WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Orlando extends its restrictions on movement and gatherings they may not be able to film anything else.

There'll still be a show, because tv revenue is what's going to keep them afloat this year. But there's certainly a scenario where they can't film new matches.

If the WWE is unable to produce new content from Orlando then the WWE will most likely do 'studio' shows from the WWE HQ in CT using a single host presenting old matches & documentary clips. For example they could spend an hour of NXT for the next two months doing introductions/background information and then each Gargano/Ciampa match.

The WWE could do longer-form interviews (Stone Cold Sessions, JBL show, etc.) via. Web cameras---- air episodes of WWE 24 or even put together new documentaries with all their back footage.

I'd even love to see 'watch along' content with wrestlers talking about their old matches. Imagine Kofi Kingston with The New Day putting new commentary over each match of KofiMania from last year, or Daniel Bryan, Triple H & Randy Orton over the 'Yes movement'--- The Undertaker is the American Bad Ass again, he could commentate some of his biggest matches, etc.

If the WWE is unable to produce new content from Orlando then the WWE will most likely do 'studio' shows from the WWE HQ in CT using a single host presenting old matches & documentary clips. For example they could spend an hour of NXT for the next two months doing introductions/background information and then each Gargano/Ciampa match.

The WWE could do longer-form interviews (Stone Cold Sessions, JBL show, etc.) via. Web cameras---- air episodes of WWE 24 or even put together new documentaries with all their back footage.

I'd even love to see 'watch along' content with wrestlers talking about their old matches. Imagine Kofi Kingston with The New Day putting new commentary over each match of KofiMania from last year, or Daniel Bryan, Triple H & Randy Orton over the 'Yes movement'--- The Undertaker is the American Bad Ass again, he could commentate some of his biggest matches, etc.

if they re-air matches from this year WMs, that's 3 shows done.

For example they could spend an hour of NXT for the next two months doing introductions/background information and then each Gargano/Ciampa match.

This would make me more likely to watch the show.

It's something from a bygone era that I miss. 10 years ago when they were pumping out dozens of DVDs each year we would already have the compendium of the Gargano/Ciampa feud, including the DIY championship run, the Gargano run while Ciampa had the knee, the promos, the tv matches and the PPV matches.

I have a semi just thinking about it.

This would make me more likely to watch the show.

It's something from a bygone era that I miss. 10 years ago when they were pumping out dozens of DVDs each year we would already have the compendium of the Gargano/Ciampa feud, including the DIY championship run, the Gargano run while Ciampa had the knee, the promos, the tv matches and the PPV matches.

I have a semi just thinking about it.

Knowing how much content the WWE films backstage—I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve got most of it ‘ready’ to put together pretty easily, especially if you add interview footage from the Cruiserweight Class, Ciampa neck injury documentary & interview both men, Candice LaRae, Triple H, Adam Cole & a few other wrestlers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else is left for her to face post WM?

Someone from NXT? I wouldn't be surprised if they go on a bit of a hiatus, if they felt the need to tape 2 weeks plus Mania in a short time, they must surely realise its going to be tough and they may just work on producing some best of shows to fill their TV obligations for a little while, it would make the most sense.

Who else is left for her to face post WM?

Ronda Rousey could return (they did chose to show her match on Raw this week), Nia Jax could return (probably the 2nd biggest 'heat' feud left for Becky Lynch with the blood nose incident), they could build Ruby Riott back up to be a potential challenger (maybe more effective if they re-form the 'Riott Squad'), A Shayna re-match with Shayna's MMA buddies by her side, Kairi Sane---- then there's Asuka who they could use again, Charlotte again (for like the 10th time), Beth Pheonix could do a return to do a short program (potentially alongside Nattie), The Iiconics are Raw talent and never got a shot against Becky--- that's potentially another year worth of contenders for Becky without even doing a draft (and bringing back over Sasha or Bayley).

Jesus these two guys fighting Keith Lee are 100% cringe. Those entrances are embarrassing.
No bloke over 6ft3 should be rolling around in bike shorts. Just so NQR.

And Priest just looks like a wannabe nobody. Tall, reasonable shape, and long hair. That’s absolutely it.

Jesus these two guys fighting Keith Lee are 100% cringe. Those entrances are embarrassing.
No bloke over 6ft3 should be rolling around in bike shorts. Just so NQR.

And Priest just looks like a wannabe nobody. Tall, reasonable shape, and long hair. That’s absolutely it.

They're actually pretty good but the presentation of both is not doing either any favours. ROH did miles better with them to this point although it is still early.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2884258-wwe-raw-ratings-drop-to-192m-viewers-for-go-home-show-before-wrestlemania-36

source.gif

A go home show to Mania, with no sports competition, everyone at home and they are still in freefall, drawing only half the numbers they did 10 years ago.

A new low for Dubya dubya ee. It's over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back