battleground or a reunion to take on The Miz. That’s what I call royally screwing up.

So to get this straight, USA used two “picks” to individually select Bliss and Cross separately for RAW (when they could have just used one to get them as a team), and THEN have gone and “traded” them to Smackdown, for zero trade in return?

That’s insulting to viewers intelligence..

OH, and Bischoff was fired.

Wwe trying to buy a Japanese promotion were turned down by Noah

Dave says they have apparently got a few important Japanese guys to be trainers for nxt

Another rumour is minoru Suzuki could be one of them. Other speculation is liger

So to get this straight, USA used two “picks” to individually select Bliss and Cross separately for RAW (when they could have just used one to get them as a team), and THEN have gone and “traded” them to Smackdown, for zero trade in return?

no no, "future draft considerations". As if they'll remember that!

Wwe trying to buy a Japanese promotion were turned down by Noah

Dave says they have apparently got a few important Japanese guys to be trainers for nxt

Another rumour is minoru Suzuki could be one of them. Other speculation is liger

speculation of partnership with Big Japan and Sendai Girls, and Meiko Satomura to be one of the trainers. Haven't seen either Suzuki or Liger mentioned before.

Last edited:
speculation of partnership with Big Japan and Sendai Girls, and Meiko Satomura to be one of the trainers. Haven't seen either Suzuki or Liger mentioned before.
Was talk of it from a few different places who knows. Suzuki is leaving new japan though

Why and when did they say Seth is off the team?

it's on the website on the Crown Jewel match previews, "The Hulkster originally selected Universal Champion Seth Rollins to be his team captain, but after The Architect was placed in a Universal Title Falls Count Anywhere Match against "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt, it was determined that he could no longer take part. As a result, a new captain will be chosen in the coming weeks."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bit of a concern that both shows have lost significant audience numbers. NXT roughly 40% since debuting on USA (20% since going head to head), and AEW roughly 30%.
The first ep ever of Aew was always going to draw those few extra curious viewers and has seemed to hold around that steady 1mil mark since. I'd say that's about their standard number from here on. Start dropping too much below that million mark then it would be a concern.

Similarly to NXT, they announced the time slot going directly head to head with AEW so that alone would have drawn a few more viewers in than the average week with those tuning in to see what ammunition WWE was going to put out in competition (I myself watched for the first time in over a year for that week only).

I reckon a bit more sample space will be a better indicator. Like comparing these few weeks now of 2-5. With the numbers they're getting in about weeks 10-12 to better determine a consistent drop off, rise, or steady viewership

Last edited:
The first ep ever of Aew was always going to draw those few extra curious viewers and has seemed to hold around that steady 1mil mark since. I'd say that's about their standard number from here on. Start dropping too much below that million mark then it would be a concern.

Similarly to NXT, they announced the time slot going directly head to head with AEW so that alone would have drawn a few more viewers in than the average week with those ruining in to see what ammunition WWE was going to put out in competition (I myself watched for the first time in over a year for that week only).

I reckon a bit more sample space will be a better indicator. Like comparing these few weeks now of 2-5. With the numbers they're getting in about weeks 10-12 to better determine a consistent drop off, rise, or steady viewership
When is the next PPV and TakeOver? That might also determine how things go

"Ogawa never strongly considered selling to WWE. Part of the situation was that Bushiroad had a battle plan for what they wanted to do, while WWE really didn’t, past the point they wanted to use the women to start NXT Japan. But they really didn’t seem to have a battle plan past the point they wanted to do it. There was no plan on who would run it, how it would be run, and it was likely to be merged with a men’s group or the women would be put on shows with men as WWE does things. There were no decisions on house shows, as NXT U.K. was supposed to have house show and now only does TV tapings and one or two big shows a year. Stardom runs 100 to 125 live events per year, almost all in small buildings.

However, WWE did offer to sign the entire roster to contracts and bring them in for WrestleMania week, and also to induct Ogawa into the Hall of Fame in 2020 if the deal went through."

WWE in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back