WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised people still like the MITB concept.

Whi i initially loved it, through the law of diminishing returns it’s really lost it’s edge. I don’t like having the prestige of the main belts beingundermined with yearly cash in title changes.

I think a MITB match once every two years or once every four years could make it a more prestigious event. It’s a golden ticket to winning the title and if you lose the ladder match you may never get another opportunity again.

This would also allow you to put the briefcase on newer talent who could potentially hold the briefcase for well over a year and lead to some long interesting story arcs.

Won’t ever happen, but I’m just sick of the current format.

They’ve definitely cocked it up, the best cash ins are shock ones, not when they tease it every single week.

What would be a new idea is the winner gets an injury and disappears for a while, only to return out of the blue and cash in.

Or they win it on Smackdown then make an unexpected cash in on the Raw champion during a PPV.

It’s also another great example on them over doing it up by making match types into actual PPVs.

The original MITB matches had so much hype and excitement for them going into Manias - they were generally the guys who didn’t have a current high profile feud, but were still A or B graders, and with all the big title matches going on, there was always that excitement of a cash in (or on the following RAW)
They also allowed them to get a ladder/hardcore match on to a usually stacked Mania card which generally features standard matches with long built feuds (well, not any more)

But they had to go ruin all that.

It frustrates me a lot of the time, especially when a younger/fresh talent wins, because the cash in removes the long story and build that actually gets a baby face character over. We don’t get the long chase and story of perseverance against the heel favoured odds.

Sure, it’s a great sugar hit and massive pop for the character at the time. But no one then expects that character to be a credible or long term Champion. It does more damage to the character long term in my opinion.

It works better when a heel does it, and preferably a heel that has already had a good Championship reign on the CV already.

It is a shame that they have diluted the value of the MITB. Some of my favourite moments over the last 10-15 years have been the unexpected cash ins to win the title.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It frustrates me a lot of the time, especially when a younger/fresh talent wins, because the cash in removes the long story and build that actually gets a baby face character over. We don’t get the long chase and story of perseverance against the heel favoured odds.

Sure, it’s a great sugar hit and massive pop for the character at the time. But no one then expects that character to be a credible or long term Champion. It does more damage to the character long term in my opinion.

It works better when a heel does it, and preferably a heel that has already had a good Championship reign on the CV already.
MITB for heels, the Royal Rumble for faces was always a good rule of thumb for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so Hell in a Cell PPV is next Monday (26th) and this is what we have so far:
McIntyre (c) vs Orton (WWE Championship match inside Hell in a Cell)
Reigns (c) vs Uso (WWE Universal match inside Hell in a Cell with "I Quit" stipulation)
Bayley (c) vs Sasha (SD Women's Championship match inside Hell in a Cell)
Jeff Hardy vs Elias
--------
seriously, that's it. :thumbsdown:

so Hell in a Cell PPV is next Monday (26th) and this is what we have so far:
McIntyre (c) vs Orton (WWE Championship match inside Hell in a Cell)
Reigns (c) vs Uso (WWE Universal match inside Hell in a Cell with "I Quit" stipulation)
Bayley (c) vs Sasha (SD Women's Championship match inside Hell in a Cell)
Jeff Hardy vs Elias
--------
seriously, that's it. :thumbsdown:

Probably get Sami Zayn defending IC against someone like Apollo at short notice and probably Street Profits vs Roode/Ziggler vs Shinsaro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back