WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd have to argue in bad faith, pretending 1996-2003ish never happened.

Pro-wrestling in the 1970s and 1980s was mainstream. Hell, it was mainstream well before that. Contrary to what the McMahons tell you, wrestling was being held in big arenas all over the world in front of big TV audiences. There was a tweet I saw a while back which listed attendances by sport in the US for the year 1973 - professional wrestling was the clear number one (hey it might have been crap but it illustrates a point).

It's now a niche market and all major companies seem to be focused on servicing the niche rather than expanding the audience. I don't see a Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin or Rock or John Cena coming down the path that will have the ability to connect to a wider audience. Hopefully someone does click like The Rock did or Bruno Sammartino or Rikidozan or whoever - I just don't see it happening.

Pro-wrestling in the 1970s and 1980s was mainstream. Hell, it was mainstream well before that. Contrary to what the McMahons tell you, wrestling was being held in big arenas all over the world in front of big TV audiences. There was a tweet I saw a while back which listed attendances by sport in the US for the year 1973 - professional wrestling was the clear number one (hey it might have been crap but it illustrates a point).

It's now a niche market and all major companies seem to be focused on servicing the niche rather than expanding the audience. I don't see a Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin or Rock or John Cena coming down the path that will have the ability to connect to a wider audience. Hopefully someone does click like The Rock did or Bruno Sammartino or Rikidozan or whoever - I just don't see it happening.

Vince McMahon wants WWE to be mainstream like Disney. Problem is he's an obstinate, micromanaging *head. So it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

The HOF is a joke now.

Waltman. Seriously??

Just stop it for 5 years and the when they open it up again do 2 people at a time, and have the first two to go in be Cena and Edge.

claw back some dignity
I agree that the HOF should have less people in it each year, but X-Pac deserves to be in there more than Koko B. Ware for example.

its about time for Harper. He was the best worker in Wyatt family, who was the most under used.

lets hope some more talent gets released that’s not being used correctly leave. Couldn’t really care about Sin Cara, hope he goes well.

WWE would have just about no one left then

The HOF is a joke now.

Waltman. Seriously??

Just stop it for 5 years and the when they open it up again do 2 people at a time, and have the first two to go in be Cena and Edge.

claw back some dignity

Don't imagine Hall of Fame makes much from ticket sales. It'll be on a Thursday next year, so even less.

Robert Roode and Primo Colon suspended for 30 days due to Wellness Policy Violations.

I guess that means Ziggler will be off TV for at least 30 days and not many people would even notice...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robert Roode and Primo Colon suspended for 30 days due to Wellness Policy Violations.

I guess that means Ziggler will be off TV for at least 30 days and not many people would even notice...
Primo is wrestling in WWC anyway.

they can just use Ziggler as a singles guy. Why should he be punished for Roode's mistake?

I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE has known about Roode's suspension for a couple of weeks now. Would explain why Roode was 'buried' by Roman Reigns on Smackdown a few weeks back underneath the announce desk. The 'injury' from that attack would explain his absence and makes sense why Corbin & Ziggler worked as a duo last week.

New youtube video that should get 3mil views.

ROMAN REIGNS EATS DOG FOOD!!!

More of this please!
3mil views for Reigns getting dog food put on him. What are the odds.

I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE has known about Roode's suspension for a couple of weeks now. Would explain why Roode was 'buried' by Roman Reigns on Smackdown a few weeks back underneath the announce desk. The 'injury' from that attack would explain his absence and makes sense why Corbin & Ziggler worked as a duo last week.

Remember when Roman Reigns was suspended two days after losing the WWE Championship. Such fortunate timing!

Then he won the following WrestleMania main event in what was the Undertaker's last chance to retire with dignity (SPOILER Mark Calloway is too greedy to retire).

Remember when Roman Reigns was suspended two days after losing the WWE Championship. Such fortunate timing!

***also two days after winning the WWE Championship ;)

But yes— the WWE have openly admitted to knowing about Reigns suspension before Money In The Bank 2016.

Then he won the following WrestleMania main event in what was the Undertaker's last chance to retire with dignity (SPOILER Mark Calloway is too greedy to retire).

.... ‘Taker was already way past retiring with dignity by that stage—- both the Wyatt & Shane McMahon matches weren’t great.At least the Reigns/Taker match is enjoyable on a re-watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back